It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Idol of Tiahuanaco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

In an ancient building in the ancient city of Tiahuanaco, Peru is a stone idol weighing approximately 20 tons which is carved from a single block of red sandstone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d407313c5c1.jpg[/atsimg]

This fact alone is enough to make one wonder about the means that the pre-Inca Indians used to create such a masterpiece; however, there is an even more intriguing mystery which surrounds this carving. The temple in which the idol was formally housed was constructed with the primitive techniques and tools available to its builders. It looks as though it belongs in this ancient city.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46e25138be09.jpg[/atsimg]

The Idol, however is carved as precisely and delicately as today's fine crystal. It is covered with hundreds of carefully carved symbols. The accuracy and precision of the idol's workmanship stands in stark contrast to the primitive building in which it resides. Further, the symbols themselves are a source of amazement.

In a book entitled "The Great Idol of Tiahuanaco", H.S. Bellamy & P. Allen postulate that the symbols embody a mass of astronomical data about the earth and the heavens 27,000 years ago. They believe that a book titled "Theory of Satellites" by Hoerbiger which was published in 1927, five years prior to the discovery of the idol, details a series of events which are encoded in the symbols on the idol. According to theory, a large satellite was captured by the earth's gravity field and, as it spun in, its mass and velocity caused the rotation of the earth to slow as well as its orbital velocity around the sun.

Bellamy and Allen believe that the idol records that the object was making 425 orbits around the earth per year and that one earth year lasted only 288 days. Do the symbols on the idol actually lead one to this conclusion? If they do, where did a primitive people get the astronomical knowledge needed to understand this? And finally, why is an idol which is carved in such a precise manner be housed in a far more primitive building? Some believe that extraterrestrial intervention is the only possible answer.

Source: www.nationalufocenter.com...
Additonal info and pics: www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...
ATS thread on the site (by: El Davicho) www.abovetopsecret.com... (great pics!!!)

Here is one of El Davicho's pics (#12) of the Idol. Great close up. (Notice: I attempted to contact him but he has not been back on the site since 2009
(

I know there are countless threads about this whole area and the aliens etc.. but nothing about this Idol itself or about the theory put forth by these two authors. I have to say I find the whole theory interesting but is it plausable? I don't know.

One thing for sure is this whole region was popular to being and they made some odd things..... Did odd things.... The whole history of the region-that we can ascertain, just reeks of oddness. If you don't believe in UFO/Aliens... you really got some issues to wrestle around with in your brain.
I think the easy way is to say that some former Alien group either built up this area or had major influence on the human beings who lived there.

Now, the Idol.. Look at those markings. They do appear to be different that the ones aroung the site. And, true enough, the Idol does appear to have been better made than the rest of the statues and idols around. You'll see when you look at the other pics and sources.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Great thread for bringing this up

It's a possibility that the pre-Incan Indians revered this idol more for some reason? What's unusual is that in one of your pictures, it depicts it being very central...therefore again indication that it may be revered? And as you mentioned those markings...gahh, this is frustrating!

I was actually just reading through some links to AAT right now. There in my opinion, had to be at least some influence..why build an idol for no absolute reason? Very odd to.

Edit: The below post brings up what the idol is holding....another thing to throw in to the possibilities...he's safeguarding something? A scroll or such?
edit on 3-6-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looking at the large picture you posted, it looks as though he is holding a man in one hand. What is he holding in the other hand? Looks like a tree or maybe......a nuclear explosion?

Many people believe we have done this all before. I dunno if thats true. A lot of these older statues & artifacts seem to depict a warning of how it will all end for us. Or maybe just a history of how it ended for the last bunch of us.

Also, I believe I read/heard somewhere that ancient people tended to build around exsisting structures. You mentioning that the statue was built differently than the surrounding structures would lead me to believe that the statue was there before the rest.

Just some mindless ramblings.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So what kind of changes would this have made? Faster rotation as well? More or less gravitational force on the earth? Somebody with some edumacation wanta chime in?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
He is definitely holding a man in his right hand and to me it seems like a 2 headed serpent coming out of some container in his left.

The serpent could represent protection, thus the idol being a protector of man. just my 2cents.

If the Earth captured a large satellite then the rotation of the earth would slow until the gravitational forces of each body balance out. ( my vague understanding )

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Large Sattelite = Moon?

If the rotational change theory is correct, it would be mind-blowing!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

In a book entitled "The Great Idol of Tiahuanaco", H.S. Bellamy & P. Allen postulate that the symbols embody a mass of astronomical data about the earth and the heavens 27,000 years ago. They believe that a book titled "Theory of Satellites" by Hoerbiger which was published in 1927, five years prior to the discovery of the idol, details a series of events which are encoded in the symbols on the idol. According to theory, a large satellite was captured by the earth's gravity field and, as it spun in, its mass and velocity caused the rotation of the earth to slow as well as its orbital velocity around the sun.

I see claims like this being attributed to ancient carvings now and then, but I have yet to see someone offer how they came to conclusions like this. If you look at the large photo of the statue it certainly does have a lot of symbols on it, but they do not look anything like the astronomical information that's being claimed above. In fact they appear to be nothing more than decorations. Take a look at the pants, it's the same two symbols or pattern repeated over and over. The face, arm and hand carvings appear to be nothing more than tribal tattoos. Unless the above authors have diagrams showing how the decorations on the idol represent astronomy then there's no reason to believe this is anything other than what it appears to be- decoration.

As far as the idol being of better quality than the surrounding building, I'm not buying that either. The idol looks pretty primitive to me. All of the appendages are carved engaged with the body which is indicative of early carvings (much easier to do that way). The symmetry is good and the execution also looks very nice, but there's nothing to indicate it's out-of-time or from an alien culture.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

This fact alone is enough to make one wonder about the means that the pre-Inca Indians used to create such a masterpiece; however, there is an even more intriguing mystery which surrounds this carving. The temple in which the idol was formally housed was constructed with the primitive techniques and tools available to its builders. It looks as though it belongs in this ancient city.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46e25138be09.jpg[/atsimg]

The Idol, however is carved as precisely and delicately as today's fine crystal. It is covered with hundreds of carefully carved symbols. The accuracy and precision of the idol's workmanship stands in stark contrast to the primitive building in which it resides

Thoughts?

They do know that the building in which it now stands [Or previously once stood, I think it's now presently being housed in a nearby museum] is/was a badly reconstructed version of how some "think" it once possibly looked like with rubble found in the area back in the 1960s?

Tiahuanaco

In the 1960s, an attempt was made at restoring the site, but by very uninformed parties. The walls pictured to the right, of the Kalasasaya, are almost all reconstruction. The original stones making up the Kalasasaya would have resembled a more "Stonehenge" like style, spaced evenly apart and standing straight up.

Unfortunately, the parties that made the reconstructions decided to make the Kalasasaya be enclosed by a wall that they themselves built. Ironically enough, the reconstruction itself is actually much poorer quality stoneworking than the people of Tiwanaku were capable of. It should also be noted that the Gateway of the Sun, that now stands in the Kalasasaya, is not in its original location, having been moved sometime earlier from its original location, which is unknown.

I agree, the statue is worthy of further investigation. Hell, The whole area is amazing. But, Clearly the Puma Punku location on the whole is worthy of a much more in depth study. There are large amounts of massive ancient ruins/debris scattered about and much of it still to be discovered and excavated.

The ruins found there and the surrounding area thus far are some of the best [if not the best] stone cutting/working of a supposedly primitive "Culture" yet found.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87f57ad1d1a4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3985a8a8fc7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52960258ae4d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b8aa9543fde.jpg[/atsimg]

Puma Punku

edit on 3-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Very briefly just on the mechanics

The earth's rotation has been slowing down, gradually ever since it formed.

The Earth's rotation is slowing but at a much slower rate than 1 leap second every so many years. The length of time it takes the Earth, at the present time, to rotate once is 86,400.002 seconds compared to 86,400 seconds back in 1820. The rotation has slowed roughly only by 2 milliseconds since 1820. That seems like an insignificant amount of time BUT over the course of the planet's entire lifetime, it has had very profound effects on the geophysics of the planet.....This would put the Earth's rotation at about 6.5 hours per day/night cycle, when it was created, 4.5 billion years ago.

Link

Satellite capture, nope our moon was created by an impact - and reformed from the ejecta while orbiting - this can be determined from the circular orbit AND that it is moving away slowly from the earth. If it had been captured it would be in an elliptic orbit and would tend to be moving slowly towards the planet.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification, clearly I am not well studied in lunar activity.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Dude.... you're ON IT! That makes very good sense to me, the way you wrote it out.

Thank you.

Ever since I saw the newer version of The Time Machine... where the Moon comes crashng down on Earth....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa324e834364.jpg[/atsimg]

I have had thoughts of that. See, you put my fears to rest.

One more question:

What happens if it stops moving away?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3db6bc4fcf2d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

Yep, it is two serpents in the right hand. Looked at it a little closer and saw the faces. So much for my past history theory

Thanks for the redirect.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Will the moon stop moving away? Only if a great deal of energy was applied to slow it down! People's opinions differ on this as the numbers are so small and any error is magnified by time.

The options are:

The Moon continues to move away and will reach 1,500,000 to 2,000,000 kilometers away and then stop however this should be after the earth has been destroyed by the expanding sun

The Moon continues to move away and at some point breaks free and goes into solar orbit but again this would be after the earth is destroyed by the expanding sun

So billions of years in the future x or y will occur, which it will be, is not presently known AFAIK

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am having a heck of a time trying to find anything on the original book mentioned:
"Theory of Satellites" by Hoerbiger

Everything I find relates back to these two guys and/or Chariots of the Gods...

Anyone ever read it or even seen a copy of it?

I would like to see what his theories were and/or what is in the book to make the two authors of the Idol book think they can/have translated the Idol markings.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Chariots of the Gods... noooooo!!!! Von Daniken is a disgrace to history and science! His book is seen by the stupid as marvelous, and by the knowledgeable as stupid.

Anyway, the Tiwanaku didn't have a writing system, so it isn't writing or calendrics that are on the idol. They're simply decorations. I really knew the story was exaggerated when it mentioned the idol was carved with precision similar to today's crystal. No it isn't. Sandstone is very easy to carve and isn't nearly hard enough to have super intricate designs in it like crystal can.

It's stuff like this that makes me embarrassed to be an anthropology major, because nobody gives our ancestors the deserved credit. They simply write it off as, "I can't do that! Musta been them aliens." No. What the hell. Aliens wouldnt carve sandstone. Aliens would leave some super high tech structure made from like titanium or something. And there would be geological evidence to show that the planet had been recycled if humanity indeed did recycle. But theres not. And there's no other evidence that says we did, either.

Accept things like this at face value. You accept the air you breath as such. Or are you gonna challenge that next, too? "Our air is actually alien powder and the government doesn't want us to know so that Niburu... in 2012... blah blah..."

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Howdy Schmidt

..are you rapidly approaching fringe archaeology burn out?

Good rant thou - and true!!
edit on 3/6/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Yes, that is why I put it up there (Gods..)

Check out the authors... one of them has been telling this story for sometime.

That is why I wanted to know if anyone has actually seen the origianl book of the Theories of Sats.... I want to see what was written 5 years prior to the Idol "discovery" that lead these folks to the conclusions that they are claiming.

Good luck with your studies... You kinda sound like Loam...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can find no evidence of such a book [Theory of Satellites by Hoerbiger] in English, it may have been a sub theory that was inside his larger idea of Welteislehre. Or you have the name wrong or more probably it is only avialable in German and I'm not sure of the translation from English to German of the term 'Theory of satellites'

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I see what you are saying.

You maybe correct but the things I did see seem to indicate a book.

I will call the Philly Library. According to a website, they have a copy of it there.

Thank you.

Of course, in there lays the problem. If we can't read and/or confirm etc a book and the theory etc... how can these two guys be debunked....

By science. As Mr. Schmidt demostrated.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What I don't get is how if they were such an advanced civilization, how there was no continuity or oral traditions passed down so that their ancestors today could translate the symbology?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join