It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are now in a Defacto state of war with China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It is my opinion that the US and China are now officially at war. The US has declared that any computer attacks are seen as a threat and will be met with force:

www.popsci.com...

This coupled with the recent breaches into Lockheed Martin:

www.dailytech.com...

Also china has admitted the special digital ops "Blue Team" unit designed for cyberwarfare:

www.penn-olson.com...

China has dropped most of its US treasury bill holdings:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is all leading me to the conclusion that the USA and China are now defacto in a state of war and using economic and technological means this war may become hot.

Opinions? Theories? Predictions are welcomed

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

well my best friend that was in the military almost his whole life until he got injured said this would happen right about now, he talked about it 8 years ago, and since then, supposedly they said all the commanding officers believed we would go to war with china and they would evade starting in 2011

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am wondering if ,when they say 'met with force' ,They mean real actual blowing stuff up force or cyber force.like spamming or sending adds .

edit on 4-6-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2011 by 12voltz because: of me

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

As one military official told the WSJ: “If you shut down our power grid, maybe we will put a missile down one of your smokestacks.”

Yes force. The attacks will be responded with by missiles. If it is the "anon" group or china. It will be met with bombs. There may be a false digital flag attack on the way and someone will get blamed for it. I can feel it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The next false flag attack will probably be a "cyber" attack, I saw a documentary on CNBC about this. It talked about how viruses are now so advanced they can interfere with transportation systems, causing accidents, electrical grids, or even interfere with nuclear programs (Stuxnet was developed by either the US or Israel and was able to interfere with Iran's nuclear program). A well orchestrated cyber "attack" could theoretically result in the deaths of a large number of people. Given that China has a well organized group of hackers, it would be easy to blame them to bring in the new World War.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

It is not going to work, you think usa is going to fire a missle into a kids bedroom in china for hacking their system. they wont because they will get one back.....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

It is not going to work, you think usa is going to fire a missle into a kids bedroom in china for hacking their system. they wont because they will get one back.....

No, because they will attack the country, not a "kid's bedroom", they will use it to attack China.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well its actually much more complicated than that. DDOS attacks that take place will be likely a million zombie machines spread out all over the world. The Blue team unit will be controlling them, but there is no way to prove that the zombie machines are controlled by china.

If for instance the zombie machine was in the USA. The government would have to get a warrant to go to the ISP to fork up the name of said zombie machine. Also what if they were behind multiple proxies. There would be millions of IP addresses that the US military would have to inspect, an extremely hard task.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Open War with China seems likely.

All that is missing are the formalities.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The US has declared that any computer attacks are seen as a threat and will be met with force:

IF, they say, IF, there's massive disruption, like power grids going down. Trying and NOT SUCCEEDING at that to steal a little info is nothing like that.

No they have not. They have dropped their short term bills, which is NOTHING. They still hold 1+ trillion of US bills.

As for China having a cyber force, well breaking news, they have had it for years.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Once the TV starts calling the Chinese cyber force the 'Chinese cyber TERROR force' - then we'll know it is on.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

No they have not. They have dropped their short term bills, which is NOTHING. They still hold 1+ trillion of US bills.

Man I KNEW that someone was going to believe the BS that the starter of that thread was posting. *shakes head*

If the US and China were at war, I'm sure the US wouldn't be giving China money and China wouldn't be giving the US goods.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I don't get it, you pieced together a couple of threats, and cited the title of a thread on ATS and that makes it a defacto state of war??

Gosh, the things countries war over these days.

I feel you're reaching a little bit too hard for this one family. Maybe they're going through some rough times, but war? Naa

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ugh this thread hurt my head.... DDOS attack taking down a power grid REALLY?

next, short term bills... not a big deal

third and finally... yeah im sure there'd be a "travel advisory" telling american companies to gtfo of china
edit on 4-6-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Maybe a war of words. Hot air and speeches a war doesn't make. What they are calling cyber-war use to be called spying. I have never know of a war to be conducted over that. Few shouts, a few heads roll. But war?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
OP, ever heard of the Vietnam War or Korea?

My point being we have been in a defacto state of war with China for many years. However, the recent develpoments you point out do make it seem to be escalating. If anything, I would be MOST concerned right now with the Pakistan/China relationship....

I seriously doubt we'll ever be at all-out "war" with China though, our economies are too tied together.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If a DDOS attack took out any power grid I would blame the company that owned the power grid. With the billions that power company’s make it does not make sense that their infrastructure is hooked up to an internet connection that can be attacked. That there is gross negligence and deep down I don’t think that could really happen. Its all a game that’s leading up to a cities power going off line (probably in America) so that TPTB can bring in stringent internet laws.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I would be MOST concerned right now with the Pakistan/China relationship....

I seriously doubt we'll ever be at all-out "war" with China though, our economies are too tied together.

Yes, Ive been hollering about the China/Pakistan issue for months.. I must not be hollering loud enough
I saw plenty of silly threads with tons of flags, but not much real discussion on the US downed copter issue or the new ties that bind them. I brought it up in a thread.. the 520 some odd kilometer border that China and Pakistan share and the troop build up on this border.. and not many knew they shared one.. and a few said they did NOT share a border! Damned public school...

Im also not disregarding a "war" of some sort or a conventional one DUE to our financial ties that bind us to them. We can not be the nation that simply walks away from our debts.... which we very well may try to do. What? Is the collateral ....California?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So are we now entering the "twilight" or "phoney" war stage?

Worrisome... very worrisome potential to slip down the slope..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was just talking to someone from Asia the other day, excuse my ignorance for not knowing the exact country of his origin. I apologize.

He was talking about Chinese marine forces that were violating international law by going within 200 miles of...I think it was south korea's borders. I cut through the bs, and called it like I see it, stating, "this is a proxy war between the US and China. It's just the beginning and will escalate in the coming months/years. It's just not official, but each side knows this is a fight for the top. We have military bases, and there's resources/geopolitical strategic locations in the grabs, and neither side is likely to back down at this point."

He said, "this is exactly correct", and he was very concerned over this all....

edit on 4-6-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join