It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Own Personal American Revolution: 10 Things YOU Can Do Now, Really, To Start Change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Now THAT is a good idea...force these ideas into the platforms of even the establishment parties, or maybe form a party where these values are at the core.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The number one thing anyone can do now to really start change is move to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project. The point of the Free State Project is to get a large number of pro-liberty people in a small geographic area to make it much easier to change things. It seems to be working extremely well with only hundreds of movers. The goal is to get thousands of movers to New Hampshire.

Personally, I'm helping Free State Project members shift to an alternative currency. Just taking your money out of big banks just doesn't cut it I'm sorry to say. Contrary to popular belief, the banking system is a 100% government monopoly system. Eliminate dollars completely when possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've been doing those things for over 30 years.

Hasnt seemed to help anything at all. My life is still tossed around like a tiny ship on a stormy ocean of popular stupidity.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Hasnt seemed to help anything at all. My life is still tossed around like a tiny ship on a stormy ocean of popular stupidity.

Yes, but those who do this are a tiny minority. Our numbers need to grow for it to work. I am not though opposed against others would actually take more forthright and direct action, but my post is about what all and ANY can do, even the most passive and sheeple'ish among us.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
reply to post by pajoly

The number one thing anyone can do now to really start change is move to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project. The point of the Free State Project is to get a large number of pro-liberty people in a small geographic area to make it much easier to change things. It seems to be working extremely well with only hundreds of movers. The goal is to get thousands of movers to New Hampshire.

Personally, I'm helping Free State Project members shift to an alternative currency. Just taking your money out of big banks just doesn't cut it I'm sorry to say. Contrary to popular belief, the banking system is a 100% government monopoly system. Eliminate dollars completely when possible.

Interesting, please link to the site you think best explains the movement.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This thread is a winner! If we spread this message to as many people as possible, we can make an actual real difference, on this planet,now! Who cares about those banks and their money games. A self sustainable community of happy folks who grow organic clean food, barter among each other, and take care of their planet will produce new generation of children with fresh and forward ideas good for the world. The folks we are seeing in power didn't have happy lives or childhood, they've wasted their life for greed and control and in turn are living with guilty conscience that will shorten their years! We should love/pity them, not put them down, they are only hurting inside!

All this unsustainable technology for the sake of greed, honestly was it all worth RUINING our planet? I'd rather live like a simple farmer than see radiation and pollution consume this planet. I joined this site because of this thread because the time to realize our dream and stand up against tyranny of corporations IS NOW. I hope other lurkers will do the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Interesting, please link to the site you think best explains the movement.

There's a ling to it in my sig if interested.

Here: freestateproject.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If it is ever financially viable for me to move back to the US, it would be one of the places I would consider.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Good thread, but a few more to DO, stop going to the movies, Hollywood is the most corrupt entity next to our government.

Look into your rights when dealing with government, read your states bill of rights and USE THEM!! If you don't know you have any rights, then you don't. DO NOT let the government TELL YOU what YOUR rights are...TELL THEM what THEIR rights are, including cops.

DO NOT shop at box stores, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe's, DICKs, Target or any other major corporation!!

theres more...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Excellent, excellent post! I linked on FB. I too have been doing some of these for a few years now. One item that people may not know about is the credit/debit card fees. True if you don't pay it off you pay interest. But did you know that the merchant you are using them with also has to pay a fee every time you use it? I have owned a few businesses, and it really pisses me off that they get away with the double dipping. Depending on my volume, I had to pay anywhere from 1.85% to as much as 4.75% per transaction for the "privilege" of accepting credit/debit cards! So even if you use your debit card or a pre-paid card to avoid giving money to those banks, you are still supporting them! Cash is king. You want a great life? Want to reduce your debt? You want to bring down the financial giants? Then use your cash! If you don't have cash to buy it, then either find it used or go without, it's that easy.

One thing I would add is this:

Start a barter system in your town. There are a lot of skilled American's out there that would be willing to exchange labor for something you don't want/need. Let's say you have an old computer. You want to sell it so you can get some cash up to get your bathroom sink replaced. Barter with a plumber who needs a computer for his office. Easy peasy!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Few things I would like to add to the great list provided...

1. GET RID OF FACEBOOK, goldman sachs didnt invest half a billion dollars for nothing... Just another way to track everybody

edit on 2-6-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

USE FACEBOOK to post awareness. A friend and I post all kinds of info and we even state that we HOPE the "government" is watching because WE WANT them to know that we KNOW what is going on. I was always against facebook but then my fiancee got me on it and I noticed a lot of my friends and co-workers were on it and posting good info and chatting asbout what to do if TSHTF, so if THEY know, it may cause them to change their plans or abondon them altogether.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Great post... I've already covered all these bases, but there is one I'd like to talk about a little. It involves churches and politics. Everyone else's opinion will probably differ on this; this is mine. My wife and I were members at a local church until I applied for a job as youth pastor at another church in the same association. Part of my job would be to report private things the children said about their families in confidence to a local coalition who removes children from families who have drug problems. Jesus didn't go around doing this, so why is the church? In my opinion, if the family is having a problem, any problem, there seems to be a better solution than destroying them. I quickly told the pastor that I wanted no part in this, and we quickly removed our membership at our own church, which also collects money to support this coalition in their tithes. Since then my wife has found a new church, but I have yet to return to that practice. Who can you trust if not your pastor (youth pastor)?

Religion and politics just don't mix if members of a society are truly meant to be free. Bad for sharia law. Bad in America.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Apparently getting rid of the convenience of telecommunications and global travel is a good thing. Who'd a thunk it?

Also, apparently one person's personal ideology is what constitutes "American" these days. I didn't know that all of these things were American!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Great Ideas, Anything that we can do as a people without much effort is wonderful, because it might actually happen!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

S & F Excellent Post. I am already doing most of this but thanks for the clue on credit unions.

Another point. Be aware of what Mutual funds are doing. They use YOUR money to buy corporate stock but THEY vote the shares!!!!!

Good old Monsanto is 85% owned by people who can not vote the shares. AOL/Huffington Post is 56% owned by just ten Mutual Funds!

Pensions and Mutual Funds have been used as a way to separate ownership and control so the large corporations are actually controlled by a small collection of people who DO NOT OWN THEM!!!!

WASHINGTON -- A recent analysis of the 2007 financial markets of 48 countries has revealed that the world's finances are in the hands of just a few mutual funds, banks, and corporations. This is the first clear picture of the global concentration of financial power, and point out the worldwide financial system's vulnerability as it stood on the brink of the current economic crisis....
www.insidescience.org...

Here is one of my suggestions on what we can do to take back our country (and yes I posted this before
)

HERE IS JUST ONE OF OUR POWERS THAT WE IGNORE!

Please pay attention because THIS is a much more effective way to fight TPTB than protests ever were.

WE THE PEOPLE have the ultimate say on what laws are valid. TPTB has tried to take that power away by cover-ups and keeping us ignorant.

I am talking about TRIAL by JURY.

There is a reason we now see only judges trying cases.

There is a reason why jurors are never told about their Constitutional rights and duties.

There is a reason laws are written in such a way that a person is denied the right to a trial before a jury, even though it is unconstitutional.

A Jury has the RIGHT to judge both the law and the facts

It is called CASE LAW and the Muslims are busy using it to slip Sharia Law into the US legal system. - SEE ATS Thread

The screenplay, We the Jury, is provided on this website.

Case Law (n) Case Law is the decisions, interpretations made by judges while deciding on the legal issues before them which are considered as the common law or as an aid for interpretation of a law in subsequent cases with similar conditions. Case laws are used by advocates to support their views to favor their clients and also it influence the decision of the judges www.legal-explanations.com...

Notice in this "legal" definition they LIE. It is not SUPPOSED TO BE "the decisions, interpretations made by judges' it is SUPPOSED TO BE decisions by a JURY!

“The trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State, where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.” -- Constitution for the United States of America, Article III, Section 2, Paragraph [3]

Trial by Jury, almost hidden away in the Constitution of the United State is one of the most precious freedoms that Americans possess.

The saving grace of William Penn’s trial was to establish a critical precedence, whereby jurors could act on the basis of their conscience. It is a precedence which in modern day is sorely needed, when public opinion, law enforcement agencies, and the Courts themselves heavily influence the deliberations of juries to the point of denying justice. [This has been particularly true in cases where there is a great deal of publicity, there is a serious Scapegoatology atmosphere running about, and where law-enforcement agencies, courts, and governments are seeking new ways to extend their power.]

“It is not only his right, but his duty... to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court.” -- John Adams

John Adams words are fundamentally important in that every member of every jury must know they have an inalienable right to IGNORE Court-directed verdicts, public opinion, and/or the letter of the law (however interpreted by law enforcement agencies), as well as to be allowed to search for the truth in their deliberations.

No judge should dissuade or deny a juror’s right to obtain the truth in whatever way the juror determines.

This search for the truth and the decisions reached thereby must include:

1) The jury having full access to what any member of the jury considers relevant to the case (i.e. not being denied access by the Court, media, or any other source);

2) The jury being given the respect of being able to discern for themselves between rumor, conjecture, fact, and legitimate evidence, and

3) The jury taking on the responsibility for and being allowed to ask questions, doing independent research, and whatever else the jury decides to do (in it’s infinite wisdom) in order to discover, to the best of its ability, the underlying truth of any court case. The jury should not be limited by only what the Court “allows” into evidence or what the Court “decides” the jury should hear.

Every jury must stand up for their rights on the basis of Common Law (and/or the Constitution, Magna Carta, and other documents of liberty), as was the case in William Penn’s trial. They must actively pursue learning the truth, and then they must use their discernment to make their ultimate choice(s)....www.halexandria.org...

Do you want to know just how POWERFUL this right is????

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969)

Defendant Jerome Daly opposed the bank's foreclosure on his $14,000 home mortgage loan on the ground that there was no consideration for the loan. "Consideration" ("the thing exchanged") is an essential element of a contract. Daly, an attorney representing himself, argued that the bank had put up no real money for his loan. The courtroom proceedings were recorded by Associate Justice Bill Drexler, whose chief role, he said, was to keep order in a highly charged courtroom where the attorneys were threatening a fist fight. Drexler hadn't given much credence to the theory of the defense, until Mr. Morgan, the bank's president, took the stand. To everyone's surprise, Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created money "out of thin air" for its loans, and that this was standard banking practice. "It sounds like fraud to me," intoned Presiding Justice Martin Mahoney amid nods from the jurors. In his court memorandum, Justice Mahoney stated:

Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note.

The court rejected the bank's claim for foreclosure, and the defendant kept his house. To Daly, the implications were enormous. If bankers were indeed extending credit without consideration – without backing their loans with money they actually had in their vaults and were entitled to lend – a decision declaring their loans void could topple the power base of the world....

Justice Mahoney, who was not dependent on campaign financing or hamstrung by precedent, went so far as to threaten to prosecute and expose the bank.

He died less than six months after the trial, in a mysterious accident that appeared to involve poisoning.

THAT folks is just how powerful case law is and shows TPTB are scared to death of case law. That is why they killed Justice Mahoney.

WHAT WE CAN DO!

We have a RIGHT to a trial by jury in criminal matters or in civil matters over $20!

Acquaint yourself with the the fully informed jury movement and pester your state lawmakers into introduce a law mandating a juror be INFORMED of his RIGHTS and DUTIES!

Informed jury amendments have been filed as an initiative in seven states and legislation has been introduced in the Alaska state legislature....

Today, the constitutions of only two states -- Maryland and Indiana -- clearly declare the nullification right, although two others -- Georgia and Oregon -- refer to it obliquely. The informed jury movement would like all states to require that judges instruct juries on their power to serve, in effect, as the final legislature of the land concerning the law in a particular case....

Those who have endorsed the right of a jury to judge both the law and the facts include Chief Justice John Jay, Samuel Chase, Dean Roscoe Pound, Learned Hand and Oliver Wendell Holmes. According to the Yale Law Journal in 1964, during the first third of the 19th century judges did inform juries of the right, forcing lawyers to argue "the law -- its interpretation and validity -- to the jury." By the latter part of the century, however, judges and state law were increasingly moving against nullification. In 1895 the US Supreme Court upheld the principle but ruled that juries were not to be informed of it by defense attorneys, nor were judges required to tell them about it... prorev.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is just a post to thank everyone for the very kind reception of this thread. It is only the second time I have had a thread as the headline thread on ATS and it is encouraging that this sort of material resonates with so many of you.
edit on 3-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
pure brilliance, S+F. These steps suit me just fine & I have been looking for something like this
These things will work in any capitalist driven country where people are fighting against privatization and corporate influence. I live in Oz but its just as relevant here & I will be spreading this to everyone who will listen.

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

These are easy steps

They are "easier said than done steps".

We've become so enmeshed with convenience and luxury, it's difficult to step up and make changes. Like changing to a credit union. That would take a day or longer for me. It's complicated, and I'm not sure I can do it anyway. It's not for the lazy.

It will take time to untangle this web we've woven. For some of us, it's all we've ever known. I tried for about one month last year, to not buy anything that was "made in China", and I'm telling you, it was HARD.

But, wise OP, you have encouraged me again to try! I will try! I will!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I am talking about TRIAL by JURY.

There is a reason we now see only judges trying cases.

There is a reason why jurors are never told about their Constitutional rights and duties

Not sure what you are really getting at here, and why it is pertinent to this topic. People sometimes WAIVE their right to a jury trial, and sometimes, depending on their circumstances, it might be the best thing for a particular defendant to do.

Go to any large courthouse and peek through the windows in the halls leading to the courtrooms. Here, I would see multiple jury trials going on simultaneously.

Also, I've served on juries, against my will sometimes, and have always received instructions.
Not sure what your beef is. Maybe in your case, it's just a regional thing. Take it up in the voting booth perhaps?
edit on 6/3/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Hm, this is not encouraging news, however, I get the impression that the actions recommended by the OP are effective when executed by large numbers. If enough people would engage in these patterns, then a difference might be accomplished.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join