It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California passing lots of anti-second amendment bills!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
California is committing suicide (economically).... Every time they pass more laws, regulations, restrictions, prohibit this or that, and raise fees for this or that, raise taxes etc they drive business out of the state and more Californians lose jobs.... So what do they do, they find ways to make more laws and raise more revenue and make it worse.

It is a cycle that is going to end very badly for that state.

I was in the LA area last week and there is talk of 55,000+ jobs leaving Vernon.... Relocating to Texas, along with thousands of other businesses that have already left the state.

California is no longer a good place to do business, some companies are not just leaving the sate, they are leaving the country, and with them, goes millions of jobs over time.

These stupid governments (California and federal) are going to legislate their state and eventually the country into economic collapse and it seems nothing will stop it now.

They keep thinking the economy is is going to get better on its own, but fail to realize that it is their actions that are making it worse. Their spending budgets will only shrink, and revenues decline as more and more businesses fail, leave the state or country.

GOVERNMENT is the problem.... Get them the hell out of the way, or you are all doomed!
edit on 5-6-2011 by Fractured.Facade because:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Kudos .,Couldn't have said it better myself.'nuff said:

second...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by 46ACE

Yep, little sleep, early start will do that.

Thanks

Just the response I was expecting...
just tryin' to"help"

edit on 5-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The astounding fact is that these 'representatives' do this out in the open. The people are not that stupid, and hopefully the residents of California will soon dump these traitors!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
To overthrow a corrupt goverment you are going to need Rifles, not pistols and then machineguns, possibly AT weapons. If you are worried, stock up on all that is effective and illegal and lock it away. Dont go to the shooting range goofing around with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why are you surprised? California has been putting Republicans in office since before Schwartzy. Most of the Cali Counties are GOP now. You really think the GOP is going to keep any kind of Constitutional promise after ALL of them voted for the extension of the Pat Act?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Perhap the aim is to ultimately get to a kafka-esque scenatio in which there is so much red tape and gov't intervention, even they don't know what they are doing and make it impossible to own a gun. I can see it now, a futuristic Catch 22 where if you legally obtain a weapon, you are automatically arrested for having a weapon...

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Best thing one could do for California if you are a conservative and a gun owner is leave like the businesses are.

Let the lefties do whatever they want California is proof that left leaning; high tax, high entitlement, lax law enforcement and education standards of the progressive democrats are a failing proposition. It is a lost cause and will be in default or bankrupt within 3 years - vote with your feet.

Come to Missouri, we could use some more conservative reinforcements. The castle doctrine and no retreat laws are in effect - gun laws are liberal and a CCW is pretty easy to get as long as you have no criminal record.

The cost of living is cheap and the land is fertile. One can buy a 3BR House in a small town for 35k that is on a 1/2 acre lot. Nice place to live IMO. As for working I would recommend being an entrepreneur.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
To overthrow a corrupt goverment you are going to need Rifles, not pistols and then machineguns, possibly AT weapons. If you are worried, stock up on all that is effective and illegal and lock it away. Dont go to the shooting range goofing around with it.

Tactics and strategies can be debated all daylong in a more appropriate (i.e."less public") venue(:"local pub")...

if I have a pistol and a few cartridges ( or a "butter knife") I can get a rifle. Then I hand you the pistol (or "butter knife") and you go get your rifle..

This is he outstanding TRUE story of the Bielski brothers hiding and saving displaced European jews from the Nazi's during WWII
worth the watch.
"Defiance"

My worry would be to actually come out on top and then have to argue over the constitution with others like the more "liberal minded" folks here...( Some of their passionate ideas are pretty far from what I consider as "constitutional"):

"Govts should not be changed lightly" We could end up in a far worse "pickle"...I don't want to"start over" just figuratively hold govt's feet to the fire,And get the bankers out of the process!

edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
Best thing one could do for California if you are a conservative and a gun owner is leave like the businesses are.

I go to southern Cal a lot, and I can tell you, there has been a massive exodus of businesses out of there over the last 18 months (more or less)... You go into the industrial areas and it is rather depressing, miles of empty warehouses and businesses... You can only imagine the thousands of jobs that were lost there, and it is only going to get worse.

When California is a welfare state and 30% or more of the population are unemployed and everyone else is either GONE or leaving (except the Mexican immigrants) no amount of new taxes, laws and legislation will save the sate, and California's government (said to be too big to fail) will do exactly that.

The liberals running the state, county, and local governments will all fail.

Then what?

Beg for more federal handouts?

When will they realize what they have done?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join