It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield tornados LIVE / Heavy damages (saw in live)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Someone said we are in a La Nina year which means more voilent weather. THat makes sense to me. Have you heard that?

Apparently, not.

I just looked it up:

EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO) DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION, issued by
CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP--5 May 2011

During April 2011, La Niña continued to weaken as indicated by increasing surface and subsurface temperature anomalies across the equatorial Pacific Ocean. The latest weekly Niño indices reflected below-average sea surface temperatures (SSTs) in the central and east-central Pacific (–0.6oC in Nino-4 and Nino-3.4 regions), and near-average to above-average SSTs in the eastern Pacific (–0.1oC in Nino-3 and +0.8oC in Nino-1+2 regions; Fig. 1 and Fig. 2). The subsurface oceanic heat content anomalies (average temperatures in the upper 300m of the ocean, Fig. 3) increased slightly, due to an expanded area of above-average temperatures at thermocline depth (Fig. 4). Consistent with other transitions to ENSO-neutral conditions, the atmospheric circulation anomalies related to La Niña remained considerable over the tropical and subtropical Pacific. Convection was enhanced over much of Indonesia and suppressed over the western and central equatorial Pacific (Fig. 5). Also, anomalous low-level easterly and upper-level westerly winds have persisted in this region. Collectively, these oceanic and atmospheric anomalies reflect a weakening La Niña, but with ongoing global impacts.

Current observed trends, along with forecasts from nearly all of the ENSO models, indicate La Niña will continue to weaken in the coming months, with a return to ENSO-neutral during May-June-July 2011 (three-month average in the Nino-3.4 index between –0.5oC and +0.5oC; Fig. 6). Thereafter, the majority of models and all multi-model forecasts (shown by the thick lines) predict ENSO-neutral conditions to continue through the remainder of 2011. However, the status of ENSO beyond the Northern Hemisphere summer remains uncertain due to lower model forecast skill at longer lead times.

La Niña will continue to have global impacts even as the episode diminishes. Expected La Niña impacts during May-July 2011 include suppressed convection over the west-central tropical Pacific Ocean, and enhanced convection over Indonesia. Potential La Niña impacts in the United States include an enhanced chance for below-average precipitation across southeastern Texas and Louisiana, and an increased chance of below-average temperatures for the Pacific Northwest (see 3-month seasonal outlook released on April 21st, 2011).

In other words.....another meaningless prediction founded upon meaningless causation assumptions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I thought about the dome while posting this actually

Well... it won't withstand a meteor

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Major Damage in Springfield City Centre

Springfield Police Dispatch

Confirmed Tornado touchdown in Springfield city center. Major damage reported.

Same as Fire service also flooding in Minot:

Mandatory evacuations in the lower areas of Minot due to high water have begun.

Soo many tornado's hitting populated areas is terrible.

Elf

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow, that is a monster storm.

I have a complaint amongst this dreadful event! Where in the Heck is Springfield??? Do people assume we know? I clicked on the Channel 6 News website SPRINGFIELD where ??????

The OP does mention NY, is it Springfield, NY?

Edit! Never mind, I see it, it is the word MASS, wow, I totally missed that from way out WEST! LOL, sorry for the Panic! Don't mind the guy in the back with his pants on fire! LOL

edit on 6/1/2011 by Greensage because: cuz I am blind, and I cannot read

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Yeah, it's Springfield, MA.

I live just west of West Springfield --- I'm grateful I'm on the safe end. Didn't see any high winds, just lots n lots of thunder, coming from 2-3 different directions at once.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Looks like we're getting ready for round 3 here in Wilbraham, MA. I live a mere 5 minutes away from Springfield and we're getting pounded with some lighting and thunder that's striking all around.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
News Update
Already one person confirmed dead, and many houses destroyed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow! Talk about unexpected places for tornadoes!...
Here's one today for Sacramento!

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA 318 PM PDT WED JUN 1 2011 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... NORTH CENTRAL SACRAMENTO COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA... EAST CENTRAL YOLO COUNTY IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA... * UNTIL 400 PM PDT * AT 312 PM PDT...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM POSSIBLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO WAS JUST WEST OF ARCO OR POWER BALANCE ARENA MOVING TO THE NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH. THE STORM MAY ALSO PRODUCE LARGE HAIL. * THE STRONG THUNDERSTORM AND POSSIBLE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR... POWER BALANCE ARENA...ELVERTA AND RIO LINDA BETWEEN 320 AND 335 PM. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

kamala.cod.edu...

Severe Weather Warnings:
kamala.cod.edu...

edit on 1-6-2011 by On the Edge because: Extra link added

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.mass.gov... Our Useless Gov. Deval is slightly less useless.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I thought these 2 cells were going to surely go right over and plow my town... but seems they have just separated and I will be in between the two.. Fun fun. Poor Springfield though they are getting hammered all day long

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My cousin brittney had her apartment near the Conn river in the West Springfield side when it formed. Her porch is gone, she had put her new born under a bed, and dive on 3 year old son as the windows exploded outward and her comforter and one of her pillows got sucked out a window. Glad they are alright.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Glad they're all safe though, Carpe. I saw it form too. I was right near that bridge in my truck, coming home from and waiting in traffic, when...BAM! Nader.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
WOW~

I've lived in MA almost my entire life until I recently moved to Las Vegas. Anyway...I must say this accompanied with all the other strange weather is absolutely FULL OF MEANING. Something is going on here and if you don;t think so you are in for a rude awakening when it becomes more frequent and in YOUR backyard! HAARP I don't know but I'm pretty sure now that all this solar activity, cosmic alignment, yada yada is ALL VERY REAL!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here is an incredible video my husband just showed me of two guys stuck in traffice while the tornado crosses the highway. Its unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I saw the tornado warnings on t.v. earlier today. I'm in Rhode Island and we just got the thunder. That was scary! I have never in my life seen a tornado around here and would've been terrified!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is about 25 miles from my house, we had tornado warnings here since around 2-ish. Starting around dinner the amount of lightning flashes has been ridiculous... and my phone is acting weird, internet connection is slow, and the FM radio was skipping through songs (the stations are also located in Connecticut). Weird.

I talked with someone who actually works a few miles from Springfield, MA, and he said when he left work the sky was almost black and the winds were incredible - he hadn't heard of the tornado yet. Luckily, he came back home by heading south first versus heading through Springfield (a tractor trailer was flipped!).

Connecticut remained pretty safe, but I was uncomfortably close to the tornadoes. Glad that's over with, I hope everyone from that area remains safe.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Yeah right man, what ever you say. The weather here has been very hot the last couple of days and when a cold front comes in, you get storms. Don;t try and make more of this then it is, grow up.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Agreed. A couple of my friends and someone on here in another thread were trying to blame Haarp. Unfortunately for that logic we have had weather fronts, storm cells, and tornadoes recorded around here for a long time. Unless Roses is claiming that weather is a conspiracy constructed by the man to keep the people down.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Sacreligion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I call HOAX,,, obvious C.G.I ,,,,,,

just kidding Dude,,, lol

Amazing,!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join