It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thank you very much blend57 and I completely agree with you.

Why do theories have to be pissing matches? There are things about the AA theory that are way out there, and there are things about the accepted theories that are most believed today that are way out there. Why does either have to be 100% correct? Why can it not be a mix of the two?

Now I'm not one to say I have studied a lot into the AA theory, but on thing that they brought up peaked my interest. I was a granite fabricator and I did things not only like counter tops, but columns, sculptures, pyramids and waves, so when look at a place like puma punku, and look at the precision at their stone work, something doesnt make sense with our current level of understanding.

Stone masons from on making a 90 degree inside corner, they dislike doing it in a counter top and it is always very noticeable and looks like garbage, and we have a plethora of tools to use. Now to inset a box or rectangle shape in a large chunk of granite is damn near impossible, with the tools we have now. These people did it long before then, and HAD to use diamond tools, nothing else does anything to granite, and made 90 degree intersecting corners.

This is almost impossible with the current level of technology nowadays.

Now, do I think it was aliens? I have no idea, but I know what they did is amazing and hard at today's standards, and a couple people with only sand at their disposal where not the ones that did this. There were diamond tools involved and precision works done, more precise than our CNC machines of today.

That's a mystery in and of itself.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am mostly fascinated (and convinced) by the translations of the Enki Tablets.

This is the story of Humans being created. It matches VERY closely with The Terra Papers (linked in my sig). Though the vector to Human creation differs between the Sumerian writings and The Terra Papers, the decription of Us being created is virtually identical...

edit on 6/4/2011 by Amaterasu because: ooops.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Except they don't exist. They were created by Sitchin. It was a way to essentially summarize his theory and to present it from the viewpoint of the Annunaki. It was intended to be a work of fiction.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

The claim that the Dogon knew of Sirius B is a myth propagated by ancient alien believers. Isaac Koi wrote a very good article showing that the Dogon were unaware of Sirius B's existence.

Dogon Alien "Mystery" Demystified

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think most people know to take what you see on the history channel with a grain of salt, also you say certain monuments are man made they don't argue that in the show simply suggest that certain ideas, motives, and possibly certain technologies may have been given or shown to the ancients.Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Who did the translation? Was it a mainstream historian or someone with a presupposition to AAH?

I've actually read the Terra Papers before but I see no reason to believe that it's true. For one thing it plays some pretty silly linguistic tricks, twisting names of alien races into words in English, latin, ancient Egyptian etc. For instance the SSS-T are said to be the source for Hitlers SS. We have a pretty firm grasp of how both linguistic and biological evolution work, no evidence for any of these alien empires mentioned in the Terra Papers exists.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

And I am sure another "Good" Article could show that Isaac Koi was a Jewish, Nazi Cross dresser!

To some Isaac's article is a simple misunderstanding of things, while to others it is incontrovertible proof!

Everyone is entitled to create an article of what they believe and why they believe it, but one man's interpretation should not degrade the works of many many people who have spent their life time on such things. If you believe that Ancient Aliens did it, good, there is circumstantial proof to verify that. If you don't I am sure you can find your proof against it just as easily.

Someone once said that if you go out looking for something, your bound to find it. But the fact remains:

WITHOUT PHYSICAL TANGIBLE EVIDENCE THERE IS NO 'PROOF'!!

And without proof, no matter how long your article is, no matter how many scientific words you throw here or there, no matter how many people BELIEVE it, it is still, an uninformed, intelligent theory.

Proving each other wrong will not solve anything, instead we should work hard to prove any and all theories, for even the craziest thing we can imagine today, will be as common place as a toothbrush tomorrow.

I see the Ancient Alien theory as a viable, realistic and logical theory of how our planet and civilization has developed both technologically, spiritually and biologically.

And there. I am closing myself from this thread, Do not attack, simply say if you agree or disagree because I will not waste all responding to the same circular reasoning.

Mac

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I read your post and saw the video, frankly I think you wasted some time here. Are you a member of the mainstream academic community, a theologian or a religious person?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist

Helicopter? Spaceship? Intriguing either way.

As far as the Pre Incan "flying machine", the odd thing about them is that their wings are in a spot that you cannot find in nature, not even in flying fish. It intrigues me for sure.

Not saying it's alien, but it certainly would change the world as we know it.

If you remember back to Plato's Atlantis mythologies, he said they were an advanced culture and society. While large sections of the globe remained primitive, the United States became very advanced within a 300 year period. When you look at places such as Iraq, Egypt, and Palestine, you have to ask yourself why they didn't create the computer. Since those societies have been around for more than two thousand years, why have they not advanced in science, math, architecture, etc..?

Where am I going?

Since the United States was able to become powerful, within a 300 year period, could another human based civilization evolve earlier in our human existence? Could those flying mechanisms be from an advance society, which ended up blowing itself up over 10,000 to 12,000 years ago?

Was Atlantis real? Were ancient ufo sightings caused by their technological revolution, and older societies just so happen to catch glimpses?

Other words, those ufos were created by an advanced human society, and their technology was lost due to mistakes, social division, and self destruction.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
These are just your opinions, no hard evidence to back up your arguments against the ancient alien theory.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

I'm neither part of the scientific community or religious though do my best to stay informed about a great many subjects. The main reason I attempted to debunk the video is that it was posted as evidence for an op here. I told the OP I could probably debunk the entire video and decided that when I got some spare time I'd make my own thread on the subject.

reply to post by 11I11

These aren't just MY opinions, these are the opinions of anyone looking at AAH with a critical skeptical eye. The fact of the matter is I don't need to present counter-evidence of any kind because I'm taking up the default position of disbelief, the mainstream position that these things they call evidence of aliens are man-made. They are the ones holding burden of proof, all I have to do is cast doubt on the veracity of their claims and show the flaws in their logic.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just your opinions, no hard evidence to back up your arguments against the ancient alien theory.

There is also no hard evidence to support the ancient alien theory.

All we have is speculation. Until something more tangible does show up, the questions we ask will continue to go unanswered.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11

Just as this is just YOUR opinion with no hard evidence to back it up. There are lots of theories flying around but no absolute proof.

Many scientific "facts" after time end up on the floor to be swept away.

The whole carbon dating "science" has recently been shown to be inaccurate.

In the grand scheme of things, what it comes down to is unless you were there, no one knows for sure what happened, where it happened, or how it happened.

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Oh religion is very much comparable. Both people believing ridiculous things without any proof. Both require faith.

And if you fail to see this then you are probably a religious ancient alien believing sheeple.
edit on 6/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Like another posted stated, you can't really debunk Ancient Alien theories, it will persist until these mysteries are solved beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Personally I take the Ancient Aliens shows with a grain of salt but having an open mind I definitly like to see their take on ancient mysteries.

However I strongly considder that ancients have seen extra-terrestials, I think there is plenty of evidence for that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

lol......... so you can logically say that there is proof aliens came to earth centuries ago? I'm pretty sure there isn't. Anyone with a mind of their own wouldn't believe such garbage. You have to have one gigantic basket of faith to even somewhat believe in this.

The world needs more logic filled, critical thinking minds. To perpetuate myths in this modern age is just sad. Ancient aliens is nothing more but a myth. You might as well believe in Thor and Zeus.
edit on 6/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ancient aliens debunked? Is this not the title of your thread? Im just saying I hoped I would see some kind of logical explaination to debunk the ancient alien theory, not just an opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
First of all I will not be reeled in to a losing battle (not about facts, just sheer number of posts) This is what I will say and I will be done.

If you have the facts on your side, it does not matter how many posts there are in opposition. However, i looks like you decided to stay after all; I am glad.

Nor Can you disprove anything based on your interpretation of data.

Completely untrue. There simply is no data on the part of the ancient astronaut apologists, at least no data they have not subjected to gross misinterpretation, or invented whole-cloth, or absolute ignorance.

You don't believe what I believe? HERETIC! BLASPHEMER! EVIL! WRONG!

What thread are you reading? That isn't happening here. However, I understand your desire and need to portray it as such. Instead of wanting to discuss facts and evidence, you want to discuss anything else, in order to insulate your beliefs.

The burden of proof is on all of us to come to a definitive conclusion, not stomp on any theory that battles against what we think we know is true.

That is quite a contradictory statement. If you have evidence to support a conclusion, it is your duty to battle untruths.

The star is Sirius B, which is so far from Earth it is invisible to the naked eye. Yet these cultures had detailed knowledge of it.

As someone mentioned earlier, IssacKoi thoroughly debunked this.

if you were a General, would you take your 5 men into a battle against 5000 enemy soldiers? (not that your my enemy, but its an analogy)

Yes, if I had the equipment and training (facts and evidence) and the enemy soldiers had neither or simply tried to want to dismiss my ability to use the weapons (not having facts or evidence and the use of logical fallacies). One missile can kill millions.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

The logical explanation is that these things are man-made not alien made. I did offer logical explanations for quite a few of the artifacts, paintings, etc. Such as the so-called airplane idol which looks a lot like a fish including the up-right tail, eyes and what looks like gills. In the end though it's more about finding the flaws in THEIR logic than producing my own arguments to explain these ancient mysteries. After all many of these things are still mysteries to this day, the point is that filling in that mystery with aliens requires a logical fallacy.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Thank you for proving that people with no argument like to nit-pick everything, I know this for a fact being as I was once a highly devoted Christian and no matter what anyone would tell me I would take a few things and try to turn the argument over on itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join