It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photos of spy plane launch Area 51 intrigue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Is this a hobby?

I am just curious.

edit on 12-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: edited for cheesyness

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here is some more info on that crash

www.dreamlandresort.com...

and someone who went looking for it

edit on 12-6-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Thank you for the info.

I will read it when I have the chance to soak it all in.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Is this a hobby?

I am just curious.

edit on 12-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: edited for cheesyness

I'm slightly confused. Is what a hobby?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You know. Do you like to dig into the rabbit hole concerning secret aircraft?

Hobby,.....like fishing,.....model rocketry...something to keep your mind occupied. I first asked if you were employed by DoD...lol..... I just liked the information and wondered if you stumbled upon it, or if you knew about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

No, not in particular, I see something interesting and I run with it, as far as the aircraft is concerned it was mentioned in an article i was reading as a rival project to the A12 and I had to see what it looked like. I find the similarities to the F117 striking.

I guess you could say knowledge is my one hobby.

edit on 12-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I guess you could say knowledge is my one hobby.

Well, that makes two of us.

Thank you. If you run across anymore pics, don't hesitate to share.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
ABCNews report on Project Oxcart

Lockheed A12 Blackbird

CSPAN3: CIA Pilot on A12

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I started a thread on ATS with Ken Collin's testimony about the crash. The testimony can be read here:
cia declassified documents

Everything on that page comes from the CIA CREST system. The whole report is 500 or so pages. A good thing the paper and toner cost is on the CIAs budget.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Again, I apologize, I realize you have no experience dealing with the government or military at this level, and can easily see how this ignorance can lead someone to think that there is a natural, linear progression of such technology as if it were something being developed privately and for profit.

I try to keep things civil. Spare me the insults.

It's no secret I worked for EG&G, so trust me, I've dealt with the government and other military contractors. Enough with the garbage that I don't know how the government works. Rather than insult me, deal with the facts and try to make a logical argument.

Aurora rumors had it as a manned project. While Aurora didn't exist, ISINGLASS, the most aggressive high speed project of the era, was manned. So now you claim there is was an unmanned hypersonic program.

You simply have not investigated the NASA hypesonic program. It is obvious from your remarks you haven't talked to anyone in the project. Let's pretend the engine technology is not an issue. There are thermal issues that NASA is still working on. The current hypersonic aircraft is basically a chunk of tungsten and an engine. Tungsten is for the heat dissipation. Yet we had the thermal issues solved in the 80s according to your statements.

Too bad that great 80's thermal technology never made it to the shuttle. Now granted the shuttle is at mach 25, but when it has enough atmosphere to make it toasty, the mach is in single digits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join