It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Disappearing Object Seen During Hailstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I bring this to ATS because I honestly want to see what other people think about this...thing. Call me blind or stupid but I can't bring myself to believing it's merely a bug. That was what I originally thought it was until I decided to slow the video down. The hailstorm was interesting enough to watch until I noticed this fast moving thing. I'm surprised I even noticed it. I took the video with an iphone 4G on May 26th, 2011 at around 8:05pm. I live in Virginia. I started recording near the beginning of the storm. I didn't see the object in question while filming. I'd really like to see what people on here think it is. It could very well be some kind of bug but then again...what if it's not? Let's also be honest. The thing is flying incredibly fast, disappears and almost looks like it spirals while it's vanishing. I'm including links to the original video that I took with the iphone and a slowed and cropped video of the same video. If anyone would like to help me out with embedding these on here, I'd be very grateful.

unedited
www.vimeo.com...

edited
www.vimeo.com...

edit on 3-6-2011 by ShnogTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
when I play the unedited it looks to me like a flying insect close to the camera

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShnogTrip

how did anyone even notice that, i had a hard time pinpointing it.

from watching the realtime video it looks like a flying insect quickly flew past the camera. the slow motion just shows you the blur.

i am not 100% though, but then how can i be, but that is what i see.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow, S & F !

looks like a coked out dragonfly or sparrow, but the movements are just way too fast ...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow can anyone put this in slow motion...do you have hummingbirds there?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Wow can anyone put this in slow motion...do you have hummingbirds there?

The second link I put up is the slowed down version. I slowed it down a lot. We have hummingbirds but I would've noticed a hummingbird flying in front of me. Also, this thing is just moving too fast for me to believe it's a bird. A bug seems more likely to me. I still just don't know though. It vanishes!
edit on 3-6-2011 by ShnogTrip because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry but it's a bug.
The way bugs fly is in a zig zag motion this causes it to look
as if it is moving fast but it moves at the same speed. Our
eyes cannot keep up with the zig zag motion of bugs so
it seems to disappear. Not A Ufo.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yep - it was a big bug!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Wow the slow version shows something materialize and then disappear it looks like Moth man. Weird to me nothing like a bug a glow at the top, and it doesn't leave it dissolves,

Take each frame and make a still enlarged, could be some weird light trick on the lense but it looks like something is further away.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Wow the slow version shows something materialize and then disappear it looks like Moth man. Weird to me nothing like a bug a glow at the top, and it doesn't leave it dissolves,

Take each frame and make a still enlarged, could be some weird light trick on the lense but it looks like something is further away.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

I agree. It doesn't go anywhere. It just vanishes. Common sense is telling me it's not an insect.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I actually saw it with the real time version, I thought it was a smudge or something, then I watched the slowed down and it seems to come into focus briefly then disappear.

could be a bug, could be a bird, could be some yet unknown entity (much like the HELL WORMS!!!!!!!!)

definitely good eye and thanks for uploading!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
cool video,
I think you caught something paranormal ....
yes a ghost

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like a large moth to me... look's like it flew toward the camera, or descended to it then flew away swiftly.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Looked like a small dragonfly to me, but definitely an insect in my opinion.

top topics

join