It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested, accused of illegally feeding homeless

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Maybe so, but I would like to see the press on a church and it's members being arrested for a "fellowship" night.
Talk about the bible belt, you'd see it whoopin someones butt.

A harmless victimless crime, but it does help.
This is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
wow, this is really sad. how can it be illegal to feed someone when it it not poison ?

the only possible motive is to keep "them" from congregating in public with all of their embarrasing filth and bad hair

really awful stuff

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You are now entering an Orlando state park paid for by your tax money.

Please do not feed the squirrels, birds, chipmunks, or homeless as this will take away from their natural feeding habits in their natural environments. Please keep your children and pets on a leash. No spitting, swearing, running, or laying down on park benches. Please do not walk on the grass or dance in front of statues or national monuments. No food or drinks allowed past this point. Please visit our souvenir shop where you can buy food and drinks.

We thank you for your patronage and hope you enjoy your visit.
Come back soon and God bless America !

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wow, this is really sad. how can it be illegal to feed someone when it it not poison ?

Yeah good question, fast food is legal to feed people with, which is poison.
But home prepared meals are not either poison or allowed to be served.

the only possible motive is to keep "them" from congregating in public with all of their embarrasing filth and bad hair

really awful stuff

Cmon now keep your feelings in check, the police may be crooked but I would not call all of them filth.
They could use a comb every once in awhile though.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I lived in FL for six years, and this is probably more right than you can even imagine, especially in Orlando, they can't have the tourists seeing homeless people. And now to top it off, the wonderous populous of the state of Fl have elected for their governor, a man, who's company was handed the largest medicare/medicaid fraud fine in history. Go Florida, you are on a good path, am very happy I moved back to the midwest.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I was arrested for doing FNB a couple years ago.

I don't agree with not being able to feed your hungry brothers and sisters, but nowadays I also don't agree with Food Not Bombs stance to push garbage vegan food on people. I did FNB for many years(for some reason) and I can tell you that most of the food was 'donations' i.e. food taken out of dumpsters, and I'm not just talking about non-perishables. I'm talking rotten fruit salads fresh from the dumpster, just cut the mold off and it's okay! Disgusting... and I ate the food every week too, and got sick every time, sometimes violently.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I don't want to comment on anything previously said, only point out that this incident is NOT trivial at all - it is part of an orchestrated global policy for which these 'marginal' sites are currently chosen as test cases to see how the public reacts on them - here in the UK tried Westminster Council (Inner London) recently to pass a bye-law which, if successful would have forbidden anybody to sleep in a public space/street etc as well as put penalties on people like in the case of those three who provide food to the homeless - this is definitely a move to eliminate even essential human rights!!!! (due to public opposition the Council has failed this time apparently and I don't think it'll be their last attempt!)...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

It is a shame that this organization cannot buy from trader joes, but I imagine they work with limitied funding.
As for rotten food, not all foods considered rotten are unsafe for human consumption.
You'd be surprised what you'd eat if you ever were truly hungry.
Did you really eat rotten food knowing it would make you "violently sick"?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here's the kicker,...
"They" make it illegal to be homeless.
Homeless are hungry, so they go be homeless and get arrested.
They eat on the county dime and get a warm bed.
They are released and go back to their "life of crime" homelessness.
They are arrested for being homeless.
Anyone see where I'm getting?
Why not shanty towns, somewhere out of sight?
People may reassimilate into a social mood and strive to get out.
I don't have all the answers or any, but there is a problem that is festering.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The group lost a court battle in April, clearing the way for the city to enforce the ordinance. It requires groups to obtain a permit and limits each group to two permits per year for each park within a 2-mile radius of City Hall.

I suggest that this group have their feed the homeless program in front of City Hall everyday!!! It is not a park so they should not need a permit and it would not be illegal.
If they don't want it in the park bring to them!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's a statute not a law. This thing does not apply to them unless they are a business. If they are a business, it does apply to them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I checked out the -food not bombs- main website...and I can certainly say it is a non-profit organization at best.
Anyway...this bothered me so much that I may decide to participate in this in my area. What's so wrong about feeding the hungry? It's not like every person had the same grand opportunities you did in life. Instead of sending so much of our tax payer money overseas, we should be focusing on the needy in our own country.

Stories like these make me wonder if we're talking about China or the United States....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Few things

1) the ATS terms and conditions have nothing in it about debating an idea someone presents
your ideas reflect whats -wrong- with the state of florida...you support it, you support a pseudo -neocon- idealism, I debate that.

its very relevant. you can continue to try and duck under the radar now, continously insinuate the terms and conditions protect you from criticism of your viewpoints after you state them, but that won't change anything...

you can of course simply respectfully duck out of the debate, or suggest maybe your wrong, or keep debating why your viewpoint is right, and therefore the overall agenda of homeless help by others is wrong (as the point of this thread of course). I am indifferent towards which path you take, but if you make a stand and position in a debate, don't suddenly become shocked when people challenge the stand and position...especially when its on topic.

unless you somehow invented and pattened "scrooge-ism", then its not attacking you personally...and actually, I stated in my posts often that this isn't attacking you...I don't know you...hell, you might be my best friend and we simply never talked about how we visit the same website. point is, stop being so narcissistic. you didn't invent the stands, nor the flaws that come with it.

anyhow, all thats said has been said. was a decent discussion.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry to say it is a law. That is exactly why they should do as I stated in my above reply. Better yet,,,hold a family picnic in the park,,,,( Everybody is related somewhere along the line.) Surely it is not illegal to have a picnic in the park!!! (There is always a loophole.)

edit on 2-6-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

ok look at those mug shots i would want them arrested to when they look like that trying to feed me not a chance if i was homeless.

And there are very few things uglier in a human being than when they criticize a stranger's act of kindness by making heartless insults. I don't know (and don't care) what you look like, but don't worry, with your attitude, I wouldn't worry too much about anybody feeding you anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NJE03

some pictures are worth a thousand words and sometimes those words fill novels.

Yeah, but you are judging people based on how the look in a mugshot! Show me one mugshot where the person looks like a super model.

Look, I think any hungry person is not going to turn down food just because they don't like how someone looks. Food is food and if you are hungry, you are not going to worry about whether the person giving it to you, is beautiful or not.

If you think you could, then I say you are so out of touch with reality and it is clear you have never truly been hungry in your life.

Bottom line, these people were trying to do something good. They were trying to help their fellow man. Yep, they broke a law that says you cant feed groups of people in that area... But you know what? This is one time I say, screw that law!

I would have gladly helped them break this law. Yep, I am saying that right now. I would have broken that law to. These people have my full support and I hope some one in the justice system has a bit of common sense and lets them go.

Shame on those who punish when some one does good.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

give me a break we live in one of the most shallow times of society.

the facts here those 3 are above the law and if you condone that behavior then you think you are above the law.

yeah the law is stupid.

the biggest problem in this country is because to many people think they are above the law.

the fed 25 people and they went over if they do not like the laws then get them changed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicomsol

And finally, a person is not homeless because its a awesome way of life...

Tell me something, if you see a person fall over a ship, do you hold up a life raft and tell the person sinking to earn it by doing tricks, or do you toss it down to the person in hopes of saving the person from immediate catastrophy? you just "gave" that raft without question to someone in need...

Hi, I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment FYI just the analogy

There are people homeless by choice, that's one
Second thing the giving the raft example is highly flawed, that is immediate danger, no time for 'help yourself'.

But there are pol out there on the streets by choice, John stossel had an entire about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They all should take it to trial, box them charges up and let a jury of their peers find them not guilty.

Im more than sure there is some good people still left. I know I would not vote guilty.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twisted1

Sorry to say it is a law. That is exactly why they should do as I stated in my above reply. Better yet,,,hold a family picnic in the park,,,,( Everybody is related somewhere along the line.) Surely it is not illegal to have a picnic in the park!!! (There is always a loophole.)

edit on 2-6-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

I gotta agree here
Excellent point

Maybe even have volunteers upgrade their skills too

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join