It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border War: Blind Eye of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

While the United States has spent almost a decade chasing down an invisible, some might even say imaginary enemy on the other side of the planet, a very real war at home has been completely ignored by our political leaders and largely left out of the mainstream media. No one seems to want to talk about the fact that the U.S. is being invaded by a very real, active, and potent enemy. Headlines like "Marijuana plants seized" downplay what is happening here at home, while headlines like "Al-Qaeda mastermind behind slaughter of U.S. troops" dominate the short attention span of the average American viewer. The truth of the matter is far more chilling than any politician or mainstream media source will ever admit.

Let us set aside many of the more common debates about illegal immigration, such as the damaging impact on the economy, on labor bargaining, the tax burden, infrastructure, etcetera. Instead let us focus on the mortal danger posed to Americans as a people, which stems from our ignore-the-border policy and the nefarious politics behind it. Advocates of illegal immigrants would have you believe that most people who cross the southern US border from Mexico are simple hard-working law-abiding folk, and that only the occasional bad apple floats across the Rio Grande or tumbles through desert tunnels. The truth is that millions of sworn gang members, gang affiliates, narco-terrorists, and bona-fide political insurgents here in the US are illegal immigrants, to say nothing of your average run-of-the-mill rapists and murderers. These gangs and criminal enterprises are far more lethal and organized than some family in Iraq or Afghanistan protecting their home from rampaging troops out gallivanting through the desert. The subversive political agenda of Aztlan is a direct threat to the sovereignty of the US and well funded by narco-dollars. While we are out chasing ghosts on the other side of the world, we have been invaded by a guerilla armies, millions strong, harboring ideology of racial supremacy known as La Raza, and bent on the destruction of America as we know it. They are not here to take part in the American dream, but to overrun it....

Article continues here (with video)

This article seems a bit extreme at first, but the author makes a sound argument that illegal immigration is a much more serious problem than who picks our apples. A very serious threat that should be taken every bit as seriously as if Osama bin Laden had been the President of Mexico.

I am inclined to agree with the author of this piece. I would like to hear logical arguments against what is written there. Or, of course, feel free to ring in with additional information to support the author's premise.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Great post S+F

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add in terms of an argument for or against what has been written (I am from the UK and thus, ignorant about the situation). I do think from reading the article that it is very plausible and I shall be doing some more digging.

I also find it interesting that it is in many ways an example of how we often miss what is right under our noses...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
yes this is very serious! i had read previously on the drudge report an article stating that drug gangs from mexico who are extremely savage have crossed over the border into the U.S. noticed a few days later the headline had been taken off the drudge report. don't know when it will happen but eventually we will hear of horrific crimes being commited in this country by these gangs. America had better wake up!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99
Great post S+F

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add in terms of an argument for or against what has been written (I am from the UK and thus, ignorant about the situation). I do think from reading the article that it is very plausible and I shall be doing some more digging.

I also find it interesting that it is in many ways an example of how we often miss what is right under our noses...

Well, there in the UK you guys have a big problem with Arab immigrants no? I know that on the European mainland they do, as well as with African immigrants. There is a lot of talk of these immigrants trying to bring about Sharia Law and whatnot.

So while not the same, I think there is something there that you might be able to relate it to.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by runninbear
yes this is very serious! i had read previously on the drudge report an article stating that drug gangs from mexico who are extremely savage have crossed over the border into the U.S. noticed a few days later the headline had been taken off the drudge report. don't know when it will happen but eventually we will hear of horrific crimes being commited in this country by these gangs. America had better wake up!

The horrific crimes have been going on since the 90's.

A friend of mine, her mother had her throat slit in a parking lot by in illegal from Honduras a few years ago. Another friend of a friend, his wife was savagely raped by an illegal Nicaraguan working for a general contractor hired to fix their deck. Now those are just the "pull at the heart strings" stories I threw out there.

But you can ask any law-enforcement officer what the real threat is from these narco-terrorists, such as MS-13.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Originally posted by AtlantisX99
Great post S+F

Well, there in the UK you guys have a big problem with Arab immigrants no? I know that on the European mainland they do, as well as with African immigrants. There is a lot of talk of these immigrants trying to bring about Sharia Law and whatnot.

So while not the same, I think there is something there that you might be able to relate it to.

Yes you are correct and unfortunately we have had a lot of 'soft' politicians which have allowed a lot of things to go on, which to my mind should not have. We have a 'relaxed' immigration poilcy for years as well as bad policing of illegal immigration which has not done us any favours, not to mention during the 'boom' ecenomic period prior to the recession, we welcomed lots of EU citizens (mainly Polish people to be fair) into our country to do the jobs we couldn't be bothered to do ourselves and since the recession, we are now complaining that these immigrants are taking all of our jobs.

And now, to combat our massive national defecit (which the previous government lied about saying it was a third the size of what it is) the 'government' is making funding cuts to a massive number of public services, such as the NHS, the military, the police and others such as libraries, schools and town councils. Needless to say, whilst UK MSM might not give this impression to the world, it pretty much sucks here at the moment.

So the problem for us is that the immigration problem will likely grow without us noticing because we are focused on too many other things..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Many people are unaware that many illegals have had numerous arrests and deportations only to come right back again! One young girl lost both her legs because of an illegal immigrant and our laws not being enforced. One man lost both his wife and child at the same time. There are stories too numerous and heart wrenching to list.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There is a direct correlation to new housing and illegal immigrants.
After a long run of development in Orange County, Ca in 2008 it stopped dead...totally.
Thousands of them have left for good.
With housing in a crisis mode across the country, picking fruit or landscaping is all that remains.
But never forget they breed like rats wherever they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i live on the border, the US side and everything is fine here...so i'm not too sure about what all of you are talking about, the people that get hurt are usually not in the country when it happens

yes there is violence on the border but most of it is on the Mexican side of the border, it has not crossed over and the US border towns are all in ruins like people up north may think, everything is peaches and cream here

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

I dont live anywhere near the border and my city has been blighted by the infestation of illegals. A friend of mine, her mother had her throat cut two years ago and she was left to die in a grocery store parking lot, but an illegal from Honduras. He fled back to Honduras. Another woman was beaten to death in her apartment here recently, by an illegal.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

I don't live anywhere near the border either and we have a huge problem here. Illegals are all across the USA. In many areas, you now have to be bilingual in order to get hired.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I tried to get work at McDonald's, and even though I know a few managers, they won't hire me because I don't speak Spanish. Nevermind the fact that the staff can't even communicate with the majority of their English-speaking customers.

Of course, that it only one aspect. The increased tax burden over the influx of students requiring large scale expansion of many schools has literally pushed many local families out of their homes. People simpley cannot afford the taxes here anymore. And then there is the crime rate. Which actually starts in the schools now riddled with gang members requiring additional security at additional cost to taxpayers of course. The violence and thuggery in schools and around town are unprecedented. Our rate of unsolved murders is also at its peak.
edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
To be so overwhelmed in numbers of illegal immigrants that we must be forced to speak a foreign language, that millions of our own citizens are being displaced in the workforce and that it is costing us billions of dollars in schooling, medical and welfare for illegals etc. is a HUGE problem and a very important issue.

It amazes me that so many people are misinformed on the subject. It amazes me that so many people will stand up for a foreign intruder before their own fellow citizen

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Goradd

I dont live anywhere near the border and my city has been blighted by the infestation of illegals. A friend of mine, her mother had her throat cut two years ago and she was left to die in a grocery store parking lot, but an illegal from Honduras. He fled back to Honduras. Another woman was beaten to death in her apartment here recently, by an illegal.

Black people do the same crimes and more often, should we then send all the black people back to africa? Yes, some illegal people do crimes but its not as much as people think, most of the illegals come here for work not to commit crime.

And do u know that these crimes were actually done by illegals, and it helps for people to know that not all illegal immigrants are mexican

If the US government made it easier for these poor mexicans to get out of the war zone their country is in then they wouldn't have to come here illegally, it is much easier to come to the USA from europe than it is to the land that was once the property of their ancestors
edit on 17-6-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd

reply to post by Goradd

Black people do the same crimes and more often, should we then send all the black people back to africa? Yes, some illegal people do crimes but its not as much as people think, most of the illegals come here for work not to commit crime.

And do u know that these crimes were actually done by illegals, and it helps for people to know that not all illegal immigrants are mexican

If the US government made it easier for these poor mexicans to get out of the war zone their country is in then they wouldn't have to come here illegally, it is much easier to come to the USA from europe than it is to the land that was once the property of their ancestors
edit on 17-6-2011 by Goradd because: (no reason given)

I know not all illegals come from Mexico, which is why I pointed out that the man in my example there came from Honduras.

Black people have a right to be here, illegals don't.

Most illegals are NOT here for the work. 70% of illegal immigrants on welfare

Why should the US government make it "easier" for illegals?! We can't even take care of ourselves at this point, so don't give me the "poor illegals" routine. We've got our own problems here. Let them stay home and fix their own problems in their own country. By your logic, if your next door neighbor is a wife beater, you should leave your front door unlocked to make it "easier" for your neighbor's wife and kids to come into your house, eat your food, watch your television and break your things.

But as you pointed out yourself, it is already easier for illegals from Latin America. So why should they be shown favoritism over people seeking asylum from war zones and abject poverty in Africa or Asia? Are you a racist?

And no, this land was not once the property ancestors. I am descended of the Wappinger, not the Aztecs. Illegals have no claim to this land on which I dwell, or any land north of the border, any more than I can lay claim by birthright to land in Mexico. But oh, that's right, it is ILLEGAL for an American to own land in Mexico.

top topics

join