It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking news about future Earth changes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Originally posted by zbrain75

2. It is very likely that solar activity and electromagnetic interfacing between heavenly bodies will produce Electromagnetic Pulses (EMP) of enough magnitude to not only destroy the power grid, but to destroy most electric and electronic devices (unless properly shielded and may destroy them even if they are shielded).

zbrain, I never seen anything about EMPs being cause substantial damage, if any, to electronic circuits.

They affect the impedance of circuits, wires and fields so that they become disrupted of shut down, until being re-powered. They attack the flow of energy, and not the components, although some damages may result from this shutdown.

An Electro Magnetic Pulse, or EMP, is a traveling magnetic field.

When a magnetic field traverses a conductor at right angles it induces
current flow.

Even if your electronics and electrical appliances are off a large enough
EMP can actually physically damage them from the current generation.

Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) causes blackout on 13 March 1989

At 2:45 AM on March 13, 1989 electrical ground currents created by the magnetic storm found their way into the power grid of the Hydro-Quebec Power Authority. Giant capacitors tried to regulate these currents but failed within a few seconds as automatic protective systems took them off-line one by one. Suddenly, the entire 9,500 megawatt output from Hydro-Quebec's La Grande Hydroelectric Complex found itself without proper regulation. Power swings tripped the supply lines from the 2000 megawatt Churchill Falls generation complex, and 18 seconds later, the entire Quebec power grid collapsed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have a very important and interesting question, Does the change in the Electromagnetism, effects our biological system and our brain. Cause i in have been diagnosed with many symptoms that are connected with Epilepsy and recently i have been feeling some very strange effects that are all related to Migraines symptoms. I think this is very important because the effects from Elenin could have very serous alterations not only to our electronic devices but our bodies too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by zbrain75

Despite the (apparent) work and effort to compile....

....my eyebrows can't help but prepare for the inevitable approach of my palm, when I see so many of the "references" link to the likes of:

'bibliotecapleyades.net' AND, that "darling" of ATS ---- wnd.net.

I thing there is enough fear-mongering, for one decade already.....and barely into it, first year......

(Well....at least the word "Proof!" doesn't appear in the thread title. That's something.....)

edit on Tue 31 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Not sure if you know (escuse me for assuming if you do) but biblioteca means library in spanish, often confused with bible.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great job OP! I started another thread just based on alignments of C/2010 X1, the Sun, Earth and our other inner solar system planets and how they correlate with a significant increase of earthquakes that are 5.0 magnitude or above. You obviously have done a ton more research on this subject than I have, so hats off to you! I'm glad there is someone else out there doing such a great job proving that there is something coming!
Cheers!

S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh and OP, don't pay attention to "Weedwhaker", he is obliviously paid by the PTB and all he does is try to discredit our data and evidence. I learned to just ignore him. The good thing here is since he's already all over your thread, you know you're on to something. Keep up the great work!

edit on 1-6-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

That's exactly what we need now.

Ten more Elenin threads, yeehaaw.

Keep up the good work buddy !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Not sure if you know (escuse me for assuming if you do) but biblioteca means library in spanish...

Yes, know this. Can read and understand most basic Spanish.

IF you look through that site, though...."library" is hardly an apt description for the silliness there.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So this 'ribbon' we are heading into, has 6000 degrees of heat? would that not melt the Oort cloud? and the Earth's surface once the Earth was in it? Am I missing something somewhere?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
Great job OP! I started another thread just based on alignments of C/2010 X1, the Sun, Earth and our other inner solar system planets and how they correlate with a significant increase of earthquakes that are 5.0 magnitude or above. You obviously have done a ton more research on this subject than I have, so hats off to you! I'm glad there is someone else out there doing such a great job proving that there is something coming!
Cheers!

S&F

The good thing about those kind of threads is I have just learned to ignore them.

well mostly

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

LOL! You're ignoring these kind of threads? Then why are you reading them?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I just came across this thread, which is about EMP bombs, but gives more specifics of the effects upon electrical circuitry-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It repeats what I have found in other sources-

This pulse of energy produces a powerful electromagnetic field, particularly within the vicinity of the weapon burst. The field can be sufficiently strong to produce short lived transient voltages of thousands of Volts (ie kiloVolts) on exposed electrical conductors, such as wires, or conductive tracks on printed circuit boards, where exposed.

It is this aspect of the EMP effect which is of military significance, as it can result in irreversible damage to a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment, particularly computers and radio or radar receivers. Subject to the electromagnetic hardness of the electronics, a measure of the equipment's resilience to this effect, and the intensity of the field produced by the weapon, the equipment can be irreversibly damaged or in effect electrically destroyed. The damage inflicted is not unlike that experienced through exposure to close proximity lightning strikes, and may require complete replacement of the equipment, or at least substantial portions thereof.

(sorry, I wanted to put it in quotes, but it is impossible! I have no way to paste it in the pop up window, and I cannot retype all that it! Mods, if there is another way of doing it, please let me know? On this french keyboard, I do not have those squared- like brackets either, so cannot put the html code myself)

In "One Second After", by William Forstchen, which paints the potential of what would happen in case of an EMP bomb in America, much of the electrical devices were destroyed forever. And I know he did a lot of serious research when he wrote it. (an interesting book, by the way- makes you think about all such a thing would entail!)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yep, another one....I know, you've been doing the research and it all points to another big end of the world doom and gloom....blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada.......Let me know how this works out for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Actually, this "ribbon" could be the same one that stranded Guinan in the "nexus" Thank God Captain Jon Luc Picard went in there found Jim Kirk, kicked the crap out of that guy with the scar on his face and set the universe right again....whew.....!!!! That, was a close one....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be some large body inbound or something outside of our Solar System that's set to destroy us? Seriously is it hard to believe that our Sun runs on a cycle, Which can sometimes contribute to mass extinctions?
edit on 1-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ZBrain75 I have a question. What do you think about the findings of Patrick Geryl?
I remember seeing this video on his webpage in Febuary of this year and thinking little of it but now that I have looked back at each of the dates I do show that we had some natural disaster on that day.

How does your theory work with his about what the sun is going to do?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

an case of farady will give protection?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ultimately these threads are nothing more then chicken little nonsense until there is something solid

i say that because thats what it is

keep saying the sky is falling and when it really is, no one will listen to you or anyone else

these threads need to stop until something solid comes along

man i cant wait till 2013 and everyone shuts the hell up at least until another thing comes along

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLiesman i cant wait till 2013 and everyone shuts the hell up at least until another thing comes along

LOL! I sure hope you're right! Of all the 40 years I have been here on Earth, I have never felt as strong as I do about this. I really feel like something is coming that will be unprecedented to anything we have in remotely recorded history. Again, I hope I am wrong and you are right, so we can all live a life without impending fear, celebrate and move on!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A lot of this kinda reminds me of the info in this PDF.

www.contendingfortruth.com...

Good post OP!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

New Madrid Fault NLE

I recommend watching this entire hearing. There was a great deal of testimony on pending legislation and the state of readiness in the event of a major power failure. We no longer manufacture the critical components to repair the transformers and this hearing is a chilling reminder that throwing money at the problem and shifting responsibility around to new commissions will not be helpful in shielding us from the effects of a potential power failure.

Link to the entire hearing
edit on 1-6-2011 by BackandtothelefT because: spelling

edit on 1-6-2011 by BackandtothelefT because: Added video

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join