It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

show off your stockpile...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i'm surprised there isn't a thread that's all about people's stockade of supplies. i mean...it would be a good cross-reference tool. you could kinda see what others are planning and how much of what they have. i know a lot of people question how much they should store up for how many people. this could be very helpful for some. it's not like you're actually showing people your stockade...no one knows where you live.

i think it would be really helpful. read through everyone's lists, see what they thought of that you didn't. i don't know about naming off all your weapons, though. that may not be very conventional, as far as for cross referencing. plus, naming off all your weapons would just turn this into a gun show. i think a knife would be a very handy thing to have/list but i don't think everyone would benefit from learning that you have 13 aks, 2 glock 45s, a 50 caliber machine gun on top of your house and 5 billions rounds of ammo (or whatever incredibly long, detailed munitions lists i'm sure many have).

so what do y'all think? think it would be a good idea to kinda share inventories? be kinda like swapping recipes.
edit on 5/31/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Lol.
What's in your stockpile?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What you're asking would require folks break OPSEC rule 1.

This site is less secure than my underwear drawer.
edit on 31-5-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My camera broked but I am willing to list.
3 rounds of 22 long rifle, all I need is a gun.
3 used gatorade bottles of water.
1 pouch of mountain house beef stroganoff.

Are choo crezzy maing?
What they said.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A ray gun, wunderwaffe, and juggernog

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am not going to show off my concealing efforts that kind of defeats the purpose you know? Read the rules of Camouflage.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ok. obviously y'all think this is a bad idea or a joke. good to know.

i thought there would be some people who would actually find it helpful to swap ideas. guess not. or maybe no one who is actually stocking up has yet to respond.

whether this be a SHTF survival scenario or just a great depression, time to store up scenario. is the S gonna HTF? probably. is food about to get really expensive and possibly scarce, at least for awhile? yeah.
edit on 5/31/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i have 500 pounds of powdered water..

just add water...
edit on 5/31/11 by darrman because: add a line

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ummm< Please keep your stockpile secret. Do you really want the whole internet knowing your business? Why not just make recommendations of what to stock up on for people seeking information? This is an unbelievably stupid thread.
I seriously hope no one posts pictures. Sorry to be blunt, but I couldn't keep my mouth shut on this one.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No one in their right mind "shows off" their stockpile LMAO!! yeah, might as well hang an " open come loot or confiscate my stuff" sign on your front door.

We have a close community neighborhood with many like minded folks.. and we dont even share with each other what all we have in our stockpiles. Its an unwritten rule or understanding among more serious preppers.

G14 : add a Mountain House Raspberry crumble to your stockpile and you have a great tasty meal that should last you the entire zombie apocalypse. Im glad you have gatorade... it has electrolytes!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
ok. obviously y'all think this is a bad idea or a joke. good to know.

i thought there would be some people who would actually find it helpful to swap ideas. guess not. or maybe no one who is actually stocking up has yet to respond.

It might be a great idea for you to actually read more threads in this section... just a suggestion.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Bad idea, see what the pro's collect and ask why?
If it is for a good reason then mimic them if possible.
There are several folks on youtube just google prepper and they'll tell you about all the things you should have and generally why.
But it is bad to show your hand before the game has been called.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
alright. bad idea. thanks for letting me know.

i seriously doubt that the gov is gonna read through here, find the people who have "good lists" and save these addresses until it comes time to raid people's houses but i could be wrong. i know that big bro can and does keep up with a lot but i guess i've underestimated their ability or people's paranoia.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have like 6 bags of mini marshmallows and at least 100 tortillas. A few recycled bottles of water...but my sink filter needs to be changed so idk.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
One of the items I will say I have is a mountain house sampler from Costco.
For $40 US it has 10 pouches of 3,3,2,2 four different style meals.
2 servings per pouch, shelf life till 2018.
2 bucks a serving and would be ideal for a starter or 72 hour kit.
I'll eat these camping, or recreational and rotate em out every so often.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here I will give you a couple of links to help you out the first is a great blog about camouflage: www.survivalblog.com...

This one is about the art of concealment: www.survivalblog.com...

This one is a great way to start your prep if you are new to it a whole host of things to do: www.stevequayle.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you spend years creating a stockpile, learning, reading, tweaking your stores, why would you go out an tell other people what you have prepared? What benefit could it possibly bring you?

Better yet, when your neighbor has watched his starving kids for a couple weeks, and he decides he is going to take what he and his family need to survive, it won't be stealing, it will be surviving, and who is he going to come visit?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I might be doing something wrong.

Am I supposed to be piling my stocks or stocking my piles?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

sorry to plug another website but i would check out www.whenshtf.com they have great stuff about preping this site is more an all around website . when shtf is more about end of the world chaos type stuff i learned a lot and how and what to prep. hope this helps.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/683a14fb8307.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join