It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I run a weather station and am currently researching the Valley Heat/Wind effect. And yes it is windier worldwide these past two years - this year in particular- as you will see on the NOAA link.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Believe it's an El Nino year. I also live in southern Denver, and haven't noticed it much out of the ordinary to be honest. There does seem to be high amounts of pollen this year. But overall, the weather has been imo, pretty normal for Colorado at least.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I am also in Minnesota; crazy weather for early June. Yesterday we had our 1st 100 degree day in 22 years (it was actually 102). Winds were 30 - 35 mph sustained with gusts up to 45. And now by tomorrow it is forecasted to see a low of 50 degrees. A 52 degree shift in a matter of less than 48 hours.

Crazy....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CORN IS NUTS
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I am also in Minnesota; crazy weather for early June. Yesterday we had our 1st 100 degree day in 22 years (it was actually 102). Winds were 30 - 35 mph sustained with gusts up to 45. And now by tomorrow it is forecasted to see a low of 50 degrees. A 52 degree shift in a matter of less than 48 hours.

Crazy....

I know it was nuts i was sweating and it was so hot then it turned cold so fast i agree its just crazy i dont rember ever haveing this kind of weather in june ..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ah, so that's where it's all gone! Typical Americans, even pinching our wind now

According to government figures, 13 of the past 16 months have been calmer than normal - while 2010 was the “stillest” year of the past decade.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Please give it back!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wind...

Please do not get me started, S. AZ. has wind in the spring not the onset of summer...

The Palo Verdes just blossomed here in June 1, 2011...freakish ...yes! Normal = March and April.

"Strange things are a foot at the Circle K" * Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure*

Regards and Nameste,,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
P.S.

My History Thesis was a very sexy topic!

The Historic Vegetative Change of Southeastern Arizona: As defined by South of the Gila River, and East of the Santa Cruz River.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
These weather patterns are not unusual. They occur with seasonal changes.
Weather is determined by a lot of various factors.
en.wikipedia.org...
The above link will give a general overview of seasonal changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join