It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July protest to be held at state capitals nationwide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Have you heard about the non-violent protest to take place on the 4th of July?

What started as a Facebook movement here:
www.facebook.com...

Spread to YouTube here:
www.youtube.com...

And here:
www.youtube.com...

I seem to have trouble posting YouTube videos so click the links. Please be aware of ATS rules so that this thread can stay active and no one (like me) gets banned again. This is to inform for discussion, not a recruitment thread. It is very interesting to watch this movement grow because it means something different to each person and some people want to make it an international message.
edit on 1-6-2011 by UndesirableNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Here is the OP video embedded. Good luck y'all, happy protesting, I will be watching for news on the 4th for sure.
Maybe I will make it to maine on the fourth, but I doubt it, unless a winning lotto or wad of hundred dollar bills happen to blow by me at some point between now and the fourth.
edit on Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:29:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thank you! Can you also embed the other video as well? I keep trying by using the code the site provides and am not having much luck. Could be my browser. :/

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

Oh sure, done, I missed that one. I love that speach by Kokesh.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's a great speech. Iraq Veterans Against War is a great organization. Thanks, again.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hmmm, I just might be near Austin at that time. This sounds fun. Hopefully our jerk-off Texas representation takes the hint. Good luck to all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Really? A movement? If 260 people on FB is considered a movement then it's a joke!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Both videos were posted on the 29th, the first has 6700 views and the other 4000, so yeah quite a few people. We will just have to see if it catches on. I posted the first video on my facebook. I suggest everyone do the same, if you have one. His speech is actually quite moving.

Thanks to the original poster for the heads up. Star and flag.

edit on 1-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: fixed typos

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I don't know. I am not foolish enough to press "LIKE" even if I was in support of this. I can see it now please press "LIKE" if you want to be on a government list.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You have to start somewhere, considering there was only 50 people this morning and now it's 276.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

I don't know. I am not foolish enough to press "LIKE" even if I was in support of this. I can see it now please press "LIKE" if you want to be on a government list.

Please, do you have any idea how many protests take place in the US every day?

Trust me when I say, you will not be on any list......

You are not that special to the government.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UndesirableNo1

You have to start somewhere, considering there was only 50 people this morning and now it's 276.

I think it is a GREAT start. I am one of those who pressed the like button.

Keep spreading that word. I want to be at my states capital so badly!

I will find a way, if there is one.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I gave it a Like to let those I left behind in the US know about it.

edit on Wed, 01 Jun 2011 01:48:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Fantastic!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

276 "likes." Quite the national movement. I understan and appreciate the effort, but Americans just don't care. That is why we need the draft back; it is the ONLY way to make Americans care about policy. If there was a draft, we'd be out of Afghanistan and Iraq due to the protests. The young would get off their butts, video games and smartphones and lattes long enough to vote. The Right thugs would not be in office. The Left thugs would be cowering to the will of a riled electorate. The corporatists would be less successful making war for profit. TSA would not exist. So many other things. It just requires a draft.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I haven't thought about it quite like that, but I believe you might be right. It just takes the correct "overstepping of boundaries" to enact the wrath of the American people. However, in this current state of apathy, it might actually take something more than the draft. Not sure what that might be, but I do hope that it happens soon. I'm just so tired of the people of the Incorporated States of America. Nothing seems to phase us as a nation. Divided we have fallen asleep. It's just so freaking sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

That's the very thing you SHOULD do.
if everyone voices their dislike of the govt's actions,
and everyone gets on the watch lists,
it makes the lists useless.
150-200 million people on a 'watch list' makes it no better than a phone book.

And besides,

if you are too scared to voice your opinion,
then you have already given away
and therefore lost your freedom of speech.
your constitution is then not worth the paper its written on.
Game over. Govt wins, You lose.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Good luck with that. Nobody cares.

Unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

What's up with 'ol boys tattoo on his left shoulder in the second video. It changes position, shape and size. Check it out in the beginning, it soon changes.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

What's up with 'ol boys tattoo on his left shoulder in the second video. It changes position, shape and size. Check it out in the beginning, it soon changes.
that is weird to say the least,maybe its a temporary tat??anyway my dream is to see half the country descend on D.C and take our country back.Why let others stand for our freedoms?Everybody take a stand let them know we are done and over supporting the bankers,they have taken our lives,houses,our jobs,they have poisoned our food water and air what do we have to lose at this point?whats is left for them to take?I'm definitely going to make it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join