It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't I get "You're going to hell!" PMs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ah...I actually would love to do that. Granted, I think I'd take a more 'Einstein vs Hawking' style to my rhymes, but still.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

You've said you can't see videos, let's hope you can see images:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b96f71ed75.jpg[/atsimg]

If you can't, it's a gauntlet. On the ground. As if it had been thrown. Since you're a self-declared expert in the English language or at the very least have access to Google, I'm sure you'll get what that's supposed to represent.

No, I can't see images.
The fact is, that I simply didn't believe in your 'friend' who gets the PMs telling him he's going to hell. Put up or shut up, as I've seen people here say "Photos or it didn't happen".
If y'all don't believe in God, then as others have said, what's your problem? It's an empty threat, you can laugh at it, as I have laughed at various angry Americans on ATS who've told me that "Islamics" (sic) will come to my house and behead me, if I criticise "our" (sic) troops...

I'd have to know more about these alleged messages in order to be able to comment. They may be abusive, or maybe not. (By which I mean, the people sending them could mean well, although you wouldn't see it that way.)
V

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OP --

Not that this will likely be met with much luck, but it is my duty to remind you that unless you do, in fact, accept Jesus Christ as your own personal savior you will roast in eternal torment.

Fortunately there is a way out. Accept Christ. Say the sinner's prayer:

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against you and that my sins separate me from you. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to you for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of you. My greatest purpose in life is to follow your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

We will be waiting for you....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Soooo I guess you'll just be ignoring my challenge then? You may not see the image, but I quite clearly explained what it is and you should be able to understand the meaning of it. I'm challenging you to an actual debate on some issue.

Anyway, you should sort of know about the policies on ATS regarding u2us...discussing them generally without naming names, quoting, or screen shotting is allowed...sharing them on the forum directly is something that can get you temporarily banned.

In fact, not too long ago a user (who is now banned permanently) got in a bit of hot water for doing just that with a u2u exchange he had with me.

Now, it would entirely ridiculous and disingenuous to claim that nobody ever receives "You're going to hell" messages on the internet. It happens. Could they be well-meaning? Sure. Does that excuse them for being idiotic? No. There are child abuse cases in which the parent thinks that they're merely disciplining their children.

Of course, you'd rather just stay on the side of absolute ignorance here, so I can't really do much else. I'd love to actually try to discuss a subject with you, but you're basically going to lob personal attacks and question sources. Sure, you may need proof...but there's a standard of evidence. Quite ordinary claims, like an atheist on a web forum receiving messages telling them that they are going to hell, don't require all that much evidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Why? Where is the evidence for your claims? Why should I bother to accept them as valid when there are Muslims saying that I will be tormented for not praying towards Mecca and accepting that Allah is the only deity and Muhammad is his prophet?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the last one I got was from Cosmic, and he's no longer with us...at least under this name

I will never get why people let stuff on make them that angry. Posting on here isn't my job, I do it because I like discussing...and I just laugh at insults and picture whoever insults me being that angry German kid from the Youtube video

If you get angry, you can't think rationally...people who play poker know that!

PS: Madness, you don't need a "you'll go to hell" PMs, I think it's pretty much implied that you'll smoke cigars with Darwin in hell

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6675df2292a4.jpg[/atsimg]

No!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1f00a340004.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join