It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Minister: Strike On Iran Could Be Necessary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

An Israeli Cabinet minister said the civilized world must take joint action to avert the Iranian nuclear threat, including a pre-emptive strike if necessary. Moshe Yaalon — the minister for strategic affairs — made the statement in an interview with Russia's Interfax news agency released Monday ahead of a visit to Moscow.

"We strongly hope that the entire civilized world will come to realize what threat this regime is posing and take joint action to avert the nuclear threat posed by Iran, even if it would be necessary to conduct a pre-emptive strike," Yaalon was quoted by Interfax as saying.

SOURCE

Whether you consider Israel to be an aggressor, whether you consider them to be defending themselves from a country that has been threatening to destroy them for a generation, or whether you consider this to be the latest gambit by "TPTB" to rule the world, I think it's obvious that we all saw this coming from ten miles off.

Is there anything anyone can do to stop it? Doubtful. Not with Ahmadinejad claiming that he is in secret communication with the Mahdi, the mythical figure the Iranian leader now says will return on JUNE 5TH to usher in a world dominated by Islam.

Someone need to whack that little pygmy before his mouth, and the constant stream of apocalyptic diarrhea that he vomits forth, ends up starting WWIII. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

edit on 5/31/2011 by OldCorp because: Added another link

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'll say "latest gambit by "TPTB" to rule the world".
I just wonder how many of our boys will be thrown into this grinder to bailout israel again.
Hopefully we will stay out and let em get vaporized when they touch off the next powderkeg.
Then we could save billions in cash weapons and equipment.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i'll translate that statement. it's basically asking the rest of the world to fight yet another war for them. they're not stupid the israeli's, wars are expensive.

why should they lose money and men, when all they have to do is whistle and america comes running.

and our best friend forever israel, they're such best friends that do you know how much money they gave to tornado ravaged states, a whole 0 dollars.

do you know how many men our best friends forever sent to iraq and afghanistan to fight along side us like true best friends, a whole 0 men.

do you know how many mongolia sent. 100 troops. even mongolia sent 100 troops to fight and die with americans going after bin laden. mongolia of all nations. next time you see a mongolian, thank him on behalf of our troops and nation, for his nations part in protecting america.

i'm pretty sure mongolia isn't getting 3 billion over 10 years. i'd figure for 30 billion, you'd atleast get a hot air ballon with a sony camcorder to get some recon photos from the israeli's.

but let's thank our best friend israel for all its done for america. let me know when you can think of one.

edit on 31-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Oh yeah. Put all the Islamic countries in shambles, strip down the Temple Mount, and then rebuild Solomon's Temple on the ruins of the Dome of the Rock to usher in the New World...

I don't respect how the article refers to everyone else in the world as "civilized." A barbarian in a suit and tie is still a barbarian - they're just afraid to get blood on their suits, so it's up to the rest of the "civilized world" to get down in the dust and blood-caked soil.
edit on 31/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I sense that the Iran war is not going to go as smoothly as the Iraq or Afghanistan wars did. And smooth is not an adjective I would to describe either of those. This sh-- is going to real ugly, real fast.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Dont worry according to Obama Iran is just 'misunderstood' we can reason with them and be friends
....................really.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I would argue that Israel is acting as the agressor and making the apocolyptic statements. The Iranian regime can be concluded to be involved in nothing more then inflated Rhetoric and the state sponsorship of terrorism. However their power projection capabilities and influence in countries with strong and stable states/regimes and relatively minority Shi'ite populations is weak. While Iran is a key figure in regional politics their hard power is rather weak. Iran has little power, they have no support from the West and China/Russia do little to support the Islamic regime, even though it may seem to you as they do. While their population is large their economy is weak and would find it increasingly difficult as the years go by, to mobalize it's economy in a way which total war could be fought.

I would argue that regimes such as the one occupying Israel are the warmongerers, by suggesting other countries (i.e. America) should premtively strike agaisnt Iran. As the case in Iraq, while Irans populace dosen't like its regime they would prefer it over a foreign occupier exploiting their resources and bringing them so called "democracy". They would quickly radicalise creating a larger terrorist problem (of course Israel economy which relies largely on military, defence and intelligence hardware would heavily profit off this).

If you advocate whacking Ahmedinijad and Khameini then i suggest you take a stance which is not hypocritical and suggest whacking Benjamin Netanyahu.

As for Irans nuclrear capabilities, I say this is over exagerated. It is clear that currently they have no nuclear strike capabilities. They are a signee of the NPT and the economic and nuclear sanctions placed upon Iran are a violation of the 4th section of the NPT. Iran has offered to allow EU or UN monitors of its nuclear power stations. Iran wants the ability to be able to build a nuclear deterent within 3-10 years. (e.g. Iran is attacked, it then takes Iran 3-10 years to build a weapon not build a weapon by 3-10 years from now). This is not in violation of the NPT. What Iran is doing is reasonable and within it rights.

Israel has an estimated 200 nuclear warheads (this is a conservative estimate) which are un-declared. Iran has 0. Who is the real threat? Maybe if Israel and the U.S were more willing to pursue dialogue with Iran (who has offered to do so, in fact they offered to halt sponsoring Hezb' allah at one point) then Iran would be less of an enemy and more of an associate. The U.S and Israel are constantly escalating tensions with Iran and exercising their power over a stuborn state, by doing so Israel and the U.S are being stuborn and un-negotiable.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel has also been threatening Iran as well. Incidently whenever Iran threatened Israel it was not a threat to the existence of Israel itself but to the regime. Iran would be within it's legal rights to preempt an Israeli attack by attacking first. This is however unlikely as Iran has NEVER initiated an attack on another country in over 200 years. That said, Israel is in a poor military position, unless they use their nuclear capabilities. Iran is no ragtag military country. In fact because Iran has been pretty much isolated for the past 30 years no one really knows what their capabilities are. They stunned the world last year when they sent up a crude satallite which means they either have or soon will have ICBM capabilities. There are 150 suitcase nukes missing from the ukraine when the USSR broke up and Iran may have purchased a few. I believe that is why there is NO hard evidence Iran is trying to make a bomb as there is no need to do so.

Israel believes the US will assist them with an attack. That would be a huge mistake because IF Obama were that stupid our carriers in the Persion Gulf could easily be destroyed by Irans Chinese Sunburn missles. Iran would then destroy ALL middle East oil fields and close the Staites of Hormuz. Not to mention sending missles to our troops in the Green Zone in Iraq.
They would devastate Israel with their missle batteries which Israel is ill prepared to defend against. It would in fact start WW3 and lead to Israels distruction.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

An Israeli Cabinet minister said the civilized world must take joint action to avert the Iranian nuclear threat, including a pre-emptive strike if necessary. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

source

Can Iran in turn, pre-empt ....... an Israeli strike . Its a dangerous game to play.

When you assess Iran's situation ..... you quickly realise that a nuclear deterrent is probably the only thing which may afford them some defence. - One need only look at North Korea to be convinced of that .

--------

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Whether you consider Israel to be an aggressor, whether you consider them to be defending themselves from a country that has been threatening to destroy them for a generation, or whether you consider this to be the latest gambit by "TPTB" to rule the world, I think it's obvious that we all saw this coming from ten miles off.

We certainly did...
Israel causing trouble AGAIN with lies and propaganda and again saying yet another country is a threat because it MAY at some point make a nuclear weapon...
Let's just forget Israel's undeclared nuclear arsenal and just concentrate on who truly has been the cause of more wars in the ME..
My money is on Israel...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Come on can't they just make stuxnet 2.0? WTF?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not going to happen why? So that they could launch a pre emptive and leave The US to clean up the mess? Not a chance! 13 deadlines like this have come and gone without incident.

Proof you damn GOP Nurjobs with a very unhealthy taste for blood. Get real and get lost!

Israel already knows that if it pre empts another without getting clearance from us that they will be on their own and Iran will literately wipe the floor and erase then from the map in as little as a month.
edit on 6-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by OldCorp

An Israeli Cabinet minister said the civilized world must take joint action to avert the Iranian nuclear threat, including a pre-emptive strike if necessary. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

source

Can Iran in turn, pre-empt ....... an Israeli strike . Its a dangerous game to play.

When you assess Iran's situation ..... you quickly realise that a nuclear deterrent is probably the only thing which may afford them some defence. - One need only look at North Korea to be convinced of that .

--------

If we try to make a play for any other Arab nation make no mistake and have no illusion that Russia and China will most definately have something to say about it and are the reason why we haven't made a play or run on The Middle East currently the same way Germany did to Europe during WWII!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"Necessary" will be "imminent" soon.... But it will be too late.

Israel would be better off on preparing for survival and retaliation.... Unless that is the real plan?

Attack "staged" to implicate Iran with "irrefutable proof" of their involvement, then.....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I guess he is another false prophet in the world of date setting if that is the case. I believe his fairy tale return of his what ever didn't show for him either. This is a war of religion and their return of nobody. He can do what they all do and say he got his math wrong and set a new date. Change the date long enough something is bound to happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You can bet if Israel starts bombing Iran then so will we. And you can bet that if happens our news before we start bombing them will be all over how dangerous Iran is, and how they need to be taken out. Funny how our news gets peopled warmed up to the idea and then they actually did it. And yes, I did see this coming.

edit on 6-6-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
You can bet if Israel starts bombing Iran then so will we. And you can bet that if happens our news before we start bombing them will be all over how dangerous Iran is, and how they need to be taken out. Funny how our news gets peopled warmed up to the idea and then they actually did it. And yes, I did see this coming.

edit on 6-6-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

News flash, if they did launch against them after we've repeatedly told them not to make no mistake that they will be on their own.

top topics

join