It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Kettle - Unsolved Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd931b2882dd.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a mysterious waterfall in Judge Magney State Park in Minnesota. Half of the water drops 50 feet into the Brule river; the other half falls into a cauldron and disappears! Dyes and ping pong balls have been dropped into the pothole in an attempt to trace its route and find its outlet—presumably the water winds its way underground to Lake Superior, a mile away—but the other end of the Devil's Kettle has yet to be found.

I wonder where it goes? Someone should explore.

Atlas Obscura - Devil's Kettle

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Source added.
edit on 4/6/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Huh. I didn't realize this was a real place lol. It was featured in a movie called, "Jennifer's Body", starring Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried. S&F.

IMDB Jennifer's Body

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

what happened in the movie relating to this place?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

We have something similar here in australia.
the devils pool, the whole river goes underground for a few hundred meters below a rock fall many have died in this majestic setting.
www.cairnsattractions.com.au...

The fast flowing water of the Devil's Pool has taken 15 lives since 1959. These victims have mostly been young men behaving carelessly who ventured too close to the deceptive currents and rocks. This tragedy must be avoided so please be careful.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Why don't they do something useful with an RFID chip and put it in a tennis ball and track it??

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well I guess I'll have to spoil part of the movie to explain so if you don't wanna ruin it, stop reading, lol.

So the character played by Megan Fox ends up hanging around this band b/c she thinks they are cool. Well they end up drugging her and kidnapping her. They think she is a virgin but she is not. They then sacrifice her by stabbing her and then throw her into The Devil's Kettle. They do this as a sacrifice to satan to make themselves a famous rock band. She comes out through wherever the water supposedly comes up. She doesn't die but since she was not a virgin she is inhabited by a demon. Then hijinks ensue..

ETA: both girls play high school students at Devil's Kettle High as well. I have no idea if that is even a real school. Oh well...
edit on 4-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
im the movie it let out just outside of a nut house

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting looking place. Always surpised when I come onto ATS by the amazing places and mysteries that are all around the world.

Be interesting to find out where all that water goes. Superior does seem like the logical answer but it would be nice to know for sure.. not that it would make a whole lot of difference

top topics

join