It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Sarah Palin Plays Pinky Tuscadero Obama Tours Joplin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by The Old American
While Obama visited Joplin, volunteers, fire and rescue teams, and police stopped working for hours so the Prez could get a "look I'm a humanitarian" photo op. 29 people are still missing. He should've grabbed a shovel and started working.

When A President Visits a Disaster Site, Work Stops?

/TOA

that determination is made by secret service, presidents are not as free as you think, infact they are badgered to death.

The Prez could have called them off. He could have told them "those people have to continue trying to rescue people". He is that powerful. And don't get me wrong, I'm not just bashing Obama. Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc. would've had the same thing done. And none of them would have helped out.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc. would've had the same thing done. And none of them would have helped out.

Bush only did a helicopter flyover of New Orleans after Katrina, and the press crucified him for not being on the ground. He later wrote in his book that he did not want to disrupt the workers on the ground with his presence, and that was the reason he chose the flyover.

Obama surely watched what happened to Bush, and decided the political backlash was more important than the rescue efforts, and he chose to go in there anyway.

Bush might not have been the best president ever, but he had more integrity than Obama. It seems Obama's only concern is re-election.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I find it sad that this thread is trying to slam Palin & praise Obama, Obama deserves no praising what so ever, FEMA arent providing the help they should to these people, so how does it suddenly make it to those families who've lost everything, 'oh look daddy, we've lost all our belongings and our house and our car, but its ok, theres an african american man in a suit!'

Changes nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Bush might not have been the best president ever, but he had more integrity than Obama. It seems Obama's only concern is re-election.

No, I'm afraid I've got to disagree with you about obama (gasp). obumbles is not concerned with re-election it's already in the bag, the cemeteries, accorn and the press'll see to that. What obama craves is the lime-light he lives to be the center of attention.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

LOL! Maybe you are right.

At least we agree that his actions prove he was not motivated by the best thing for the safety and welfare of the people in the rubble. Of course, it has been pretty obvious from the start that he is not interested in helping any people, just big business, big government, and big egos!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
reply to post by gorgi

How is Obama doing better then Bush? Has he got us out of all the illegal wars? No. Has he cut spending? No. Has he gave the finger to the elite? No.

Really ? Is that a serious question ?

Obama didnt wreck the economy, bush did. Obama is trying to fix it.
Bush Unnecessarily invaded Iraq, Obama is winding it down.
The list goes on.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

No president wrecked the economy. Special interests and big banking wrecked the economy. Obama isn't trying to fix it, but he was supporting Pelosi and the other Dems that are trying to delay the recovery indefinitely by overspending and encumbering all future incomes!

Bush wasn't perfect, but Obama is not the solution. Neither is Palin.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

No president wrecked the economy. Special interests and big banking wrecked the economy. Obama isn't trying to fix it, but he was supporting Pelosi and the other Dems that are trying to delay the recovery indefinitely by overspending and encumbering all future incomes!

Bush wasn't perfect, but Obama is not the solution. Neither is Palin.

I disagree. The tax cuts the Bush made and the increase in spending just racked up the debt. debt is okay in moderation the US government but Bush added unnecessary debt. The lack of oversight by the bush administration also helped cause the economics downturn.

Obama has been helping. Tarp and the stimulus package did help. There is no denying that. the health care bill that passed is a step in the right direction. He is winding down the war in Iraq. I could go on.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

How can you say Bush's tax cuts and spending hurt the economy, and at the same time say Obama's spending has helped the economy? That just doesn't make any sense?

I agree with you on oversight and regulation. The past couple of Administrations and Congresses have dropped the ball and let big corporations and banking cartels take over the running of the country's finances. We are in seriously deep doodoo!

However, I disagree that TARP did anything to help. It seems everything the government does only makes things worse. The best possible thing for the economy right now would be a deep and steep depression, so that we could get to the point of actually recovering! You just can't dig your way out of a hole. At some point, you just stop and let it pile in around you and struggle to climb for the top. We are at the point that the government needs to take its hands off the economy, and let the market correct itself.

Personally, I would void the tax cuts, streamline the tax code and make sure everyone above $25k per year is paying a flat tax rate. I would do away with loopholes and deductions, I would get rid of the cap on Social Security tax, and I would cut spending drastically and painfully. I would demand a balanced budget this year, and I would demand a major cut in the national deficit year by year until the deficit is gone. I would not raise the debt ceiling a single cent, and in fact, I would enact legislation that would systematically lower the debt ceiling year by year! I would undo much of the recent legislation, such as paying interest to banks on their reserves. That was a stupid piece of legislation that caused the banks to stop lending, and thus caused any recovery or growth to immediately stagnate.

We need some hard-nosed truth about the state of the economy, and we need some politicians that are willing to make unpopular decisions for the good of the country. See my signature banner, LOL!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Bushes tax cuts hurt the economy because it mainly went towards the rich. The rich do not spend extra money because their tax rate went down from lower to really low. Trick down/supply side/voodoo economics does not work. If the cut had been to the middle class it would have been better.
Bush spent the money in the wrong place. He spent most of the money in the military and related industries. He didnt spend enough to make the economy boom but spent enough that it caused more pointless debt. Its go big or go home. If there had been a huge war, the the economy would have boomed. (I am not advocating war.)

Tarp did work. and so did the stimulus and the auto "bailout".

The flat tax is a bad idea. I know Paul likes it but its a bad idea. The flat tax shifts the burden from the rich to the poor. The low and middle classes cannot afford such high taxes. They spend most of their money, and that would be better for the economy. Taxing the rich at a higher rate is better because they can afford the tax rates and thats is where the money is too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by The Old American

Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., etc. would've had the same thing done. And none of them would have helped out.

Bush only did a helicopter flyover of New Orleans after Katrina, and the press crucified him for not being on the ground. He later wrote in his book that he did not want to disrupt the workers on the ground with his presence, and that was the reason he chose the flyover.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I reverse my original statement: I am bashing Obama. Thank you for pointing out yet another facet of just how disgusting this man is.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by getreadyalready

Bushes tax cuts hurt the economy because it mainly went towards the rich. The rich do not spend extra money because their tax rate went down from lower to really low. Trick down/supply side/voodoo economics does not work. If the cut had been to the middle class it would have been better.
Bush spent the money in the wrong place. He spent most of the money in the military and related industries. He didnt spend enough to make the economy boom but spent enough that it caused more pointless debt. Its go big or go home. If there had been a huge war, the the economy would have boomed. (I am not advocating war.)

Tarp did work. and so did the stimulus and the auto "bailout".

The flat tax is a bad idea. I know Paul likes it but its a bad idea. The flat tax shifts the burden from the rich to the poor. The low and middle classes cannot afford such high taxes. They spend most of their money, and that would be better for the economy. Taxing the rich at a higher rate is better because they can afford the tax rates and thats is where the money is too.

You said:

"Tarp did work. and so did the stimulus and the auto "bailout"."

Let me just say this:

None of what you are saying is true, and the above statement is exhibit 1 to prove that.

But I have a possible explanation:

A visitor from a parallel universe or "brane" who doesn't realize it yet. Where events have happened similarly, but differently from ours.

edit on 6/1/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Follow up on previous post to show that obama's policies have in fact NOT worked.

source on auto industry

source on manufacturing

source on jobs

source on housing

Oh, and the stock market is down over 200 points today based on the links I just posted. You do realize that almost everyone's retirement and pension money is also tied to the stock market ...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Follow up on previous post to show that obama's policies have in fact NOT worked.

source on auto industry

source on manufacturing

source on jobs

source on housing

Oh, and the stock market is down over 200 points today based on the links I just posted. You do realize that almost everyone's retirement and pension money is also tied to the stock market ...

Please tell me this this is a joke.

Your link on the auto industry proved my point.

U.S. auto sales cooled off in May as buyers dealt with shortages on dealer lots, higher gas prices and sharply lower incentives. And the deals aren't likely to come back until the end of this summer

What that means is that they are selling so much stuff that there are shortages and the smaller deals means that they can sell the cars with out the huge discounts.

As for manufacturing, take a look.

As for unemployment rate, it is going to drop, then rise a little, then drop more, then rise a little ect... and so will the stock market. If you ever look at a graph of it. It will go up and down.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If you're referring to what you've been posting, then yes it has to be a joke.

It's really the only explanation, since NO ONE ANYWHERE seems to be sharing your enthusiasm.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

If you're referring to what you've been posting, then yes it has to be a joke.

It's really the only explanation, since NO ONE ANYWHERE seems to be sharing your enthusiasm.

I was referring to your posts. It appears that you didnt read the articles that you had posted. I was just wondering if it was a joke because it agreed with what I was saying and the rest easily disproved.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Another example of how low she will go. Ride into a town of devastation and use it for her self centered gold digging campaign. If she was any type of person instead of turning it into a circus. She would have come there with some supporters to do something constructive to help Joplin instead of use Joplin.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by gorgi

Another example of how low she will go. Ride into a town of devastation and use it for her self centered gold digging campaign. If she was any type of person instead of turning it into a circus. She would have come there with some supporters to do something constructive to help Joplin instead of use Joplin.

Uh, has Palin actually gone to Joplin?

In other words, what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sorry I misread the article. But my sentiment is still the same. If she can't help she should shut up.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

The flat tax shifts the burden from the rich to the poor. The low and middle classes cannot afford such high taxes.

A flat tax could easily be designed to avoid those little hiccups. For example: Everybody pays 15% tax on all gross income above $10,000 per legal dependent (including self) per year. I do not have the studies in front of me, but studies show that this would increase the total tax revenue, while lowering the tax burden on the average American family.

We could also fix social security in the same way. No social security/medicare tax on wages below a set level, and no cap on the upper level. More money goes into the social security system AND more money stays in the pockets of those at the lower end of the income spectrum.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join