It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sad, so very sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lately I've been wanting to make a role playing forum. Like you know an internet message board that people can role play in, be whoever they want, do whatever they want, that sort of thing. But I don't know if anyone would join, I could probably get my friend to join, and maybe even my uncle, but I three people is hardly a community. It would be loosely set in the FFVIII universe, meaning that it would take place in the universe, but you could do pretty much anything you want.

You could control a character, or even multiple characters if you wanted to. You could pretty much create a character for your thread and basically live out a normal life or an extraordinary life. Come home from work/school and put that your character was gardening or something, I don't know. Or you could battle with other people on the forum, and interact with them. The possibilities are limitless. You could solo it and just stick to role playing with yourself, or you could do it with other people. You could form a party with other players and raid dungeons, you can do anything. I think it's an amazing idea and I can't wait to set it up.

I know how to set such a thing up, but again, the problem I don't know anyone who would join. So would anyone here be interested in helping me get such a thing started? Or perhaps you know someone who might be interested? Or perhaps you just want to chill out in off-topic and just talk with other people outside of the game? Please make any suggestions, I'm open to ideas.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey , this sounds really cool

Il join and il see if some of my friends want to join too

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1

Thanks! I haven't really made it yet, but I plan on doing it later. I'll be sure to let you know once it's up.
edit on 5-6-2011 by samusaran253 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sounds like SecondLife virtual world.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253

Thanks! I haven't really made it yet, but I plan on doing it later. I'll be sure to let you know once it's up.

Thanks alot

I look forwards to seeing your work!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253

Thanks alot

I look forwards to seeing your work!

Peace.

Thank you. If you have any ideas or suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a go.

So long as everyone was aware of who was who it could be fun. If one person was playing at being three or four different characters it would help to know that member A was playing as X,Y and Z, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being a different person now and then. I think I could keep in character.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by samusaran253

Aren't most online games pretty much like that? i know everquest is as i play sometimes, mainly selling, building my house and trade skills now days, but really i think we are all a lot healthier if we find things to do in real life. I do gardent and sculpt in clay and sing and read and write, and many other things and those things feel like they leave me mind and body more healthy then the online games and online "friends".

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Im not into those types of games, not much of a gamer but I am sure if you post in some gaming forums you could get some people to join and play.

Good luck!!

If you build it they will come

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Isn't that called World of Warcraft? I am not sure though don't play MMORPG's. But I guess some people are interested in that sort of thing. Why are you sad over it? If you don't mind me asking just curious.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Very similar to Secondlife yeah? But without the fun

The Office - Dwight on Secondlife

Nah jokes, it would be fun i guess, sometimes i think half the people you talk to online or in message boards are already roleplaying

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f540cb8404.jpg[/atsimg]

Get my drift?

edit on 5-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I don't know why I thought of the Elvis movie Follow that Dream but I did.
The part where his dad says, "Ain't nobody can insult a man with his own john ain't nobody." And drives off with the toilet.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

This post will be a little more serious

You need to think of a nich'e or something only you have and that no one else offers yet. Then make it fun, interactive and something that keeps people coming back and wanting more like ratings, rewards and the list could go on.

Then you need to think about a great name and domain that will stick and a way to market it the most important part

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just try and create the matrix. Character's stats would somehow have to be logged. A virtual world that completely mimics the current world, driving, shooting, role playing, everything. You could convert google maps sort of like Flight simulator, and have all real buildings and scenery. Money would be just like the real world, backed by nothing, but you would earn it inside this world by doing tasks. To pay for servers, you could have real world companies insert their ads into the virtual world. This game would destroy all other games.. It would be perpetual, pay for itself, and would include every category of gaming. Problems is this game would be too good, people would never want to leave this world, and would die in their chairs looking at the screen like zombies.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Just try and create the matrix. Character's stats would somehow have to be logged. A virtual world that completely mimics the current world, driving, shooting, role playing, everything. You could convert google maps sort of like Flight simulator, and have all real buildings and scenery. Money would be just like the real world, backed by nothing, but you would earn it inside this world by doing tasks. To pay for servers, you could have real world companies insert their ads into the virtual world. This game would destroy all other games.. It would be perpetual, pay for itself, and would include every category of gaming. Problems is this game would be too good, people would never want to leave this world, and would die in their chairs looking at the screen like zombies.

Well it would be like a forum rp, not like a MMO.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Actually, I think I'm going to opt for a more structured RP environment. Set around the three gardens.

top topics

join