It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.4 Chile Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
While there is not a lot of information regarding this quake as it just happened.... Here is link

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Hoping for the best and really hope there are not any bigger to follow.

Peace!
edit on 1-6-2011 by MamaJ because: spelling ;-)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Beat me to it, just saw it now!

It's off shore, so lets hope minimal damage and no waves!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Do you mean Chile?

IRM

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Yeah I totally agree! Since the quake swarm in Arkansas of last year began I began studying and researching this subject for myself. I am sure there are lots more just like me too.

When the Quake happened in Japan is really when I wanted to figure out what would cause a massive one and I think...really think it has a lot to do with our Sun.

I have noticed when the Sun is very active within a few days we experience a 6 to 6+ Quake. I know tons of people may want to say the Sun has nothing to do with it but it has been my observation for the past year. I have told my family when I think one will happen, and guess what...it happens... So far anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

AHAHA! Yes, I meant Chile...( I am kinda hungry too)

My apologies!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sun and Haarp I guess....but most of the members here disagree with this theory....so it might be just a lucky guess here in my recent post ... again : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yes there is a definite correlation as of late between solar activity and tectonic activity. It's happening too much now to be considered coincidence, without further research surely?

I am not saying it isn't coincidence, merely that it requires being looked in to!

Why would solar activity, effect the tectonic plates though? What force is at work?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Earthquakereport.com is calling this one a "very dangerous earthquake" Red alert level actually saying it is right by (if not on) the beach....

A very strong earthquake occurred almost on the beaches of Lebu during the morning hours of June 1 2011. As the hypocenter of the earthquake is very shallow and very close to Lebu, Earthquake-Report.com calls this earthquake very dangerous (our red alert level)

earthquake-report.com...
edit on 1-6-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
surely this one has gotta be caused by the partial luna eclipse today.

I mean the sun really has a lot do with earthquakes.

no offence intended but that is bad science...

nothing to do with plate movement, that would be way to mainstream.........

best wishes for chile btw...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I actually think it is the energy that is released via flares.

I am just one person out of many I'm sure who is noticing the Sun shooting flares then a few days later BAM.... an EQ of 6 or higher happens.

For anyone who is interested please test it out like I have and let me know what you observe in regards to the Sun flares and EQ's.....I would love to hear you agree because frankly it has happened every single time in the last year the Sun flares pretty big.

Its like the energy the Sun puts out via flares does something with the magma and or energy with the plates, not sure. The only thing I know for sure is what I have observed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Bio Bio, chile just got hit by what I assume is an AS of 5.5.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

No offense taken....and may I add I hope you do not take offense when i say to you that while The partial eclipse may have something do with it, I don't know. Like I said I am basing my theory on observation. What are you basing yours on? Is it bad science too??

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

i totally agree

anyone who knows what a tuning fork is and how it works can understand why whenever the sun "farts" we "burp"

but no let's divide science, categorize, separate issues so people miss the forest for a tree.

makes it so much easier to debunk.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

hahaha....Thank you for the laugh! Your words ring so true to my ears and definitely could not have said it better.

Reports are coming in there was no damage so that is wonderful news!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by guessing

No offense taken....and may I add I hope you do not take offense when i say to you that while The partial eclipse may have something do with it, I don't know. Like I said I am basing my theory on observation. What are you basing yours on? Is it bad science too??

Until the solar flare theory is proven beyond a doubt, I will safely rest on current proven information, or science depending on how you wish to label it.

That being Geology, heard of it?
edit on 1-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

So what you are basically saying is that you cannot think for yourself, and you have to wait until something is in black and white until you can even consider it might be a possibilty? Go you!

edit on 1-6-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You say Partial Eclipse causes EQ's with no proof at all. I say what I think to be a cause by observation and you are quick to be negative and arrogant. Is this how you make friends? Be nice or go to the corner!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Magnitude 6 and above quakes used to be seen as 'big deals', but ever since the Japan's Godzilla quake no one seems to pay much attention.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Here ya go.....

en.wikipedia.org...

Please read this and then tell me what you think as this is not something I conjured up in my head and posted what I only think with no references or observations.

People that are quick to mouth off must learn to listen so there is a two conversation going....unless you just love to hear yourself speak a bunch of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

You say Partial Eclipse causes EQ's with no proof at all. I say what I think to be a cause by observation and you are quick to be negative and arrogant. Is this how you make friends? Be nice or go to the corner!

Its hard to work my way out of the naughty corner....

I am sorry, My partial eclipse causes earthquakes was nothing more than low witted sarcasm.

I would substitute negative for realistic and arrogant for confident,

but I am in the naughty corner without privelages...

edit on 1-6-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join