It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premonitions are very real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I always thought that Premonitions were real, but now I know it. Lately I have been having Premonitions about all kinds of things. I don't think this is any new or special ability, I think everyone has them. I just happened to notice them.

Premonitions seems heavy and weighted compared to thoughts or ideas.

For instance, I was getting onto the elevator at my apartment to go to the office and I saw myself talking to a friend in the building and he was telling me someone died in the building. These things just flash in your head like an idea or thought but like I said, they seem weighted or heavy.

I went into the office and when I came out the friend I saw from the Premonition was standing there and he said,"Guess what, Howard died last night."

This happens all the time now and I was watching a psychic the other day who said something similar. She said the way she knows a murderer from someone who hasn't killed anyone is that the murderer has a heavy energy vs someone who hasn't killed anyone.

Like I said, it's something new so I can't control when it happens or what it's about. Maybe it's weighted because the Premonition is entangled with a future that's about to happen vs a thought which is a probability.

I think things like Premonitions, ESP, Telepathy and Psi in general could be an extenstion of non locality. The problem is the scientific community treats quantum mechanics and classical physics as two different theories that will only be in harmony when they find a theory that makes the classical world a real and separate world from quantum mechanics. They want a hidden variable but every experiment so far says there isn't one.

They say quantum mechanics couldn't describe the physical world and must be incomplete because it's too weird. The truth is the truth wether it agrees with a particular belief system or not. We need to start asking questions like how would non locality be expressed on a classical level? Would it be similar to what we call Psi? How would entanglement be expressed on a classical level? Would we see it in twin telepathy?

These questions would be labled silly because to a materialist or atheist there could never be a non local connection between humans because they fear it will lead to talk of life after death.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree with you. I've had a few premonitions in my life and I have no control over them. It hasn't happened to me in close to half a year.

The one that was the most significant for me occurred last October. I was having an off morning and was thinking about some unpleasant things... I was thinking about how a group of women in Newfoundland were misdiagnosed in breast cancer exams, and some died most likely because of this. I was driving in my car and was just pulling into a parking space at the university library. I stopped the car and decided to turn on the radio for a second just before I went in. The radio was set to CBC and the first thing that came on (perfectly timed for at the pause before the beginning of a paragraph of speech) was someone talking about screw ups in the medical industry. In fact, the first example that they used was the very case I had thought about 1 minute before I stopped the car and turned on the radio. I was flabbergasted! It was amazing. I wish I could tune into this ability at will.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think it is important to recognize the "associated energies" that are coupled with such things as visions and premonitions. It is through the recognition of the experience that can allows you to train yourself over time.

It is possible to trigger an "episode" by eliciting the energy from within; be it interaction of the person, place, or thing.

Sometimes, when the energies are "forced" the recipient can hurt themselves, it is hard to explain but it is like getting your own "force" drained from you. If it gets out of hand just shut it off by creating a distraction so as not to "see"; simply turn away and identify something else in your mind's eye.

Otherwise, be careful what you wish for, be specific and open at the same time! Could you imagine if you had to see the worst in everything around you? That would be too much to handle!

Good luck, please report as you experience these things; and try some remote viewing with objects, it might actually help!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have had plenty of premonitions in my life. And they always come about before I have a life changing decision to make. I've come to rely on them greatly to know when something big is comming in my life. They are always a couple days to a few weeks prior to the event. And I get a tingling feeling inside when they happen. They are real to me and have helped me through a lot of tough spots.

Even had one when I almost got into a car accident, 3 days before the event. If I hadn't been aware that it was gonna happen, I would've died or been seriously injured in it.

I don't need science to prove to me they are real. I have my own personal life experiences to justify them for me.
I guess thats the only way anyone would believe in them. By personal experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The idea of premonitions is such a subjective one that it would be easy to chalk everything up as mere coincidence.

I believe that as people become more in tune with themselves and their surroundings, they start questioning whether their premonitions are real or coincidental. This is probably why, from personal experience and other people I know, people first get premonitions in dreams. This also causes people to think of it as coincidence.

It progresses from there to having premonitions pop in your head randomly, and slowly becomes more "ordered."

Either way, premonitions are real, just not everyone is attuned to them.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
May have mentioned this somewhere. About a year ago I had this premonition which I just call the voice tell me my engine on the motorcycle was going to quit. Had I just gone across the road in traffic, I would have died. The voice was right on, it did quite when I moved the bike a little forward. This is very common with me and I listen for the most part.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There have been so many studies done on this and still nobody has come up with any scientific proof of the feasability of premonitions. Perhaps we don't know enough yet and more study is required but as of right now I would have to say it's coincidence.

No one as far as I know has been able to control premonitions in a controlled experiment consistently leading my to believe that if they are real they will be nothing more than just a glimpse of something. After all the time humans have been on this earth you'd think there would have been one person who learned how to control this and actually use it to it's full potential but there is no record of anyone ever attaining more than obscure visions.

I would love to see someone who could predict all the major earthquakes on earth in a giving year accurately and not miss any. When someone like that comes along i'll believe in premonitions as being more than just a fairy tale.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Great thread! Premonitions are most definitely real!

LOL I have to share this one. Just the other day I was telling one of my family members about a prem I had had at a friend's home. We visited and chatted about this, I was on here at ATS also, and we had the tv going. We had a little pause in our conversation, it was quiet, when all of a sudden I just starting singing, "Du Du Du , looking out my backdoor". She called my name then said, "I was JUST thinking that but you said before I did" This is just really nuts - actually hilarious to me, especially because I can hardly even stand that song. Not my style.

LMBO
You'd had to have been there.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I think it is important to recognize the "associated energies" that are coupled with such things as visions and premonitions. It is through the recognition of the experience that can allows you to train yourself over time.

It is possible to trigger an "episode" by eliciting the energy from within; be it interaction of the person, place, or thing.

Sometimes, when the energies are "forced" the recipient can hurt themselves, it is hard to explain but it is like getting your own "force" drained from you. If it gets out of hand just shut it off by creating a distraction so as not to "see"; simply turn away and identify something else in your mind's eye.

Otherwise, be careful what you wish for, be specific and open at the same time! Could you imagine if you had to see the worst in everything around you? That would be too much to handle!

Good luck, please report as you experience these things; and try some remote viewing with objects, it might actually help!

Mannnn...I am really clicking with you green. Yesss on your description of heavy weightiness: It doesn't feel good when a bad thing is coming.... I had an awful experience the 9/11 eve. It was unbearable and almost made me throw up. Definitely drains.

Agreed... too much to handle!

Remote viewing is another interest I 've tried a few times. Fun stuff!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

Originally posted by Nightmoon
The idea of premonitions is such a subjective one that it would be easy to chalk everything up as mere coincidence.

I believe that as people become more in tune with themselves and their surroundings, they start questioning whether their premonitions are real or coincidental.

Well said guys, I can relate to what you were saying here.

Also, in regards to what you've said here blend57:

Originally posted by blend57

I have had plenty of premonitions in my life. And they always come about before I have a life changing decision to make. I've come to rely on them greatly to know when something big is comming in my life.

(...I'd also like to note the synchronous nature of the timing of this post and what I'm about to say.)

Two days before this thread, one of my coworkers told me that they felt that a certain individual (who had not been around for months) would come into our work that day. Sure enough, that very person came in. It was pretty nuts! We talked about how she had accurately predicted it and such. The next day (yesterday), my coworker had an 'episode' that seemed somewhat similar to an anxiety attack (not saying that it was, it just seemed similar [tremors, acting out of character, had to sit in the back room away from people]) and we ended up taking her to the hospital. I haven't asked her yet what she thought it may have been, or the diagnosis given (because I did not want to make her feel bad or awkward) but it did seem oddly in sequence after her premonition.
edit on 3-6-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Addition

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A week ago I woke up suddenly at 5am and I'd left the TV on. I thought I'd just watched the Amanda Knox appeal on the news and I saw her being led away, she was in a state of collapse and was being supported. She was surrounded by men in light blue berets and I thought she must have lost her appeal, and I fell back asleep. I posted this on a UK site because it turned out the appeal was still going on but I was convinced I had watched it.

Last night I saw the EXACT SAME SCENE I'd seen a week ago, of her breaking down in tears and being led away. It wasn't my imagination, it was exactly the same as I'd seen a week ago. The same police, everything. Luckily she was crying because she'd been found innocent, but I didn't imagine it, I saw it.

new topics

top topics

join