It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban hail rogue Afghan soldier as hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Taliban hail rogue Afghan soldier as hero

www.smh.com.au

The renegade Afghan soldier who shot and killed an Australian digger is reportedly being hailed as a hero by the Taliban.

Lance Corporal Andrew Jones was shot as he stood sentry duty in the Chora Valley with a supposed ally, who then escaped.

According to tribal elders in the region, the Afghan soldier has since been adorned with fake flowers by a Taliban commander and paraded around as a hero on the back of a motorbike, News Ltd reports.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
so how does the government explain this to the families.

how do they explain that their son was sent over to a war zone and killed. in a battle.....NO. Im sorry mr and mrs Jones...your son was shot in the back while on point duty by a mongrel who we gave weapons too, helped train up, allowed him into the safety of our bases and he then shoots our brave soldier in the back!

when will this madness end. bring them all home now. the enemy wont fight like men as they know they cant beat us in a fair fight.

www.smh.com.au

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

how do they explain that their son was sent over to a war zone and killed. in a battle.....NO. Im sorry mr and mrs Jones...your son was shot in the back while on point duty by a mongrel who we gave weapons too, helped train up, allowed him into the safety of our bases and he then shoots our brave soldier in the back!

when will this madness end. bring them all home now. the enemy wont fight like men as they know they cant beat us in a fair fight.

www.smh.com.au

Its odd though how the other side will use the same rational, "dirty mongrels that invaded our country"

has nothing to do with winning a fair fight, it would only be fair if they had billions and fighter jets too, they fight how they do to "WIN" either way I agree that the US should pull out but not because the other team wont play fair in war.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Simple fact is we shouldn't have been there in the first place..
We have slaughtered countless thousands of innocent civilians while supposedly saving them from the Taliban..
We may have killed this guys entire family for all I know..

Though I don't condone this Afghans actions, I can see why the allies are despised by many Afghans..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not like I respect soldiers for being led to wars like children to candy
But hmmm you are paying for this crap to happen.
Why is America even in pakistan? To stop opium growth?
Or thats what you are lead to believe in whilst they smuggle tons of heroin into US Borders.

I don't like the way Americans always ask for a good leader to "lead" them when
they should take things into their hands and stop being the sheep.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you invaded my country to steal my natural resources; I would do my utmost to make your stay as uncomfortable as possible.

edit on 31-5-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i can see all the above points of view. i agree if the shoe was on the other foot, and they were in our country we would do all we could.

in that case ..... i review my above statements but i still think we should come home. bring all the troops home and leave them to their own in fighting. its just vietnam/korea all over.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

op this is possibly the dumbest thing i've read today, you speak of a fair fight. well tell me whats fair about american fighters, strategic bombers and tactical jets dropping bombs on the enemy from the air? are you fighting like men?

as much as I hate the taliban your comment is ignorant, the taliban are fighting with no technology. your army on the other hand has the best technology and they still choose to kill off the enemy from the air.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hindenburg

first of all its never a fair fight to be killed by being shot in the back by someone you trust. and you may want to read some other threads...im sure you can find something else just as stupid to read.

p.s ....read my last post. and may i suggest some anger management.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

first of all its never a fair fight to be killed by being shot in the back by someone you trust. and you may want to read some other threads...im sure you can find something else just as stupid to read.

Small point, but where does it state he was shot in the back??
Or is that merely to make it sound more sinister?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Each and everyone gets what they deserve. What we today call taliban or alqeida will tomorrow be Anonymous.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Small point, but where does it state he was shot in the back??
Or is that merely to make it sound more sinister?

its reported widely that he was here in australia. will find it and post.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

its reported widely that he was here in australia. will find it and post.

I'm in Australia and I've heard no mention that he was shot in the back..
I did hear he was hit 4 times though..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What a load of crap!
Australian ASIO spies at their best here.

To the Taliban this Australian is just another infidel soldier, he is nothing special. How many Americans, Afghani military, english etc etc are killed daily?

To believe this man who shot an Australian is being hailed is a load of crap.

This is the Australian Government/ASIO attempting to agit8 the Australian population into backing this war.

Support for this ill fated war is losing ground, and with each death it just loses further ground, so why not try to enrage the public by thinking an Australians death is being applauded.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

www.smh.com.au

I know you kind of retracted part of this statement, but this is the kind of thinking which leads me to feel utter despair.

Are you seriously trying to say that the allies fight fair? They never invade a country with an army equal to or stronger than their own. Can you even tell me that they respect the Geneva convention?

Here, let me remind you some of the things they do:

:Let's start with a quote from Kissinger: "Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

edit on 1-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
YES....yes i did retract part of my original statement. please, maybe its the fact that im going through the death of a boy very close to me who died mothers day aged 14 that i just cant handle any death at the moment that just seems so sensless. any death of someone young, no matter what just seems a absolute waste. why cant we stop the deaths and the killing....for christ sake we are supposed to be the superior species. just freaking stop it all on both sides.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

YES....yes i did retract part of my original statement. please, maybe its the fact that im going through the death of a boy very close to me who died mothers day aged 14 that i just cant handle any death at the moment that just seems so sensless. any death of someone young, no matter what just seems a absolute waste. why cant we stop the deaths and the killing....for christ sake we are supposed to be the superior species. just freaking stop it all on both sides.

Sorry for your pain..

But remember, we the superior species kill far more than these uneducated rabble...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

...your son was shot in the back while on point duty by a mongrel who we gave weapons too, helped train up, allowed him into the safety of our bases and he then shoots our brave soldier in the back!

did you actually use the word mongrel?

you should be ashamed

I too am sorry for your loss, but you should consider that a fair amount of people who actually live in that country have lost their loved ones too.

People who never asked for our brave soldiers, or brave soldiers from anywhere, to be there in the first place. Many times their lost loved ones were innocents - all lost at the hands of brave soldiers.

War is not a pretty thing bellagirl. Our need to feel righteous and superior is sometimes the only thing that sees us through. These attempts to rationalize only polish the ugly off the surface of a war just long enough for us to feel OK about our involvement.

Maybe we will actually be a superior species, and all the death and killing will stop when we can treat everyone on this planet with respect and lose this notion that some of us are not only superior, but 'more' superior.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
if no australian ever participate in this US led illegal war in afghanistan, im sure no australian will be killed..

why australian send soldiers to fight and die for USA? money and gift from USA in exchange for australian boys?

top topics

join