It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No, not debunked. There are things that I don't agree with while watching each episode but there are also plenty of things left that you nor anyone else can explain or 'debunk'. The way you see it is, if you can debunk one episode, might as well throw it all out the window. The way I see it is, if there is even a small portion of it that can't be explained with some conventional theory, then there is reason to investigate and raise the question of whether it could possibly be due to visitations in the past.

Now, you can put a label on that and provide some kind of link labeling me as if to discredit my opinion, like I've already seen in the thread, but it doesn't provide any answers to the unexplainable portions of the theory. And there are many. It's getting you nowhere and really just boils down to your opinion.

The theory is neither proven nor dis proven, and that's the bottom line. It will remain a mystery until something real tangible turns up. Until then its just speculation and opinions from both sides.

Personally I find the new Starchild information to be compelling and unexplainable. That is tangible evidence.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder how this can be a hoax?

Its so freaking obvious, at least to me.

Just Puma Punku itself is enough to me. Sorry, stone agers could not never in any way have build that. There is no way, period.

So what do the legends say? It was the gods who came from the heaven. Its make you wonder.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I would draw your attention to how the Terran Papers are the creation of a man who's bona fides and credibility have been found rather lacking...Robert Morning Sky. I say 'would' because you've already chosen to have faith in his accounts. The 'conspiracy' against him involves members of the Hopi tribe denying any knowledge of him or his stories. Funnily enough, his confederate (partner in crime?), Credo Mutwa is similarly denied by his purported tribe too. Aren't both of them supported by David Icke? Quite the web...

Instead, why not put the You Tube videos to one side and look at the extant translations of Sumerian Literature at this well-known link...The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (ETCSL) Sure, it's a lousy name for what amounts to a definitive collection of Sumerian mythology. The contributors are people who live and breathe the stuff and can read it fluently. It's peer-reviewed and extensive.

A more accessible archive of information is available at the British Museum website; they have illustrated pages that feature tablets and translations.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Aye. Never let the truth get in the way of a fanciful story. And these days, people need fantasy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Aye. Never let the truth get in the way of a fanciful story. And these days, people need fantasy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
Everyone is entitled to create an article of what they believe and why they believe it, but one man's interpretation should not degrade the works of many many people who have spent their life time on such things.

Yes, it does. If they have the facts and evidence to support your conclusions, as well as the disconfirming evidence that unravels another, it does disprove the works of many people, no matter how many believe it or how long they worked on it. You are relying on an appeal to popularity and appeal to time; the popularity or time-worked on a idea does not validate the idea.

IssacKoi's posts on the Dogons and Sirius B amount to near 11,000 words. Your response came twenty-minutes after the thread was referenced. Doubtful you read it. Instead, you ignored it, using equivocation and logical fallacies to excuse your dismissing it without any thought. You may backtrack and say you read it, but it is quite obvious you have not. If you have, we have to doubt your critical thinking skills. You are showing yourself to be closed-minded and ignorant.

And I am sure another "Good" Article could show that Isaac Koi was a Jewish, Nazi Cross dresser!

Not all theories are the same. Those built on facts and evidence are superior to those based on fallacies, ignorance and illogic. If you have evidence to support IssacKoi being a Jewish Nazi cross-dresser, then present it. If you do not have facts and evidence, such an article could not be considered good or believable; the only that would accept it are the ignorant and those who lack any critical thinking. There is no comparison between IssacKoi's article and your hypothetical article as you have no evidence to support your claim. A theory supported by the facts and evidence is valid, no matter how absurd you may think it to be.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just your opinions, no hard evidence to back up your arguments against the ancient alien theory.

There is also no hard evidence to support the ancient alien theory.

Exactly. Everything attributed to "ancient aliens" can be explained just as well by fairies.

And everything attributed to fairies can be explained just as well by humans.

Question is: do we believe humans exist?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thank you for proving that people with no argument like to nit-pick everything,

You are proving this yourself. As you do not have facts and evidence to support your beliefs, you instead want to dismiss and ignore any evidence that disconfirms those beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This thread is demonstrating the complete emptiness of substance in the Ancient Alien hypothesis. The apologists are not supporting their beliefs with any facts, any evidence, or anything resembling a coherent, cogent argument. Instead, they are relying on displaying their ignorance, employing logical fallacies, promoting thoroughly debunked claims (outright ignoring they have been debunked and outright refusing to look at the evidence they have been), or inventing untruths.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

I think you mean proponents of the hypothesis. But I agree

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
weird duplicate post ......
edit on 4-6-2011 by Essan because: please delete

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
nice work op. I only have seen glimpses of this series. I knew from the start it would be loaded with b.s., propaganda, and disinfo....considering the source....it'd be like watching a music video on mtv, just an oxymoron at this point.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree that much of the evidence presented in ancient aliens is conjecture. The idea that the Nazca lines were an alien airport is silly, if only because everything I've ever seen about UFO's seems to show that they can land wherever they please and don't need runways. Why the mountain tops are so unnaturally flat (out of step with all the others in the area) begs some questioning though.

I have found a few images that IMO are rather good evidence of "visitations" in our past.

This image has been floated around the interwebs for years. I can't remember when or where this was to have taken place (if looked up, there is a news article from the same time that describes it quite well). The people viewing this "battle" were actually making bets on which side was going to win.

This one I haven't seen in many places but I've always found it odd, specifically because it appears to be shown from the front as opposed to the side like most Egyptian art.

Is it hard evidence? No, but it looks like a Grey to me. I just add up all the little things out there and come to the conclusion that we probably have been visited and perhaps influenced by outside forces. I love it when debunkers use the "Why would they travel the massive distances to come here?" My answer is "why did we cross the vast ocean when (according to popular thought at the time) they would fall off the end of the earth and die"

The "Fish" that you mention has been scaled up and turned into a remote controlled plane. Not only was it able to fly it flew better then even the AAH guys thought it would.

The meat of this vid starts around 5:45

This is built by a youtube user. There is another video out there that is from either the first or second season of ancient aliens (the video you have posted is the pilot for the series). Being a debunker is just as crazy as the "I believe it all" people. There is truth out there to be found but it can't be found in certainty.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, I for one believe in ancient aliens. I think they played a large role in our origins, and in many religions, ancient civilizations, and even technology we use today, and I think they also had a large part in the way our governments are ruled by these "bloodlines" that date back to kings and queens of Troy and ancient Mesopotamia, and I think there were many different alien races that visited Earth millions of years ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The one thing that has always stuck in my mind about this is the previously mentioned granite carving. There was a scene on one of the shows which shows a block of granite which had the center cut out in a perfect square, they said they would have had to use a diamond tool as that is the only thing that cuts through this kind of granite. So what I am wondering is has anyone come up with a scientific theory on how they could have done that? Too tough to do a search on that one, anyone have any sources? I'd be very curious to know.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks OP for putting together a well thought out post! I think they jump to far fetched conclusions also. Just like most scientist do when they say man alone could not have built the pyramids and ect...because they did not have the technology, we do not give them credit for being that smart, but in fact a lot of ancient ancestors were indeed very smart as we come to learn. Why does it have to be we got help by the ET's why can't it be we just did it alone and figured it out? Just like someday some one was going to eventually going to discover electricity.
The other thing I would like to bring up about the show is.... (Being a Christin mind you) They try to portray everything was ET's like Green or Grays we always herd about. Why can't it be God and his angles or Satan and his angles. A lot of religions say God or angles came from the sky, why can't it be( as a possibility) just simply be that? For the sake of argument yes God is Alien in a sense. But God is not the ET's we think of now or the ones in AAH. That show leaves no room for real religion at all! It is like they are trying to disclaim God at all points! I find it offensive! I do how ever like to watch the show just to see and here and try to learn from old cultures, maybe new things I have not herd of even. But hate the jumps and twist it puts on everyting

S&F OP

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

That guy is such a POTATO HEAD. Every time I see his ass on TV with his crazy hair and stupied made up accent I laugh and then immediately throw up, god what an ass clown...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chindogu

I think you raise an interesting point; have non-human intelligences or 'folk from elsewhere' visited Earth? Or even more simply, is there an intelligence we don't know about at work here?

There's enough evidence to justify some intelligent, informed people investigating the idea. Enough to interest alphabet agencies and militaries across the world since 1947. I could cite blah blah blah etc. Radars? Yeah whatever. Trained observers? Don't bore me. Official documentation? Yawnnnn...

The thing is that not one of the AAH merchants ever refer to any of the interesting evidence of UFOs. Their ideas of the AAH is based on an assumption that anything in our distant past was devised, created or inspired by ****** aliens.

They are generally ignorant of, or ignore, archaeology, anthropology, evolution or UFO studies.

It brings us back to the original point that the AAH guys are selling BS, hoaxing and making stuff up for money and whatever else.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I read the first page and decided to post, how can you say we have not been visited in Ancient Times? Ancient Alien Theory pertains to we have evidence of Alien Visitation, even if you were capable of debunking all the evidence, that still does not conclude that we have been visited.

Our Solar System is 4.5 billion years old and the Universe is 14 or 15 billion years old, so you really can step off your soap box and say you've debunked *aliens.......really.

I'm not sure if you've mentioned but there was thread in the Lost and Ancient Civilization section that talked about a plant in the Amazon that was so acidic that when you rubbed it on rock, the rock would turn to soft clay and you could mold it. Possibility.

But one thing is for certain you cannot debunk the Ancient Pyramids of Giza, not saying they are Alien made, but they are truly an anomaly. I guess the OP must think it's totally reasonable how the pyramids are constructed by the text book explanation, the time it took, how they align with the stars, and the theory of the Pyramids being and energy conductor. Each stone would have to be precisely placed and by your explanation of 1000's of slaves working round the clock having these instructions and following through seems a little too much to ask, and you're always suppose to say don't doubt the ancient achievements by humans!

I agree the History Channel's Ancient Alien series is kind of a joke, but entertaining, but to say you've debunked the theory by reviewing one of the episodes and critiquing it, just adds to the parade of others with something to say about a TV show.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just your opinions, no hard evidence to back up your arguments against the ancient alien theory.

There is also no hard evidence to support the ancient alien theory.

Exactly. Everything attributed to "ancient aliens" can be explained just as well by fairies.

And everything attributed to fairies can be explained just as well by humans.

Question is: do we believe humans exist?

I agree that all of this can be attributed to humans, but according to modern archaeologists we did no have the technology at the time to accomplish it. There appears to be evidence that during the Ice Age we had massive cities that at some point got flooded out. If it happened fast enough much of our culture and science would have been wiped out along with most of the populations.

Currently the majority of our population lives around the coasts. Coastal cities are where most of our science and culture are developed, and there is no reason to think that it wasn't that way in the past. So if some catastrophe (like a water filled ice basin burst it's walls flooding all the coastal cities) happened, we would be left with the outlying farming communities and we would have lost most of the knowledge and building techniques.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join