It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No such thing as a real Christian...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Originally posted by SaberTruth
and no real atheists

Atheism = No belief in deities.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

There is hate and violence and lost lives in the world that come forth from those who are not religious as well as those who may be religious.

The Christian Religion cannot be blamed for hatred or violence and this is why I think so:

Jesus Christ's two commandments known, as printed in the Holy Bible and etched in our hearts, are to love Him with all our heart, mind and soul and to love our neighbor. Therefor, anyone upholding these two commandments is doing the exact opposite of engaging in violence. Those statements do not create war, humans create war with their bickering and not letting the bickering go, where it sometimes escalates into violent behavior and hatred as thick and smelly as hot tar remains. Clearly it is obvious no human population has ever mastered Jesus Christ's teachings EVERY second of their lives but does that mean we won't stop trying? Of course not. Just because no human population has yet to master His teachings EVERY second of their lives we should then give up these commendments? No. And what about the seconds or hours or days or years in our lives where we are able to master His commandments? Do we cross all those out? Absolutely not! We cannot blame religion. The blame falls on ourselves if we stray and we as individuals take personal responsibility for our actions.

I would also like to include that I have met many people who have had people do them very, very wrong and they have said to me that if it wasn't for them being a Christian, they would have ended their lives and/or their own lives. They have been severely mistreated and screwed over, but let it go. Having said that, I can make claim with sincerety, that the Christian religion is holding many people in check because without it they'd do some head stomping that the average Jew, Muslim or Atheist would deem appropirate, eye for an eye or I'll get you, and so on. If it wasn't for Christianity, there would be utter chaos in the world as Christianity is the ONLY religion I am aware of that brings you to your knees in repentance of how you've REALLY been as a person and to ask for forgiveness, to be merciful to others in realizing we're all sinners needing help along the way, and most importantly says to love your neighbor and to believe in Jesus Christ. All this is connected to something truly special which is the Holy Spirit making all Christians part of each other, through this spirit, no matter the denomination. What other religion connects their 'members' in such a way as the Holy Spirit does? None. We are special indeed and strive, again, strive, to follow our beloved's commandments. And you're right, everyone has the opportunity to come to Him and should have come to Him by now and yes, everything would have worked out, that was plan A. Ohhhh, would have been so very nice. But now, seems we're on to plan B which is stated in the book of revelations and to which is applied with knowing we can do all things through Christ which strengthen us.

We can't save ourselves ourselves. Obviously. There is no different messiah coming as He was already here. So we wait for His return while we watch the earth and humanity crumble around us, but thank God that we have special protection because we have submitted to Him and are now part of the Christian family, instead of being alone, in these testing times.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join