It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop vs Cops Shoot-Out on Memorial Day, Throwback to Wild West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Cop vs Cops Shoot-Out on Memorial Day, Throwback to Wild West

www.wdbj7.com

A woman and Virginia State trooper were shot in two separate incidents that occurred about 20 minutes apart. Police say Franklin County deputy Jonathan Ashley Agee, age 32 of Boones Mill, shot his ex-wife, Jennifer Louise Agee, at the Sheetz on Williamson Road in Roanoke. State police say Agee later wounded a Virginia State Police sergeant before being shot multiple times by Virginia State Police at the Ironto exit of Interstate 81 in Montgomery County.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washi ngtonpost.com
www.whsv.com[/url ]
[url=http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/may/30/26/trooper-shot-traffic-stop-ironto-i81-exit-ar-1074022/]www2.wsls.com

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who would have thought that in this day and age, a Sheriff's deputy could be a cold-blooded killer?

/end sarcasm

Pretty much this Franklin County Sheriff's Deputy completely lost it, shot down his ex-wife in broad daylight at a gas station, then fled in his cop car. He was spotted and confronted by a Virginia State Trooper, and he shot this trooper (non-serious leg injury). He then drove off again and was confronted a second time about a mile later by 2 more State Troopers, who then shot this rogue deputy, ending his shooting spree. He's now in the hospital facing a murder charge, and shooting a police officer.

While there are many, many examples of police brutality/insanity today, I do have respect for the Virginia State Police (State Troopers) though. In all of my personal encounters with them they have been very respectful in doing their job, and take the laws very seriously. If there are any good cops left in this state, before the federal or local cops, the Troopers have my trust and I commend them on bagging this guy before he could kill anyone else.

www.wdbj7.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here are some photos from the two scenes.

This was the scene on Interstate 81 in Ironto, around the Roanoke/Montgomery County borders, where the shoot out occurred between the Franklin County deputy and the State Troopers:

And here was the scene at the Sheetz in downtown Roanoke:

In the last photo above you can see the spent bullets from his the deputy's rifle on the ground by the red markers.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When you lose all that you can, you lose it.
I think that is about how it goes.
Maybe this guy just lost it, but expect for this to become more commonplace.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I agree, he obviously cracked under some kind of pressure, and obviously had some major problem with his late ex-wife.

So do you think his stress issues and violent impulses stem from his experience being a cop, or existed prior to him being a cop?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nothing like some cop on cop violence to brighten your day. Crying shame about that poor woman though.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
$3.45 for regular unleaded?! Thats at least 50 cents cheaper than here. Damn!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
$3.45 for regular unleaded?! Thats at least 50 cents cheaper than here. Damn!

I figured someone would comment on that so yes, let's get it out of the way. Roanoke has the cheapest gas on average in the whole state of Virginia.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Holy Sheetz, 20 minutes from where I live

Maybe now they'll start doing regular psychological evaluations on VA officers, which I think should be required regularly by all law enforcement, military and even judicial personnel. Every 6 months.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great. I'd like to see more of this madness ensue, and I'm sure it will.

Down with the system. 2012 is about to rip ya'll a new one...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
they should just start off easy, steroid testing and an i.q test that you have to score over 100 to get hired.

that would about 20 police officers in the entire united states who could pass those qualifications.

but you have to start somewhere.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
they should just start off easy, steroid testing and an i.q test that you have to score over 100 to get hired.

And psychological examinations would be nice too, as well as making cops study police brutality so it would be more clear in their mind what is not in their line of duty.

But I guess in today's economy, where cops are already being laid off and/or pressured to make more busts to funnel more of citizens' money into the legal system, there is no money for this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I saw this the other day too.
I thought Virginia cops were a grade above this type of thing.
Very sad to see.

I know that stop in Ironto well.
I used to drive a truck route through there to B-burg.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I want to say that our Troopers are, but our local cops are wild cards.

A few years ago an entire sheriff's office was busted by feds. It was memorable because people kept seeing a tank rolling down the interstate, and sure enough it rolled up on the sheriff's office and promptly announced that many of them were under arrest.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Haha yes, you should see are cigarette prices

This news really got me upset, especially since it happened where I lived. And to think, it all could've been avoided. The shooters current wife called 911 over an hour prior to the shooting, to warn her husband was going to kill his ex wife. And the cops just played it off like a joke, basically.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I want to say that our Troopers are, but our local cops are wild cards.

A few years ago an entire sheriff's office was busted by feds. It was memorable because people kept seeing a tank rolling down the interstate, and sure enough it rolled up on the sheriff's office and promptly announced that many of them were under arrest.

Wow. How'd I miss that?
What county are you in, Rockbridge?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Botetourt.

I tried to find an article about the tank on the interstate but only came back with a lot of irrelevant articles. Anyway it was just one of those "side-stories" if you will that WDBJ7 reported some years ago. I can't remember the county it happened in, but it was one of the counties around Roanoke because the tank was seen on I-81.

top topics

join