It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why.... You have this little tiny area with set dimensions that allow you to have an image that fits this area.

Why... Do people have images that sometimes are 800x600 in size, in there? So that only the top corner is seen? Can they not see their own profile and think "Hey that's not right, I did it wrong. Let me fix it." ?

They seem to go "Ahha! I've hit enter, now my work is done. I will leave this endeavor now and attend to other things."

Sure that funny picture of the dog with the bone and the funny look in his eye as the kitteh meanders over, looks really nice - but all I see is the vase on the table. Unless I manually view the entire image.

IT DOESN'T WORK. FIX YOUR AVATAR.

Yes YOU..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

A lot of people don't know how to resize their avatar let alone know the size requirement.

I have sized many avy's for members. Quite a few have come into chat asking for avy help from mods. I just fixed someone's avy for them last week.

Some don't care either.

I know sizing my avy was a paint at first til I figured it out. If you dont have a place to size it and you don't know how to do it you will just forget about it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

How's mine?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar

And don't forget MS paint, in which pictures can be cropped and such.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know that at one point the size was changed.
I myself never cared to check and see if my image was a correct size or not.
So i'll just go with that people don't either 1.pay attention. or 2. care to change it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It took me about a month just to figure the whole avatar thing out, nevermind if it needed to be resized. Good thing it worked, because if it came out and all you could see was Frank Zappa's mustache, that is how it would have stayed. Maybe that actually isn't a bad idea, after all...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I for one would like to fix mine but am as stupid as ren and stimpy when it comes to computers! lol I have some really cool ones I want to use. I have even looked at some videos but I still don't get it. If I ever get to the point of enlightenment I will make a video for avatars for dimwits! if anyone wants to take pity on me and help me out, I would love you forever!
edit on 30-5-2011 by thesimonator2000 because: Angryone, your link was awesome! Thanks

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Badwolf, where DID you get yours...I noticed it a week or so ago, and meant to ask then...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Messing with my avatar now...what fun!

How don't know how to change much of it...so I might be back to post some more.

Edit: Done!
edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

new topics

top topics

join