It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lists and pictures..enough!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It seems lately all people want to do is make threads of lists of this or that and just copy and paste the external tags, pics and information from the link without giving any extra information about the list and the items in it. ANYONE can do that! You are basically just copying an entire post from another site and putting it here and getting all the praise for someone elses work.

Is it THAT hard to do a little research on each item and post a little more info or your own opinion?

I did one on living rocks a while back and it took me 5hrs because I did my own research on EACH 15 living rocks. I didn't just post what the site I got the list from said, that would be too easy.

The same goes for threads that are nothing but pictures. Can't you ADD to the damn pics too or is that too hard.

It seems to me people do these as an easy way to get attention, flags and stars. I really can't stand threads like that and I ignore them but it is annoying when I see a thread with a cool title and it's nothing but someones list they copied from another site or just a bunch of pictures with nothing else.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah i agree, the walls of photos with no info just a see link for info tag is a bit nutty..
i would love to debate things with the op but its hard when they dont take a stance, just say oh look at the pretty pictures.
but on another note is a picture of a list ok ?
(sorry had to throw that in )
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c837fc92c3c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ditto that & good rant Mblah......but you forgot something.

Here...I'll add it for ya...hehe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c38d57db18a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
lulz

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well I for one like these list type posts,
it saves you having to go out and find all the info yourself!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You mean like this one? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You mean like this one? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I guess that's a hint! But I won't stop presenting what I think is interesting.

Putting out information is what the web is about, almost every bit of information on this site is from an external source.
Some topics I have strong opinions for and talk at length defending them.
Others are just 'cool' and me personally like to see and read new things.

What aggravates me more then what the op describes is just a simple link to a source with really no thought to the thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Your list is missing something...a nice pair of invasion shoes

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion
Well I for one like these list type posts,
it saves you having to go out and find all the info yourself!

Not it's laziness. Someone else made the list and all they do is copy and paste it here!

You like lists? Check out oddee

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

OMG my friend loves that song and every time I hear it I think of her!

HAHA. Awesome!

Now it's stuck in my head

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Well you did the same thing!!

You linked to a site then copy and pasted the pics and their information. What is the difference? There isn't one, the only difference is you did slightly more work copying and pasting than the OP's that just post a link.

Nobody said you can't post what you like or find interesting but basically copying and pasting an entire thread from another site isn't making a good thread imo.

I guess I see it differently. There was one member a while back who did nothing but lists and it was annoying as hell and they got flagged to death...Oh look pretty pictures.

If you are going to present something interesting why not go a little further, just a little, and post some other info besides the info from the original source?

I could sit here all DAY and copy and paste lists and post to various forums. I read the list sites for ideas mostly and well I found a really good one I am making a thread on.

Also this is the rant forum, I am allowed to rant for those who will undoubtedly complain.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I was on yours, then saw this, figured thats what it was.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Why don't you participate in the thread?

You will see as it progresses more info is added, as requested or debated.
Plus look at my threads other then this latest one these lists tend not to get stared and flagged to death.
Not that I have many, maybe 3 or 4 out of @180 threads started.

It is all a matter of perspective I guess.

What really irritates me is when something is falsely titled as true or proof and then the thread is deceivingly written so that most sub-literate people don't see the wool pulled over there eyes.
Star and Flag fest occurs and disinformation is added to the collective.

I never complain unless the truth is distorted, manipulated or abused!
edit on 6/3/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Why don't you participate in the thread?

Not my job to do the thread also I don't participate in threads that I don't find of interest and i really don't participate in threads that are copy and paste jobs like list and picture threads. I might say something in a few picture threads but that is very rare, same with list ones. Please don't take that the wrong way. If I have nothing to add to a thread I won't post.

The one, I think it was you, on creepy or disgusting things gave me the heeby geebies!

You will see as it progresses more info is added, as requested or debated.
Plus look at my threads other then this latest one these lists tend not to get stared and flagged to death.
Not that I have many, maybe 3 or 4 out of @180 threads started.

I am not directing my rant directly at you so relax
. I follow your threads, you are on my friends list so I can see your threads. I just don't like list or picture threads. If you ever were in chat you would see how I complain about them lol IDK it's just my own personal thing I guess you could say and well I use the rant forum to get it out
Its one of those things you could say.

It is all a matter of perspective I guess.

Exactly

What really irritates me is when something is falsely titled as true or proof and then the thread is deceivingly written so that most sub-literate people don't see the wool pulled over there eyes.
Star and Flag fest occurs and disinformation is added to the collective.

Oh those drive me insane too!! I won't name the ones that are driving me nuts right now *cough Mars base*
Unless you have absolute proof then it's only an opinion not proof.

People just like to get attention so they use those terms to do so. I also don't care for the alert threads. I mean really? What qualifies anyone on here to alert an entire group of people of any impending doom lol

I never complain unless the truth is distorted, manipulated or abused!
edit on 6/3/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

Eh I like to complain when something bothers me and well I use this forum for it instead of calling the OP a troll or liar and so on lol It's healthy to rant and get it all out. I honestly felt much better after I ranted today lol Actually the thread that made me do this rant was one with nothing but pictures
I didn't see yours until Lysergic linked to it...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I lold.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey I post loads of pics
Hush you!

Yeah if there's just a thread with a picture or a paragraph of copied text...annoying. I'm looking for your opinion for the issue you've brought to light

top topics

join