It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E. coli outbreak is a new strain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is natural, these type of things are bound to happen, it's just the way things go sometimes, obviously certain people not washing their veg properly which has caused the spread...

I fail to see any conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Do you SERIOUSLY think this is from simple vegetables?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Itop1

Why not? give me one good reason why this is not possible?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
This is natural, these type of things are bound to happen, it's just the way things go sometimes, obviously certain people not washing their veg properly which has caused the spread...

Hmm. You fail to see any conspiracy. Do u think a normal outbreak of some virus that did little to the population would be so widely reported and publicised by the Government mouthpieces BBC and Sky News so much?

If this is just a little bug doing the rounds why in the hell is it being reported in all the papers and all the channels as a Mutant Strain and people should be worried type of deal. Remember the Swine Flu outbreak? How that was publicised? And how the WHO got all those governments to buy all those useless poisonous vaccines. The Vaccines killed more people than the Swine Flu. In fact, in Scotland when there weren't enough cases of Swine Flu deaths the NWO government ordered the the Scottish Parliament to include Flu deaths and call them Swine Flu deaths to make the people of Scotland panic and demand the vaccine.

A similar kind of scenario will probably erupt in this E-Coli farce. This like the Swine Flu agenda looks like it has been set to happen. Add that to the fact that the UK NWO Government is enforcing councils to add Flouride to all water supplies...............Wake Up!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Because people have been eating veg for thousands of years so why the sudden outbreak? If this was meat, fish, eggs or rice then maybe i could swallow it but vegetables? I'm not buying it

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Hmm. You fail to see any conspiracy. Do u think a normal outbreak of some virus that did little to the population would be so widely reported and publicised by the Government mouthpieces BBC and Sky News so much?

If this is just a little bug doing the rounds why in the hell is it being reported in all the papers and all the channels as a Mutant Strain and people should be worried type of deal. Remember the Swine Flu outbreak? How that was publicised? And how the WHO got all those governments to buy all those useless poisonous vaccines. The Vaccines killed more people than the Swine Flu. In fact, in Scotland when there weren't enough cases of Swine Flu deaths the NWO government ordered the the Scottish Parliament to include Flu deaths and call them Swine Flu deaths to make the people of Scotland panic and demand the vaccine.

A similar kind of scenario will probably erupt in this E-Coli farce. This like the Swine Flu agenda looks like it has been set to happen. Add that to the fact that the UK NWO Government is enforcing councils to add Flouride to all water supplies...............Wake Up!!!

You must realise, everything that happens in your life IS NOT a conspiracy, things can and do happen naturally, it's being reported because its quite big news which is effecting the whole of europe and people have died, vaccines killing more people is a myth, infact its a conspiracy which is not true at all, if you disagree then show me evidence from a reputable source that proves your claim, not everything is a conspiracy although sometimes things like this make a good story for a conspiracy although its not the case.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

Because people have been eating veg for thousands of years so why the sudden outbreak? If this was meat, fish, eggs or rice then maybe i could swallow it but vegetables? I'm not buying it

You think this is the first time this has happened? I advise you to do some research, its usually caused through bad hygiene, you know farmers using cow crap to fertilize their crops and the veg not being washed properly, leaving ecoli on the veg and then getting consumed by humans, not really any conspiracy about it.

It's quite common for cows to carry Ecoli and if a farmer uses the ecoli infected cow to fertilize his crops.... then problems could happen with carelesnness...

www.cdc.gov...

edit on 2-6-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

The conspiracy is in the media using this to scare the # out of people.

Lets get things into perspective. There are 81.7 million people in Germany. (Source) Out of these, there have been 1,064 cases of bloody diarrhoea and 470 cases of the potentially deadly complication haemolytic-uraemic syndrome. (Source)

Quoted from the BBC article:

Scientists at the Beijing Genomics Institute in China are also reported as saying the new form was "highly infectious and toxic."

They are blowing this up way out of proportion. The amount of people sick, and the amount of deaths, although unfortunate, are a negligible proportion of the population. It is just more fear mongering. If the amount of cases were in 100,000's or more then I would be worried but as it is, as long as you wash/cook your food properly you will be fine.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My guess is they had to harvest the dangerous e-coli from cows' mucosal tissue from Georgia and then splice it with what they already had from out west.

If people weren't dying I might question if it could be just another "Oh our spinach has e-coli we have to recall everything we sent out' insurance scam.

If it looks weaponized, consider it might be.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

bacteria does not mutate from two seperate strands, it mutates from one strand that is slightly changed. this is a HYBRID BACTERIA. i want one example where this has happened outside a lab...
plz, just one

im sure there are biochemists on here somewhere that could prove me wrong, if i am in fact, wrong....
untill then, no its not natural, and is perfectly timed with everything else raising the prices of food.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Emphursis

Want to know a coincidence? I started reading 'Area 7' by Matthew Rielly a few hours before this outbreak was reported!!

Search the name and book and you'll see the coincidence!

I know you lot will laugh but sometimes when i do things or think about stuff it happens in the real world.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

synchronicity is a funny thing. may exist, may not. if not, there are lots of coincidences

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

reply to post by Itop1

bacteria does not mutate from two seperate strands, it mutates from one strand that is slightly changed. this is a HYBRID BACTERIA. i want one example where this has happened outside a lab...
plz, just one

im sure there are biochemists on here somewhere that could prove me wrong, if i am in fact, wrong....
untill then, no its not natural, and is perfectly timed with everything else raising the prices of food.

I'm no scientist so i'm not going to pretend i know exactly everything about it, but i don't think you really understand eather, the whole conspiracy surrounding this is a complete joke to be honest.

From what i have read so far about this is that this strain of ecoli is completely possible but this one just happens to be a very toxic strain which is also resistant to antibiotics, I personally think a lot of time people scream conspiracy simply for the hell of it, everyone likes a good conspiracy, but there is no conspiracy here, in a couple of weeks the whole thing will be contained and under control, the source will be found and cured and this whole thing forgot about.

Something else will then happen and this whole conspiracy hype will happen all over again, nothing really serious will come of this because in general the human race is very good at dealing with outbreaks like this, just like previous outbreaks, people will die but nothing on a scale to turn around and say "Hey, the government are trying to kill off loads of people" or something along those lines, if they wanted to kill us off we would be dying by our thousands.....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I (like everyone else) feels badly that people are getting sick and some are even dying. What I am wondering is...people traveling from Germany to lets say the United States and bringing this illness with them.....and...is this illness man-made or just a freakish occurrence from nature?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Could be a chain of fast-food outlets/take-away's in Germany with less than appealing hygiene standards that have somehow evaded the trading standards all these years. Contaminated meat/food spreads on chop boards or processing and the process begins. this strain can also be passed person to person, but not as easily as some diseases so it's not going to be a pandemic (no fears about that.)

Never let a good disaster go to waste, and the Vegetables were a good scapegoat in crashing Spain economically further into the Euro aswell as enflaming opposition support for the polls and inciting more calls for the pesticide regulations across all Organic foods Europewide (killing 2 birds with 1 stone) while this outbreak still carrys on and the blame-game becoming overshadowed by the human cost.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I (like everyone else) feels badly that people are getting sick and some are even dying. What I am wondering is...people traveling from Germany to lets say the United States and bringing this illness with them.....and...is this illness man-made or just a freakish occurrence from nature?

Your question has two answers....

If you're a conspiracy theorist, then its man made.
If you're a realist then its a occurrence from nature.

Eather way, i guarantee you that within a couple of weeks this whole thing will be contained and everything will blow over, i really dont think anything will come of this, some people will die but nothing on a catastrophic level like some would have you believe.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why not forget weather or not its a conspiracy and get to figuring out if this is a legitimate threat. I am no expert, unfortunately but they way they are making it sound, it's as if it's pretty bad.

Anyone?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
why not forget weather or not its a conspiracy and get to figuring out if this is a legitimate threat. I am no expert, unfortunately but they way they are making it sound, it's as if it's pretty bad.

Anyone?

Oh yea it is bad, there is no doubt about that, but not the kind of bad to be really conceanred about, the chances of this effecting you are very very slim, just make sure you wash your hands/fruit and veg regularly and you should be fine.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
people are scared of their own shadows these days

h1n1 ecoli you name it and the government or corporations are the usual scapegoats,

things do happen in the natural world they come from somewhere.

i think its mans own complacency that nothing can touch him anymore and the overconfidence in modern medicine.

and the flip side of that are those people who scream the loudest saying the world is gonna end.

there needs to be moderation between the two.

people crap happens it always will.

for far too long we people have been living high on the hog sooner or later we will be humbled.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If you start thinking that you have this, do not self treat with antibiotics!

Doctors in Europe and the United States do not give antibiotics to patients with E. coli infections, since studies have shown it can actually make the disease worse. "It seems that antibiotics make the bacteria explode, and the toxins inside get spit out and wreak havoc," said Dr. Buddy Creech, assistant professor of pediatric infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.

There's no other treatment to fight the bacteria. "All we can do is give patients pain medications or put them on ventilators or dialysis if they need it," said Dr. Robert Steele, a pediatrician at St. John's Children's Hospital in Springfield, Missouri. "We can't treat the actual problem. We just wait for the body to heal itself."
source

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join