It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Springfield tornados LIVE / Heavy damages (saw in live)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi all, Springfield city has just been hammered by tornados (And there is a risk for tornado in New York city too).
Here is a picture from latest tornado :
yfrog.com...

Police station reporting it : live :
www.radioreference.com...

Additional link : live feed for this event. Note : just saw a tornado in front of the cam. It's so impressive.
www.emergencystream.com...

Additional link :
www.wggb.com...
"TORNADO TOUCHES DOWN IN WESTERN MASS
TORNADO REPORTED IN WEST SPRINGFIELD AND ALSO WESTFIELD - BREAKING NEWS!!

Police in Springfield are asking people to stay off the roads between downtown Springfield and Forest Park. Problems on Memorial Bridge including possible a turned over tractor trailer.

TORNADO WARNING: ALL of Western Massachusetts until 5:15 PM

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT between Now and 8:00 PM TODAY "

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Another Monster Tornado...

Now, Here comes the people blaming HAARP.

This is one hell of a Tornado Season.

I hope nobody lost their life.

ADD: Oh yeah, I see debris...or is that a UFO ?

edit on 1-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Severe damage in west Springfield now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just thought of something.

All these tornadoes lately supposedly stronger and more numerous than theyve been in a long time and popping up in strange places.

Could Camping have been right?

Is this the rapture?

All of these tornadoes sucking the chosen up to heaven?

Well, pieces of the chosen anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ah you beat me to making the thread

We have not had tornadoes here, at least ones that caused any damage in decades.

I have heard of all the Tornadoes out in the midwest but it really hits home when it happens near you. In my case a tornado touched down literally 15 minutes from me ( I'm on the border of MA, right below springfield really)

Here is a news station currently streaming it

Streaming Video

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yea!

This was my first time ever seeing a tornado. I was coming home from work and there it was. Holy [[snip]]

I pulled my car over and hoped for the best. Luckily, I didn't get hurt but I saw some of the destruction minutes after it happened. I hope everyone is alright that got hit by it.
edit on Wed Jun 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Before I opened this thread I assumed this was in missouri. This is on the east coast though. I did not think this type of weather was typical over there. Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wow amazing how fast technology gets this stuff out there.

there's already a youtube video showing the tornado.

Watch out Boston!

Edit: Here's another video that just came in.

edit on 1-6-2011 by LOLZebra because: adding video

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow I love technology. With all these technology it does not really keep us safe though? Too bad they can't use technology to build stronger homes and buildings.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Before I opened this thread I assumed this was in missouri. This is on the east coast though. I did not think this type of weather was typical over there. Am I wrong?

Tornado's can happen anywhere at anytime depending on the right conditions.
There have been tornado's in EVERY state even Alaska:
www.usatoday.com...

Tornado's are NEVER typical and each one is different..

Point being, they happen, they form,
MYTH: Areas near rivers, lakes, and mountains are safe from tornadoes.
FACT: No place is safe from tornadoes. In the late 1980's, a tornado swept through Yellowstone National Park leaving a path of destruction up and down a 10,000 ft. mountain.

MYTH: The low pressure with a tornado causes buildings to "explode" as the tornado passes overhead.
FACT: Violent winds and debris slamming into buildings cause most structural damage.

MYTH: Windows should be opened before a tornado approaches to equalize pressure and minimize damage.
FACT: Opening windows allows damaging winds to enter the structure. Leave the windows alone; instead, immediately go to a safe place.

I hope everyone is OK, and safe... The tornado footage was amazing
edit on 1-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wow I love technology. With all these technology it does not really keep us safe though? Too bad they can't use technology to build stronger homes and buildings.

Without technology we'd all just think this is some thunderstorm or rain storm. Thanks to technology and some alert systems people were warned before it happened. Probably saved some lives too.

No structure humans build will be able to withstand human nature when it unleashes its full force.

This was a small tornado though.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Cannot believe all this devastation is happening - so unreal..... Be safe!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

We can build stronger buildings of concrete and steel with basements. There are buildings that have been built to survive up to an F4 tornado. It is very possible now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

The thing is we only had a handful of tornadoes here in the past few decades.

I didn't even know tornadoes could happen over here. So nobody really focuses on that here. It would kinda be like building stuff thats earthquake proof when the nearest fault we have is in the mid-atlantic heh.

According to the police scanner they are about to get hit again..
some roof off a building was torn off..
and 2 people died.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Well we are in a cycle of increasingly more voilent weather. I think it is time for every city to prepare for that. Buildings are only built to withstand an F1 tornado that is unacceptable in this day and age.
That means it is very important to stay away from exterior walls or get to a basement.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Originally posted by LaTouffe
Here is a picture from latest tornado :

OMG! That is just insane.

What the hell is going on????

edit on 1-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Someone said we are in a La Nina year which means more voilent weather. THat makes sense to me. Have you heard that?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You have to see the video of the water spout on the bridge, it starts sucking all the water up and it passes over a bridge on the Charles river, I believe. More storms are forming to the west and another tornado touched down in Springfield 6:20 pm. I have my Bug out bag ready.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I live in massachusetts, and our weather reports are stating that these severe storms are heading directly our way. I'm willing to keep an update of the situation on this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

snip

No structure humans build will be able to withstand human nature when it unleashes its full force.

This was a small tornado though.

Quite Wrong actually Cheaper, Fireproof, Earthquake Proof Hurricane and Tornado Proof!

That’s the confidence Monolithic Domes offer. They meet or exceed FEMA’s standards for providing near-absolute protection. Monolithic Domes are proven survivors of tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and fires.
Cheaper and Safer than Traditional Build

I really hope everyone is ok, The thought of a tornado in downtown NY is awful I hope not, all the glass, my god My prayers are with you all.

The Hobbits knew what they were doing, get building your Domes!

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join