It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki, A history and a place to share experiences.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcfyre

well said. I agree there are times when you need "more" protection. Light workers are protected always, but there are instances where you will be challenged. A combination of meditation, buddhism, reiki, and my belief in angels and guides have given me all the protection i ever needed.
I have met the darkest of all energies i have ever felt on two separate occasions. If there was evil this was near it. I instantly found myself praying to Jesus, the buddha, repeating Oh mani padme hum, over and over, anything to get my vibration up. I never thought for a moment to use any symbols. For me reiki, meditation,prayer are all the same. they raise vibration and set intent. that's all i need. the forces/beings disappeared though it took all i had.
my point being. learn what you need to survive. don't live in fear. when you need your protection it will come.spirit is amazing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Christarella

in response to your question about women being more open to reiki than men.

as a man practicing reiki type healing, i have found that i personally have given reiki to more women than men. not sure what the reason is, its not too one sided but probably a 6-7 out of ten ratio. no difference in terms of response to the energy, male or female.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Thank you, J, I think I am just a little insecure about working on males because my man says he doesn't feel anything. (even though it can cure his heartburn lickety split and relieves his cold symptoms very well.) My son, on the other hand asks for it at least a couple of times a week. I have worked on my husbands best friend who raves about it and have worked on a neighbor who fell asleep just a few minutes into a session so I don't know why I am so bothered by it. I think because my husband is the person I need to feel most supported by, I guess. Thanks for your thoughts on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Thanks again for your post.
I got the book Essence of Reiki by Diane Stein now, already half way through and it s exactly what i was looking for.
Well written, interesting to read and easy to comprehend. Stars and flags for this one !

It quite strange to read in there, how the traditional Reiki teacher even let their students burn their notes they took in the course, in order to keep the whole thing secret.

It s a ridiculous idea that you would pay for a course, you make your own notes, and are forced to burn them.
It's about healing, and not some secret conspiracy meeting, innit ? :-))

So Diane Stein did a good job in writing her book.
As well I have seen (not read yet) there s a chapter on kundalini awakening, something that interests me as well, since I found it on ATS.

So, in the end the whole "conspiracy aspect" of Reiki maybe wasn't so bad, otherwise you would not find it on ATS

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
oops, double post. sorry
edit on 11-6-2011 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

thanks for the post, i'm here for you if you have any questions, i am open source.

please let me know of your progress i look forward to walking the path with you.make sure you use the kundalini technique while doing reiki, it is the extra trick/secret that the "masters" don't know. my girl just took level 2 to work with hospice patients. her "master" shared nothing of this technique. i tried to share with her, but she's not there yet. if she only knew.
I will share with you that diane's version of the hon she ze sho nen is different than usai's . I've seen 4 or five different versions, but it doesn't matter. It is the intention that you attach with the symbol that matters. i feel i can draw a straight line and if my intention is to send distance energy so it will be. the symbol is just a conscious form used to get you in touch with your unconscious abilities, it bridges the gap. I use the mantra "om mani padme hum" to do the same thing. you'll find out what works best for you. i still use diane's version with awesome results.
I will give you attunements via distance for free when you are ready, if you want em. I'm waiting on getting a video camera so we can do them in a more personal way, but money is tight so it might be a while.who ever coined the term starving artist sure hit the nail on the head

blessings

top topics

<< 1   >>

join