It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have NO TIME for this!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have watched, read, listened, researched, and studied. (obviously not grammar). But the one thing that I have very little of, I see the world as lacking. Someone very close to me said that everything can be broken down into "Common Sense." The only problem is "sense" is no longer common. It is crazy how complex and yet how simple everything in our society has become.

Many in our society would rather put out of their minds all that is wrong, and justify rather than deal with the actual problems our society is causing. I put many whom I know in the category of people who just seem to want to find a way to fit in with these new global economic times.

My only reason for being a part of this site is to play the argument out on a larger stage. And the argument can be defined as this:

If I were to ask my grandfather to describe his front door to me, he would give me the brass doorknob, steel hinges, a white weatherstrip on the edges, and 3 tall rectangle windows near the top left corner when looking at it while coming in the home. Oh and its a maroon (ish) color.

Now if I ask my old college professor to describe to me the same door, he would start with the same description of the door my grandfather gave me then he would extrapolate the type of wood the door is made of, and how the molecules in the paint reflect the color of maroon and absorb other wavelengths of light in order to make the door "appear" to be maroon(ish). He would then tell me how the tree the door is made of makes its way to a manufacturing distributor of fine wooden products. How long the tree lives, etc, etc, etc. You could write an entire thesis on the life of the tree that made this door, and all of the people who had a hand in making that door what it is today.

My professional career has cast me as a leader of men. And in this profession one common theme perpetuates itself OVER and OVER again. Communication is never perfect, not even close. A simple conversation with a report, observed from a distance, can be perceived as a nasty exchange. And this perception will exist in the observers mind for a very long period. Until an opposite encounter is exchanged with the observer in a way that makes him realize his perception was inaccurate. Confrontation comes when the Observer's perception doesn't get that chance to see his perception for what it really was. Then you have what most people would deem an emotional, disgruntled employee hollering about something that makes no sense to the originator of the perception. And cannot seem to fathom why anyone would feel the way the observer does.

The internet brings this lack of social perception and magnifies it several times. When your typed words do not adequately represent your actual views, you are left trying to defend an indefensible position on a forum such as this. Whereas if everyone could know exactly what you are thinking, without communicating, misconceptions of this sort would almost disappear.

As far as my introduction goes. I am a married father of two, and I am concerned about the education of our children, the lack of real social interaction in today's society. I spent a good portion of my youth exploring caves, and forests near the Mississippi river. When I can break my children away from their Nintendo DS, Wii, and the Disney channel, they really enjoy being outside in the elements as well. But even my children spend a small fraction of time having their own adventures, whereas my summers were ALL about adventure. (some safer than others) Which leads me back to common sense. How much of what we are doing makes sense?

Does it make sense to our future as a race of humans to spend so much time playing video games? Does it make sense not to take care of our veterans, grandparents, in their old age? (I for one do not want to work my whole life to make someone else rich and then live my final days in a hospital while the costs of which degenerate my entire life savings, so my family will have nothing left to make their lives better than mine. ) Does it make sense to entertain and actually allow policies in government that purposely devalue WORK? Does it make sense in a world to use a currency that will forever devalue, just so we can find a way to say we had "positive" growth in economic markets? Does it make sense that not many understand that inflation is a TAX on OUR work? Does it make sense to pay a private bank interest on our currency, when our work earned that currency? Does it make sense to perpetuate policies that make it next to impossible to actually "OWN" your own property? Does it make sense to perpetuate policies that make it easy for the rich to steal from the poor? Does it make sense to allow the rich to continually steal our value through derivatives and speculation? Does it make sense to keep in tact a federal reserve whose initial task was to keep asset bubbles from forming, while watching them continually create asset bubbles in order to pop them and make all the short sellers millions. While normal people lose everything their "work" paid for. Does it make sense that the right to take away the freedoms from normal working class citizens be given to moneychangers? Does it make sense to support a system that will have you believe your work is not worth enough for you to be able to afford to raise your family? Does it make sense to place value in a system that trains financiers to be cutthroat and tedious in their plans to bring themselves to the top while leaving a path of destroyed freedom and dreams.

I believe that many people just want to work, and live, raise their families, and see humanity reach for the stars. What we really have is a complex scam being thrown up around us that throws common sense out the window. Normal people spend much of their time just trying to justify what they see around them in ways they can understand quickly without putting much of their TIME into finding out the particulars. Knowing that there is an injustice being perpetuated, but its so much easier to ignore. In this way it is my belief people have NO TIME for common sense.

I look forward to going into great detail and investigation the cause of our current lack of common sense, and hopefully getting some answers.

NO TIME
edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: I will look at the help section for more detailed instructions for posting content. The video is not working.

edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: fixed a few mis-types

edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: tried but failed to fix vid

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

Not able to see your video, but your introduction is interesting.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Your post just makes too much sense.

Welcome. Say more. At my job, we have less employees and more work, so yeah... NO TIME to even think about righting wrongs...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Great intro. I would like to see the video. Is there another source for it?

I look forward to hearing more from someone who has something constructive to say and not just more HAARP! CATASTROPHE! END-OF-THE-WORLD! COMET ELENIN!--excuse my caps.

Anyway, welcome....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

unfortunately the original video still will not work, but the funny commercial worked so there it is.

The original video I wanted to post was computers vs. common sense. It is a conference that occurred 5 years ago, but mostly deals with how techs around the world are trying to give computer's common sense, the ability to reasonably determine an outcome. If someone would care enough to post that video and tell me how they did it, I would appreciate it.

edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: 5 yrs not 6

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm always bringing up the common sense thing. Hello and welcome!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to no time
You mean this one?

edit on 5/30/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

yep. thanks

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

We all know whats going on, we just don't have the evidence to support our feelings. That's why we spend time here, ranting and searching about/for info on these vast conspiracy.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by no time

No problem. Just click on "quote" on my reply to you with the common sense video in it and you will see how it was posted. And if you want to post that youtube.com in your intro, let me know, and I will remove that post and this one, if notified before the thread edit deadline.

edit on 5/30/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by no time

(I for one do not want to work my whole life to make someone else rich and then live my final days in a hospital while the costs of which degenerate my entire life savings, so my family will have nothing left to make their lives better than mine. )

Thats the new American dream now sir.

If you are a citizen of America, you can count yourself as one of the LUCKY if you can spend the rest of your existence working well over 40 hours a week (or 60 hours like my pathetic lifeless life) slaving to make others rich just to have some crumbs trickle down to you which allows you to barely stay afloat with just the bare-bottom necessities of life.

This is now the American dream. This is now considered being lucky. Quite sad eh? I just wonder how much worst it will be for our kids and grand kids. I wouldnt want to be them the way things are going....

The NEW American dream. What a nightmare...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I agree. It is sad that I am now considered "lucky."

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One particular problem in the world everyone is ignoring is famine. Today we have such a food surplus in the world, that if you took all the food on the market RIGHT NOW, it could feed the entire world for 100 yrs.

Has anyone else noticed the new politically correct term for famine is "food crisis" FAMINE or FOOD CRISIS?

It seems TPTB do not want us common folk knowing that millions are now dying today because they cannot afford the food........it isn't for lack of food.

Does anyone see where having a "bank" in charge of fixing this problem is a decision lacking common sense?

To me the problem is simple. Is there enough food? My answer is yes! Enough FOOD?

Should be simple.... there is enough food, so lets feed em?

What are the causes of hunger is a fundamental question, with varied answers. Poverty is the principal cause of hunger. The causes of poverty include poor people's lack of resources, an extremely unequal income distribution in the world and within specific countries, conflict, and hunger itself. As of 2008 (2005 statistics), the World Bank has estimated that there were an estimated 1,345 million poor people in developing countries who live on $1.25 a day or less.3 This compares to the later FAO estimate of 1.02 billion undernourished people. Extreme poverty remains an alarming problem in the world’s developing regions, despite some progress that reduced "dollar--now $1.25-- a day" poverty from (an estimated) 1900 million people in 1981, a reduction of 29 percent over the period. Progress in poverty reduction has been concentrated in Asia, and especially, East Asia, with the major improvement occurring in China. In Sub-Saharan Africa, the number of people in extreme poverty has increased. The statement that 'poverty is the principal cause of hunger' is, though correct, unsatisfying. Why then are (so many) people poor? The next section summarizes Hunger Notes answer. Harmful economic systems are the principal cause of poverty and hunger. Hunger Notes believes that the principal underlying cause of poverty and hunger is the ordinary operation of the economic and political systems in the world. Essentially control over resources and income is based on military, political and economic power that typically ends up in the hands of a minority, who live well, while those at the bottom barely survive, if they do. We have described the operation of this system in more detail in our special section on Harmful economic systems. Conflict as a cause of hunger and poverty. At the end of 2005, the global number of refugees was at its lowest level in almost a quarter of a century. Despite some large-scale repatriation movements, the last three years have witnessed a significant increase in refugee numbers, due primarily to the violence taking place in Iraq and Somalia. By the end of 2008, the total number of refugees under UNHCR’s mandate exceeded 10 million. The number of conflict-induced internally displaced persons (IDPs) reached some 26 million worldwide at the end of the year . Providing exact figures on the number of stateless people is extremely difficult But, important, (relatively) visible though it is, and anguishing for those involved conflict is less important as poverty (and its causes) as a cause of hunger. (Using the statistics above 1.02 billion people suffer from chronic hunger while 36 million people are displaced [UNHCR 2008]) Hunger is also a cause of poverty, and thus of hunger. By causing poor health, low levels of energy, and even mental impairment, hunger can lead to even greater poverty by reducing people's ability to work and learn, thus leading to even greater hunger.

Common sense tells me their work was devalued enough that they could no longer afford food with the money they make from work leading to a "food-crisis" Am I the only one who finds this so sick, so If I am born in a country with a very low valued currency that is also being raped of natural resources by foreign banks and their cohorts. I am to just die because I can not afford to purchase food. Where is McDonald's? Corporations are supposed to be the answer to these problems right? What's wrong? no money in making sure people are fed?

edit on 30-5-2011 by no time because: added stuff

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hello, I had no time to read that long intro but

Welcome To ATS!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome to ATs. Ever noticed how modern advertising likes o make men look stupid. Watch adverts at the moment and you will see men are always doing something stupid and be corrected by their wife/girlfriends or children.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep, every sitcom on American television, the dad or father figure is always made out to be a blubbering idiot, and the wife and kids make fun of 'em....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

Awesome post OP!!!!

No it makes NOOOOO sense!!!! I whole heartedly agree!!!

Slavery never really ended. And the senselessness of the common man is due to the burden of this very yoke. It has been transformed into economic slavery, a prison constructed of financial chains and bars. Each individuals time is fully consumed with scraping the littlest vestiges of a living to support our families. The yoke has been placed around everyone's neck save those brutal enough to keep and maintain a masters status. The crime that is human slavery (now economic slavery) and the malfeasance used to pillage the ordinary citizen has been legalized by a criminalized state governing authority, compartmentalized the world over. Criminalization of the state, where the criminals inhabit the chief seats of power and decide what is legal and what is criminal. (Remember that everything Hitler did was legal - Martin Luther King)

Is it any wonder that the kind hearted individual can no longer bear the pain of living in such a state and seeks relief. Even if only for a brief moment in distraction using gaming, the internet or the numbing effects of a drug and alcohol/drug anesthetized state - in many cases all these and many more. Senseless unstable behavior. Humans seek to forget the painful burden of the yoke placed on the necks of the common man who in desperation flails like a boxer beating nothing but the wind. As a slave, you have little to no recourse for relief or avoidance. As a slave you cannot say, NO!" Unable to make any effective change as any effort to fight or even dissent against the status quo is criminalized leaving the individual helpless where the resources for your families next meal is legally stolen from your pocket by billionaires who suffer no lack of anything. To struggle against the yoke is to increase your pain.

The yoke is burdensome. The wealth of the American people will be plundered by the internationally wealthy. Austerity is coming to America even as it is striking the world over. Individual rights are debased and sovereignty is in the way so it will be removed too. When the people rise up against this legalized debauchery it will be met with overwhelming force and many will die (just like right now in Yemen, Syria and Libya). Even as those brave enough rise up the rich and powerful use their slavery armies and money to hijack their cause. THIS will be WW3. A class war of the poor common man vs. a few rich greedy amoral but powerful people backed by those deceived by nationalism into thinking it's their patriotic duty to sustain and maintain the grip of their brutal masters power.

Many may rant and shake their fist at the situation. Some question, "What's the solution?" Do like Iceland!!!! Sometimes the only answer is ... rope!

====

Sorry, I read alot but I don't post often so then I tend to babble & rant.
Boxing the wind!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Emptiness Dancing because: because

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by no time

I look forward to going into great detail and investigation the cause of our current lack of common sense, and hopefully getting some answers.

good luck with all that.

Nice introduction. Find yourself a unique avitar so you will be easily recognized. You might be a fun one to follow.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by no time

That is why they kicked Thomas Paine (author of the book "common sense" and one of, if not thee most important person in the American Revolution) out of the USA and to this day nobody knows where his body is laid to rest as he was purposely kicked out of the USA to be forgotten about and Never honored like he should be as a true and real Patriot of America.
Have you read his book? It is not long and you can get it at your local library
I doubt he is even mentioned in schools today (just like Tesla) and TPTB want to make sure these two among others that interfere with their agenda are not to be mentioned and erased from history.
The American dream was just that and not really ever intended for you to achieve.
"For man does not have to truly be free so long as he believes he is"

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Common sense will always beat any computer. That's why I,always keep copies of things on paper.Because computers will go down. They can't beat human sense. Its a shame our kids have become addicted to the computer.The computer has become the easy way out. Man kinds values are going away. Hard work,growing our own food and other things,are becoming the past.Mark my word,you better remember the old ways to make it.Because a day will come you better know how to survive.Power and things will be gone,or to expensive. You are better off to live in the country instead of the city. Common sense will win out in the end. Computers are not human,or have the human factor.They need man to program them. In the long run common sense will out way everything. I,like this thread. Its a shame kids know how to play a video game,but can't do homework(read or write). They have become couch potatoes,minds lost

.If you asked them to do things that use a computer they fall apart.Is this how we want our children to become.Now don't get wrong,some computer things are good.But they are taking jobs and the way of life away from our future. Kids today,even now don't know basic ways of survivor. They don;t use their minds any more. Computers do everything for them. Where is common sense going? Common values are going to. I,guess I,am from the old days.But I,do know our kids will and are suffering now.There is a time for computers and a time for reasoning(using common sense.) Like it will take common sense to not let the computer world take over completely. We need to be responsible and teach our kids how to use their common sense over technical issues.My grandparents would say what happen to values,common sense, practicals ways of living.. They would say we have become lazy and say we can't get anything free.We must earn everything.If we lose our common sense on things what do we have left? A ROBOT!

Just my view,thank you.
,this will take the human factor out of things.Are we to be like robots High Level of Practical Intelligence a Factor in Entrepreneurial Success,is this what you want our world to become robots?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join