It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie takes state helicopter to son’s baseball game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

New Jersey governor Chris Christie--who has made government reform a major talking point of his administration--is coming under fire for his decision to travel in a state-owned helicopter to his son's high school baseball game Monday.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, Christie landed in the state's $12.5 million helicopter just before the game began, buzzing over the trees in left field and distracting spectators. The GOP governor then got into a black sedan with tinted windows, which drove him about 100 yards to the baseball diamond.

Flanked by bodyguards, Christie and his wife, Mary Pat, watched the game from the stands until they left during the 5th inning. The two got back into the car and rode back to the helicopter. According to the Star-Ledger, the game was stopped for a "couple of minutes" while the helicopter took off.

news.yahoo.com...-container

Yes, both sides of the aisle are guilty of doing this nonsense...but what I find most incredible is that the lazy bum couldn't walk the length of a football field to the damn game...actually had a vehicle to take him back and forth from the helicopter to the ballpark and back.....as apparently 100 yards IS TOO FAR!!!!!

SO MUCH FOR THE SACRIFICING EH BUD???

He's obviously sacrificing his ass off and making the tough decisions to save his state's budget!!!!

edit on 1-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Christie is just another hypocritical BS politician.

I can't stand the guy's personality. He comes across as a bullying jackass. Time to tighten the belt! But apparently that doesn't apply to the elite or those in office.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You guys should ease up on Christy, it turns out he couldn’t fit in the car so they had to get a helicopter to take him.
Then he had a dinner of fried pork chops with the conservative lackeys from Iowa, who are trying to get him to run for president, so he had to hurry up and get there before the chops got cold, so they again took him on the helicopter.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

mmmm pork chops. with beans and rice I hope? maybe some potatos? MMMM and a biscuit.

Give Christy a break, hes obviously too..(be friendly).."big boned" to do any kind of strenuous activity including getting out of the car and walking to the bleachers only to have to walk up and down them and walking back to his car again.

I bet his son was real proud.
(hell, maybe he was because his dad actually showed up; unlike 80% of the worlds deadbeat fathers)

But Christy...come on man.....you are supposed to be a politician, you should have known better being the education monster that you are. YOU JUST DONT DO THESE THINGS. It makes you look like a complete
waste of taxpayer money; And a four letter word.

My opinion on this guy is still undecided. This didnt sway it one way or another when it comes to his politics.
It does however, make me question his decision making process in a big way.

The guy is smart, hes just not that bright.
Big suprise right...hes a politician.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Common Good because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's probably just obesity not that there's anything wrong with that. To be sure he should be drug tested as his constituents are paying for his health care and they have a right to know if his life style choices are affecting his ability to conduct the affairs of his office effectively. (sarcasm) Drug test them all!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And the president does this just about every day.

No polititians should have taxpayer funded transportation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Gov. Christie clearly believed the good people of New Jersey were far too stupid to care about something like this. This speaks volumes about the way Gov. Christie views the people in New Jersey. It is unlikely that he will be impeached for this and it is likely the people in New Jersey will stop talking about this event in a week or so. The people of New Jersey may forget about this sooner if someone famous gets divorced or caught with drugs in the next few days. I hope I am 100% wrong about this.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The driving 100 yards thing I can understand. He is the Governor, after all, and should have some protections afforded him. He's not very popular with union thugs right now and who knows what those kooks would try.

But taking that helicopter was pretty irresponsible. I'm disappointed in him for that as I really like the guy.

/TOA

top topics

join