It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO report threatens to 'persecute' Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

NATO report threatens to 'persecute' Anonymous

www.thinq.co.uk

NATO leaders have been warned that Wikileaks-loving 'hacktivist' collective Anonymous could pose a threat to member states' security, following recent attacks on the US Chamber of Commerce and defence contractor HBGary - and promise to 'persecute' its members.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As one of the anon puts it beautifully

Something beautiful was born on the internet. Little did I know as I was blocking a pool in Habbo Hotel that I was part of something that would one day become a threat to all established forms of authority.

The absurdity of going after Anonymous is that it isn't a group but an idea. They can catch a few individuals but can they ever catch a idea?

"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of informatio­n is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chain­ed people whose leaders at last lose their grip on informatio­n flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricti­ng its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to informatio­n, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
-C­ommissione­r Pravin Lal, UN Declaratio­n of Rights

Link to NATO draft report

www.thinq.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's funny to hear them whine like this......

If the TPTB wasn't ripping off 100 of millions of people through banking and government,stripping Americans of their rights, killing American's in unnecessary wars and destroying the American way they wouldn't have to worry about groups that fight them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm shocked, it's an outright call to arms against the population of the world. How are they going to go after them? There's no member list, no structure, just a common goal. Sure they can attempt to shutdown the *chan sites and irc channels, trace site ip addresses which if anyone involved had common sense would be run through anonymous proxy services. We're living the "war on terror" and now we're moving to the "war on script kiddies." (no offense but the LOIC takes no skill)

Of course it gives more reason to believe that the group is really an NSA fabrication that drew citizens concerned about their rights into a trap, giving TPTB reason to restrict the internet further and place it under control of a ministry of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Anonymous was actually being lead or swayed by people in the government....especially since they are comprised of people who don't ask questions, and people who don't really know each other...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Anonymous sure seems to have a hard time following through on their threats.
Unless nobody is talking. They were supposed to go after Bradley Manning's
jailer's, then the Federal Reserve. I don't know what to believe anymore. Or
who's who or who is working for who.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why is NATO scared we'll see them putting troops in Libya? So HEY LOOK WERE GOING AFTER THE INTERNET BAD GUYS!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! Meanwhile in Libya, troops on the ground... the old switcheroo (love that word)

NATO is nothing but lies & cowards in big chairs who sit there on their fat arses saying "Oh look were helping the poor people" NO your not our killing innocent civilians and troops... pathetic

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by j35us
Sure they can attempt to shutdown the *chan sites and irc channels, trace site ip addresses which if anyone involved had common sense would be run through anonymous proxy services.

The only problem with that is proxies can be made dozens a dime every few minutes. Even if they close down all the "Open Internet" access points can they ever reach the "Hidden Net" access points which are spread so anonymously that every time they will reach one spot in Darknet few dozen more will pop up. The black hats and grey hats are not sleeping.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Prince Of Darkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm sure Anonymous is just saying "Bring it on!" I mean really, what did they expect would happen? All this does is play into Anon's hands to further their overall goal. I'm sure they welcome it completely, as the press they get will just be of benefit. I say Go Anon, Go!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Anonymous sure seems to have a hard time following through on their threats.
Unless nobody is talking. They were supposed to go after Bradley Manning's
jailer's, then the Federal Reserve. I don't know what to believe anymore. Or
who's who or who is working for who.

We're still working on #OpManning don't worry, about the Federal Reserve I dunno since Entr0py (founder of the channel) left.

We were loling at all this NATO going after Anonymous this whole morning at the IRC. Looks like NATO still has to learn how to internets or they would explode into rainbows.

Luckily we got T, K, and S back.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I realize how quickly proxies and anonymous services can pop up so there are always ways around their methods, it's the joy of computing. I'm a white hat myself. The longer computers/the internet are around the more people are going to learn about the systems and more importantly how to exploit them. Just really stating a curiosity regarding their real plan of attack.

In regards to ops, I heard the other day there way a demonstration on the 14th at a few places, really not much of an anonymous op considering they're asking people to actually gather in front of the institution in person instead of going after the databases that have all the information that could actually cripple the system. I think it's called #OPESR or something, a quick search on this site and you'll probably find the post.

edit: Here is the link for OPESR
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-6-2011 by j35us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
LOL how in the world can you go after anonymous? For crying out loud its not even a group it's more like a ... collective of sorts. Anyone and no one can be anonymous.

Talk about an act of futility. Yeesh.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Sounds a lot like the war on terror, and the war on drugs doesn't it? It doesn't surprise me at all thinking about it that way.

new topics

top topics

join