It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Secret Patriot Act, Senator Says!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

There's a Secret Patriot Act, Senator Says!

www.wired.com

Congress is set to reauthorize three controversial provisions of the surveillance law as early as Thursday. Wyden (D-Oregon) says that powers they grant the government on their face, the government applies a far broader legal interpretation — an interpretation that the government has conveniently classified, so it cannot be publicly assessed or challenged. But one prominent Patriot-watcher asserts that the secret interpretation empowers the government to deploy ”dragnets” for massive amounts of information on private citizens; the government portrays its data-collection efforts much diff
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fabioghioni.net

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What is happenning here?
Democracy? Human Rights?
Step by step we run to the Martial Law and to an Orwellian nightmare!

This is becoming Nazi Germany, the only difference is that the mass doesn't know it's an information concentration camp.

How can we continue to criticize China and North Korea when we have this going on here?

As usual, It’s always worse than we know...

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

At one time Watergate was a huge deal. Now it's water gate in everyone's home. They may as well require that you have a camera in every room. I bet they will have allot of fun with that.

S&F

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The really REALLY secret, secret patriot act is even more simple.

"We are the US federal government, we have no real constraints, we can do as we please and, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it"

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Was reading about this the other day on this site actually.

Hopefully people here in the US wake up and see this, not that it would change anything without some sort of revolt/uprising, but still...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

What is happenning here?
Democracy? Human Rights?

Our leaders are recognizing the fact that the world is becoming unmanageable. In their desperate attempt to maintain control they will strip us of any freedom they see as a threat to their power. I used to think that this would never happen in the USA, but I now believe that it is happening right before our eyes.

We cannot expect to be given more freedoms. As the world continues to decay what we have now will continue to be stripped away. The whole concept of a free nation is now pass'e. You might as well start talking about the good old days.

I think the government now realizes that terrorism, or simply the threat of terrorism, is the key to justifying the removal of our freedoms. Most people will never see through this facade and will willingly give up their rights and freedoms for the elusive and imaginary hope of safety.

edit on 5/31/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi OP and All,

Seem to me, it's been happening just after 911. As geigner says capitilize on such things. In my opinion, Patriot Act was the newly formed resin of that disaster to my American Friends in NY back then.
Your elected officials (the congressional members/senators) you vote into office, should change that presidential sirrum. I don't suggest eliminating the act, but making it concurrent to reality and toward the continued health of American Peoples. Dunno.. but that's how I feel about it my US Friends.

Decoy

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know, I've read the full article and tried to find some motivation for it (meaning an ulterior underlying motive) and I can't. At least not yet, unless the senator is vying for position, which I doubt at the moment.

I could speculate that adding fear to an already fearful public might be the agenda, but what would that accomplish?

If that WERE the motivation, it would have a negative effect I believe in that, the more secrecy that keeps developing, the more underground organizations that will be created/addition, in a world where they want these undergrounds attrition.

Ultimately, even if there IS no problem, so long as this rhetoric keeps circulating, it will only succeed in accomplishing one thing, bringing the USA closer and closer to another civil war/revolution. More wars have been fought over perceived problems than actual problems.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
People are wondering the motive behind what the OR senator is saying;
Fact is all but 1 Rep. in OR, voted against the act.
Their votes stood for OUR freedom.
The statements do no stand for fear, but truth of what is really going on.
edit on 31-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Get ready for the "Police State" and Gestapo style COINTELPRO operations.

Maybe, that is a h u g e maybe, once it happens people will wake up, of course as it was said;

all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
source

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Don't listen to ADVISOR... Be good Americans and true patriots, and get ready to go shopping.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
"We are the US federal government, we have no real constraints, we can do as we please and, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it"

lol, that is until 10 Million people march
on Washington DC with pitchforks.
Then we shall see if nothing can
be done about it

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hope you all know....the U.S. Gov't is in "partnership" with the corporations to exchange information about all of us. The corporations gets information they could never dream of having about their "customers" (read: U.S. Taxpayers) and the U.S. Gov't gets "intelligence" information about the potential enemy (read: U.S. Taxpayers) which would normally be to expensive for their budget to collect on their own.

That's what the Patriot Act has always been about.

Think of it as a "free trade agreement" of sorts.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

lol, that is until 10 Million people march
on Washington DC with pitchforks.
Then we shall see if nothing can
be done about it

If on any given night, or any given day you can get 10 million people away from their televisions, video games and internet devices, and motivate them to march on Washington for something like this, you will have created a real miracle, one that even God himself would admire.

Good luck.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I agree with you. The boundaries . . . such as they are . . . are horrendous now.

However, we have had ALL our electricity based communciations monitored by literally acres of computers for more than 40 years--at least more than 40 years. We have not had much privacy for a long time.

The Constitution has become a charade, an illusion.

Our cherished 'freedoms' have become a charace, an illusion.

Even 'free will' has become a charade, an illusion in far too many cases.

Propaganda and mass emotional manipulations of the populace has gotten more and more sophisticated.

I doubt SElections have been remotely fair or anything close to an ELECTION for decades.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I agree with almost everything you said, but the below.

Free Will is intrinsic to human beings, not the absence of or the creation of legislation.

You have the freewill to speak anywhere anytime you want, to kill anyone anywhere and anytime you want, to pillage, maim anywhere anytime you want.

And respective governments/police have the freewill to arrest you for breaking the law. But your freewill remains intact as it always did.

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Even 'free will' has become a charade, an illusion in far too many cases.

new topics

top topics

join