It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does my lucky rabbits foot prevent terrorist attacks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Whose to say what would happen if I didn't have my lucky rabbits foot, but with it, we all know we're safer.

Isn't this the basic argument they use for the T&A and the Department of Homeland Insecurity? With these lumbering bureaucracies and hoards of pedophiles groping children, we haven't been attacked, even though they haven't prevented one single terrorist attack, but whose to say what would happen if we removed these "safe guards" ? Whose to say what would happen if I lost my lucky rabbit's foot.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Whose to say what would happen if I didn't have my lucky rabbits foot, but with it, we all know we're safer.

Isn't this the basic argument they use for the T&A and the Department of Homeland Insecurity? With these lumbering bureaucracies and hoards of pedophiles groping children, we haven't been attacked, even though they haven't prevented one single terrorist attack, but whose to say what would happen if we removed these "safe guards" ? Whose to say what would happen if I lost my lucky rabbit's foot.

Why do you believe they haven't prevented a single Terrorist Attack?!?! That seems an illogical, and undefendable statement. While one can argue that we will never know if they have prevented an attack, since....by the very definition, it's been prevented....We do know that there have been quite a few arrests and sting operations reported in the News....Is that not, at the very least, evidence that it's quite plausible they HAVE prevented a terrorist attack somewhere, at some time, since 9/11?!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
what people don't understand is that we are stronger, and more powerful than our own government. the homeland security should go along with a lot of other things such as big government, police, and the feds. i think its high time we set up nation wide militias in every town ran souly by local citizens.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
we probably see more videos of terrorist on jungle gyms on the news ......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Maybe the US government should spend couple of billion dollars on protecting Americans against Bumble Bees, because apparently they cause more deaths than terrorists.

Some vital information on sea bears, so you can protect yourself:
Ways to attract Sea Bears (WARNING - DO NOT TRY AT HOME):

"- Playing the clarinet badly (They might hate the sound or it upsets them.)
- Waving a flashlight around (It's their natural prey.)
- Eating or holding cubed cheese or possibly cheese in general (Perhaps they hate it or the smell might set it off.)
- Stomping around (They take it as a challenge.)
- Wearing a hoop skirt (It might disgust them.)
- Wearing clown shoes (Ridiculous.)
- Wearing a sombrero in a goofy fashion (Offensive, perhaps.)
- Screeching like a chimpanzee (It may mimic the sound of a dying animal to them.)
- Running from a Sea Bear (It might show cowardness.)
- Limping from a Sea Bear (It might also show cowardness.)
- Crawling away from a Sea Bear (This also might show cowardness, possibly indication its enemy's vulnerablility)
- Drawing ovals in the Dirt (Dirt ovals can't protect against sea bears.)"

edit on 2-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Whose to say what would happen if I lost my lucky rabbit's foot.

Well...what happened to the rabbit the foot came off of when HE lost that foot?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Whose to say what would happen if I lost my lucky rabbit's foot.

My sentiments exactly...very bad luck for the rabbit!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

hrmmm...
Have you ever been attacked by terrorists?
If not it must be working.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Why do you believe they haven't prevented a single Terrorist Attack?!?! That seems an illogical, and undefendable statement. While one can argue that we will never know if they have prevented an attack, since....by the very definition, it's been prevented....We do know that there have been quite a few arrests and sting operations reported in the News....Is that not, at the very least, evidence that it's quite plausible they HAVE prevented a terrorist attack somewhere, at some time, since 9/11?!

what sting events are you talking about? the only events I know about are the under wear bomber which was hosted by the security at the airport and let onto the plane, so if anything they are causing terrorist attacks more so than preventing them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by filosophia

hrmmm...
Have you ever been attacked by terrorists?
If not it must be working.

Yes, but what if the terrorists also have a rabbits foot? Is there a logical hierarchy in establishing which foot takes precedence?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

ok i will ask you to post one just one article where DHS TSA or FBI made the discovery of said threat before the the fact. all the ones i have seen or heard about have been tips by guess who john Q public or by failed events like the underwear bomber.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Well, terrorists as we use the word did not cut off his foot, so, while it didnt exactly bring him luck, we can be pretty sure al-Quaeda didnt get him.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Well now..if superstitions still apply, I would say for good luck, it would have to be the right foot. Since left handness has been associated with the devil and some pictures portray him as left handed. Not meaning to insult all you left handed people out there. I am also left handed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
you see people we have a threat that is willing to wait to strike at us 1993- 2001, 2001- till when we have put down our guard. So we are going to do one of two things we will be under DHS TSA control for ever, and have the false sense of security or put up DHS TSA on the shelf and then be hit buy there best weapon a plane, for we know it they know it but then was not the first attack done by a rental truck so now you know.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't see why that wouldn't work...
as for me I have a rock in my pocket that prevents rampaging Rhino attacks...
I know it works because I've never been run over by a rampaging Rhino
a subject of real concern here in South East Kansas Ya know

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Maybe the US government should spend couple of billion dollars on protecting Americans against Bumble Bees, because apparently they cause more deaths than terrorists.

Or shark attacks, or food poisoning...etc. Still when a Terroist DOES hit, it's a very bad thing...so that sort of makes up for it. I'm sure there are a lot of terrorists that would like to do their own 9/11....The fact that we haven't had another one kinda shows our National Security is doing something, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

what sting events are you talking about? the only events I know about are the under wear bomber which was hosted by the security at the airport and let onto the plane, so if anything they are causing terrorist attacks more so than preventing them.

Well here's a LIST of 30 examples......Anything else you need me to look up for you?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

ok i will ask you to post one just one article where DHS TSA or FBI made the discovery of said threat before the the fact. all the ones i have seen or heard about have been tips by guess who john Q public or by failed events like the underwear bomber.

Really? All you need is just one? Ok,

" Yassin Aref and Mohammad Hossain, August 2004. Two leaders of a mosque in Albany, New York, were charged with plotting to purchase a shoulder-fired grenade launcher to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat. An investigation by the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and local police contributed to the arrest. With the help of an informant, the FBI set up a sting that lured Mohammed Hossain into a fake terrorist conspiracy. Hossain brought Yassin Araf, a Kurdish refugee, as a witness. The informant offered details of a fake terrorist plot, claiming that he needed the missiles to murder a Pakistani diplomat in New York City. Both Aref and Hossain agreed to help"

By the way that example came from this page of 30 some examples of similar Terrorist plots that have been foiled. www.heritage.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So you don't think America should spend billions of dollars from protecting Americans from the Bumble Bees? Maybe if we give them beards and Turbans, then you might agree that billions of dollars are actually necessary.

You think people dying from a terrorist attack is more terrorizing than people dying from a Bumble Bee attack? So you would rather spend billions to prevent terrorist attacks, and give up almost all of your rights, but you are not willing to do the same with Bumble Bees?

That's my point, if the media one day decided to make Bumble Bees the enemy, I swear on my fully natural grown beard that you would fear it like you fear the big bad terrorists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join