It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates : After Iraq and Afghanistan, here comes Iran, NKorea and China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yeah Gates, time you retire you stinking warmongering Iran contra trash.

Gates: Even After Iraq, Afghanistan Military Will Find Plenty to Do

Sees Upcoming Fights in Iran, North Korea, and China

Gates also said that even though he “hopes” the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will eventually wind down, the US military “has never been at a loss in being told to find things to do,” seeing a number of potential conflicts on the horizon.

To that end Gates tapped three nations is likely targets for the ominous “things to do” list. Two were predictably Iran and North Korea, two nations he has often discussed attacking in public comments. The other was China.

Go after NKorea and China will enter the fight.

Next defense secretary : Leon Panetta. The guy went from congressman, to CIA director to defense secretary.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

China??
This guy is certifiable...
That would be a death sentence for untold US soldiers..
I also believe if the US attacked/provoked China then Russia would have a good think about their future and need to pick a side..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think Russia would then ask Europe to ally with them since they could really need our industrial might as per GDP.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I also believe if the US attacked/provoked China then Russia would have a good think about their future and need to pick a side..

Not to mention Russia is threatening to build up their nuke stockpile....because of the US.

www.cnn.com...

Moscow (CNN) -- Russia will need to speed up the development of its nuclear strike capabilities if the United States does not convince Moscow its missile defense system isn't aimed at Russia, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday.

I would of thought Syria would of been somewhere in the list. Syria looks to be following the same way NATO did for Libya lately.

I could see them somewhat easily selling the public with war in Iran and NKorea, but I have no idea how they would be able to sell us on China.

top topics

join