It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm falling asleep. Floating, floating, floating. Backstroke, backstroke, backstroke, Floating, backstroking and BAM! I bump into something!

I turn to see what I have hit and I see a figure. It is glowing red in color, gelatinous in texture and disconnected in form. It appears as a group of seperate lines and curves that do not meet or intersect. A code, a written language?

"Hello" I say, "Who are you?"

"Its just me" it answers.

"Oh. You are so different than me." I remark.

"Yes, but I am not unique, our numbers can't be counted. You are not unique either, you kind populate the stars and can't be counted either." It tells me. "Beings like yourself are common, 4 limbs, eyes, digestive system. Your kind are everywhere."

"How do you know me?" I ask.

"I live with you. Where you go, we go."

"How is it that we can communicate with each other?"

It answers "Love, love binds us all. All that is manifest understands the language of love."

The next morning, I'm pondering this conversation and deduce that I had a conversation with a virus.

In biology we are taught that the deffinition, or bounderies of life are the following; consumption, excrement, reproduction and death. A virus doesn't consume, has no excrement or secretion, doesn't die. I am told that a virus does reproduce, but I'm not sure that they don't just phone their friends and tell to "c'mon down."

Viruses are very intellegent and adaptable and scientist keep trying to outsmart them There seems to be a consciencness there. Is that life? Science says no.

Does it matter the size? Could a body the size of the, say, the sun be conscience but not alive?

What is life?

edit on 3-6-2011 by windword because: spelling and grammer

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What is life?
Vibration (the "Word," "Aum," etc.) coming into existence. Everything vibrates, even planets and stars.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

To me, all life is Energy.

What is Energy? en.wikipedia.org...

When I read about Energy and the forms thereof my breath was taken away and in awe. SO many forms of life to be a matter of fact. If one has not read this....please do...I found it exciting! ;-)

Life (human life) is a blessing to some who can find the light on the darkest of days.

I have not the answers, only an opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm so tempted to post that Haddaway song right now....

Good question though. Something we all ponder at one point or another and yet no one knows the true answer.

top topics

join