It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precrime device being tested by Homeland Security in Northeast US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by markygee
load of bollocks if youll pardon my French. They had all on getting good xray machines installed and working that can literally see you naked and now we have a mind probe that can read your intentions...I don't think so. How would you calibrate it? how would it tell the difference between a mind that's contemplating the ending of a good action/thriller book or film and a mind contemplating an unlawful act?

No, I'm afraid its not. There is a YouTube video of a 'commercial' for lack of a better word from the manufacturer demonstrating the technology. The video was not intended for public consumption. They demonstrate how 'awesome' it would be to be able to screen everyone that attended a sporting event - and how they can process X number of people per minute with the technology.

I will hold back until I see the vid, do u have a link perhaps? I just can't see how they could roll this out mainstream in some sort of bladerunneresque manner without lots of questions being answered, one being... how can it tell the difference between someone who will carry out an action and someone who agrees with every fibre of their being that the action should be carried out but won't do it themselves?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You've been really nailing this subject lately.

Starting to think maybe you need your own forum.

When you look at all the news about new laws and court decisions saying the cops don't have to have a warrant to enter your home and you have no right to resist even if what they are doing is illegal.

Add the new technology like in the OP, the automatic license plate scanners in LA, and the phone scanners in Michigan.

Sounds like the 4th amendment is truly dead.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This thread provides me an opportunity to share and add some additional material to this thread by using the technology and the development of equipment mentioned to add some related thoughts to this decent thread.

These pre-crime devices are just big business, where investment in the devices then partners with those that can ensure a steady and large volume of sales. This is what passes for capitalism these days, but OK,with all the greed, bribes and cash can influence or buy, there is also that more dark sinister side of such technology advances that seldom gets discussed. It is perhaps too much reality for some and so for that reason I will only mention the material briefly and leave it for you to research if you are so inclined to expand your understanding of such technologies and their possible uses or misuses.

Recently, in January of this year, DARPA began Project Mind's Eye. A project that is well funded by the big players to begin giving cameras the ability to know what they see so as to make a decision based on what the camera eye sees and determines. This is needed for AI to then be used in certain decision making processes and certain military weapons systems.

Link to background info on DARPA Project Mind's Eye:
www.kurzweilai.net...

Technology is being advanced in many new ways that we may find amusing and ha ha, but for anyone who can see past the facade, there is a continuing merging and developing technology as a means to remove the human factor from actions that were always relegated to humans and humans alone.

By eliminating the human factor from life and death situations, oath keepers and their type are kept from deterring the implementation of orders to eliminate thousands or millions of victims all by automated devices with no humans being involved to question the orders or to hesitate doing the killing as programmed by its designers and inventors.

A future where machines do the killing based on programming instruction and record all of the data needed to run such a system for those that no longer need humans to do the killing. Combining AI camera technologies with other mundane technologies shows that more and more they want to sell a device that does it all and wont question what it does. It only stands to reason that eliminating the human factor from the killing process is going to the be created by some upstart developer like those associated with these pre-crime units looking to make a dollar.

It appears the government will buy anything and those with the vision to see how certain technologies will eventually merge, will understand that sooner or later someone, will sell the DHS a platform for killing efficiently by whatever programming instructions are given. This is where I can then see the head of DHS one day saying that the determined pre-terrorist were humanely executed and disposed of by the latest equipment utilized by DHS, Pre-Crime Units, Military and others.

This is the future that I see and while it may be more serious than some may want to consider, I have no doubt that such logistical and life and death matters will be discussed by those in business and those in government because there will be money in developing and building the platforms that will also be the means to deal with those deemed unwanted by whatever standard is declared. Money and those in power that would use such technologies are why such advances concern me.

Now you know why such press releases catch my attention.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Your option is to wear tin foil underneath your hat. Anymore questions ?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What are NORMAL mannerisms? Are they to stay in line, keep quiet, do what you are told by the TSA? What if someone does get a higher heart rate, sweats, is nervous, and acts "weird" because they have a social anxiety problem? Jeez sounds like just about everyone I know who don't go out to socialize because this is exactly what happens to them physically/physiologically.

I get nervous enough having to walk through metal detectors as it is, even though I know I have nothing to worry about except maybe the belt buckle setting it off. If I knew these machines were there, on top of the full body scanners (which I encountered at one airport but didn't have to go through it) I'd probably be sweating bricks and look like a terrorist according to the DHS.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

I say we keep these machines pointed on elected officials 24/7, see how fast they all get sent to jail

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join