It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US actually want Israel to resolve the middle east situation and make peace with its neighb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
America invested heavily in Israels military. Its an army of at least 1 Million active conscripts, armor and the largest air force after America. Liebermann said it himself, if there was no Israel, America would need several battlefleets to replace all that hardware and manpower.

Now Imagine with all that hardware Israel not only made peace 30 years go, but improved relations and maybe even struck alliances with the major players in the middle east, becoming self sufficient, turning away from America. Why would the US want that?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Personally I want all other countries to stand on their own feet and take care of their own affairs.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its more about how AIPAC tells America how to conduct foreign policy with Israel.

Lobbying killed honest politics.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

We've always been a long standing ally with Israel and most of that stems on Religious beliefs.. With the tension in the middle east against Christianity and Judaism, unless the education system gets fixed there and EVERYONE realizes that Christians and Jews are not the end of the world that won't happen. Oh yeah and if there is peace in the middle east; I think that starts the end of the world... Right?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would like to see us abandon israel and bring our boys home from all theatres.
Build a "great Wall" of sorts with technology and work on manufacturing and technology.
The US could still be what I believed it was when I was a kid.
Problem is too much political theatre.

Anyone who is not a romantic dreamer knows there will never be peace in the middle east as long as it has one nation in particular still standing.
There must be a reason why this is so, and so many nations believe it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Israel defends itself... We don't use our troops there. We just give them money and left over equipment

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I doubt it.
1) its big business, lots of money to be made by military suppliers
2) the death toll from war is a form of population control.
3) they caputure the worlds energy resources

Remember, war is never fought by the people who start them. They get others to do that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
leiberman is an idiot

the worlds largest army and air force belong to the chinese thats a fact.

id love to see the sources on just how much america is in isreal.

if isreal when the way of the dinosaur nothing would change except you would have a middle east union

with complete and total control over the worlds oil supply.

maybe is idiots didnt cut this countrys military so much there would not be any need for so called allies.

and when it comes right down to it there is no nation in the world that has a true ally.

new topics

top topics

join