It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Day 2011: Please Take A Moment To Remember The Veterans Who Gave All So You May Live Free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When you go out today for parades, BBQ's, parties with friends and loved ones, or to protest the government, please remember that there is a reason that you are free to do so.

SOME GAVE ALL.

I may not always agree with my government, but I will NEVER turn my back on those who have served this great nation since it was founded 235 years ago. Their sacrifice has given us the freedoms we have today, and we should be humbled by it.

Freedom is never free; it is purchased with blood. I stand and salute all of those Airmen, Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines whose sacrifices have made me, and my children, free.

God bless you all.

*This thread is dedicated exclusively to honoring the sacrifices made by so many. For a more in depth discussion from the conspiracy side, please visit ripcontrol's thread HERE.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I praise every soldier that fought pre-WW2 (including WW2).

The rest after that, are not worth remembering...

edit on 30-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
After having been up for over three hours, the only post in this thread so far has been from someone spitting on the memory of those who have died to make you free.

You know, servicemen and women do not make policy, they only carry it out. Their bravery and commitment to duty should never be forgotten. I find it incredibly disheartening to see that nobody seems to give a snip.

edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I respectfully disagree sir...

Veterans are the men and woman who when things go bump in the night go bump right back...

They are the ones who walk down the dark alley when their are no lights...

If said types of comments continue with out respect ( even to those behind bars) we ***self snip to prevent t and c violations**** nature... Those who we call vets no matter where they are or where they end up... where put at great risk so that you could have your opinion today... you are able to voice it because those you dis-respected faced down others...

Now if you had worded it...

"I think every politician since WWII should be shot..."

Hell three fourths the veterans might just help you line em up on walls...

You have to remember that even though they used the excuse they where just following orders, in a sense it is true.... The enlisted that make up the majority of what you just named are doing just that....

it is like telling every mother on mothers day, you know we would not have as many deaths if you stopped having sex....

good sir on today will you set aside the liberal nature of your beliefs be humble and just say thank you... All you have to do is reword it...

I think the politicians who started these garbages deserve a lot worse then they have got...

remember this

Christmas Truce

The Christmas truce was a series of widespread unofficial ceasefires that took place along the Western Front around Christmas of 1914, during the First World War. Through the week leading up to Christmas, parties of German and British soldiers began to exchange seasonal greetings and songs between their trenches; on occasion, the tension was reduced to the point that individuals would walk across to talk to their opposite numbers bearing gifts. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many soldiers from both sides – as well as, to a lesser degree, from French units – independently ventured into "No man's land", where they mingled, exchanging food and souvenirs. As well as joint burial ceremonies, several meetings ended in carol-singing. Troops from both sides had also been so friendly as to play games of football with one another.[1]

The truce is seen as a symbolic moment of peace and humanity amidst one of the most violent events of modern history. It was not ubiquitous, however; in some regions of the front, fighting continued throughout the day, whilst in others, little more than an arrangement to recover bodies was made. The following year, a few units again arranged ceasefires with their opponents over Christmas, but to nothing like the widespread extent seen in 1914; this was, in part, due to strongly worded orders from the high commands of both sides prohibiting such fraternisation.

note as you read the men had to be forced back to war.... so yeah it was the politicians....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I growled as loud as I could....

good thread...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by OldCorp

I growled as loud as I could....

good thread...

I know you did my friend. Believe me, my bite is much worse than my bark, but I held my tongue because if I were to voice my opinion on that post I would have been banned for sure.

Still, I'll say it again: I find it absolutely incredible that as people enjoy the very freedoms that were purchased for them by the blood of every veteran from the Revolutionary War, to those that died yesterday in AFG, nobody can take 30 seconds to say, "Thank you."

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

To all those who went before and for all those who are to follow.
Semper fidelis

Here is a little something I put together a couple of years ago.

(click to open player in new window)

edit on 30-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
now some music for our vets...

sorry yall about the goose bump effect

and for your enjoyment

We take care our our little special needs brother....

Lets say I got in more then a little bit of trouble...

"Granny needs a better hobby"

"Good the get Granny out here to do this garbage..."

"Pt good for you bad for me.."

Suffice it to say I only led cadence once

they did not fill the paper work out right it shows...

Its the army.... the only thing I have to say is... if I am every the president of the US I know who to call if their is any trouble around the world...

(Please note these jokes are for between vets if your offended... good, I knew the air force could read..
)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
line twoer...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you brother. I knew I could count on you.

Hey rip, I have a cadence for you:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I gave her inches one,
she said honey this is fun
put your belly next to mine and
drive it home, drive it home.

I have her inches two,
she said honey me and you,

I gave her inches three,
she said baby you and me,

I gave her inches four,
she said honey give me more,

I gave her inches five,
she said honey I'm alive,

I gave her inches six,
she said honey what a big ****

I gave her inches seven,
she said honey this is Heaven,

I gave her inches eight,
she said honey this is great,

I gave her inches nine,
she said honey this is fine,

I gave her inches ten,
she said honey do it again,

I gave her inches eleven,
she said honey I preferred seven
but put your belly next to mine and

I gave her inches twelve,
she said HONEY THIS IS HELL,
Now put it away, zip it up,
and take it home, take it home!

++++++++++++++++++++++++

The above cadence ONLY applies to Marines BTW. Everyone knows that a Squid, Flyboy, or Dogface grunt would just be LYING if they repeated it past inches four.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I wish I could do more for our vets, but I can do this- Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I understand the hardships each and everyone goes through.

I come from a long line of military service men and women, my great grandfather-WWI, my grandfather, and my father(WWII), my cousins(Korea and Vietnam, and Bosnia, Germany), my brother, Iraq,afghanistan), husband(overseas Nurenberg/Zurndorf), Nephews and neices(various places overseas). Plus others stationed stateside, and in other countries doing thier service time currently.

So once again from the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Name me one war of the last century that wasn't set up by Big Banks
and I will give you the praise you desire.

Till then your just tools of the establishment.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TriggerFish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriggerFish
reply to post by OldCorp

Name me one war of the last century that wasn't set up by Big Banks
and I will give you the praise you desire.

Till then your just tools of the establishment.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TriggerFish because: (no reason given)

I don't want praise. I didn't give my life in service of my country and the Constitution - yet.

Besides, this is about honoring the sacrifice of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice; Memorial Day isn't for the government, it is meant to honor each individual serviceman. People don't stop to think that individual servicemen, and women, don't write policy; they only follow orders. Whether you agree with the policy of the United States or not is totally beside the point. I've called for George W. Bush to be brought up on charges of Treason for lying us into Operation Iraqi Freedom - which had NOTHING to do with Iraqis or their freedom - but that doesn't mean that I still can't honor those who have died in it.

Get my point?
edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: spellin and punkshoeashion

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My danged links arent wanting to work! Sorry, you have to click them.

Remember this the next time you criticize these men and women
www.youtube.com...

For my Marines : my beloved husband, my father, my grandfather, my father in law, and my 2 brother in laws... and the many friends who are truly brothers and sisters that my husband and I have lost. We had a BBQ today with his buddies and their families today.... this was one of the songs we played. Neighbors who we didnt know came over and brought them beer and clapped for them, thanked them. I dont care who likes it or not. One day you may be thankful these devil dogs are here for you. Haters gonna hate Old Corps.. UNTIL they need them. What I saw today was so wonderful NO internet toughtalker can take this smile off of my face

www.youtube.com...
edit on 31-5-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
My danged links arent wanting to work! Sorry, you have to click them.

Remember this the next time you criticize these men and women

For my Marines : my beloved husband, my father, my grandfather, my father in law, and my 2 brother in laws... and the many friends who are truly brothers and sisters that my husband and I have lost. We had a BBQ today with his buddies and their families today.... this was one of the songs we played. Neighbors who we didnt know came over and brought them beer and clapped for them, thanked them. I dont care who likes it or not. One day you may be thankful these devil dogs are here for you. Haters gonna hate Old Corps.. UNTIL they need them. What I saw today was so wonderful NO internet toughtalker can take this smile off of my face

Advantage, as a Marine Corp wife you too know the meaning of sacrifice, and I salute you as well.

And as the wife and daughter of Marines I sure you won't be offended when I say that second video gave me wood.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Ooh-rah on that wood.. thats a hell of a song!

and dont forget :

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

When you are ready to stop following orders,
and honor your oath to defend the Constitution
from all enemies foreign and domestic.

When you are ready.
I will be there fighting at your side.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

9 am tomorrow morning me versus the AGs office texas

You asked for a war that is being fought.....

"I have not yet begun to fight"

I accept your thanks...

as do the rest of the vets here.... It is a war that the banks did not start... I DID!!!!!

edit on 1-6-2011 by ripcontrol because: because freedom has cost me to date 4536.00 in the above mentioned fight... with more cost to come

edit on 1-6-2011 by ripcontrol because: sign up and come play...lmeao

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I thought I would put on a little perspective this hit me like a ton of bricks when I watched the Lee vs Grant special on the history channel, Gettysburg: 51,000 casualties in four days of fighting that is roughly 12,750 men a day, 531 men an hour. Shiloh: 24,000 were casualties in one day of fighting, is roughly 1000 men an hour either dead or dying. It puts things in perspective of how that first Memorial day in South Carolina in 1865 really must have felt like. Imagine that this is an estimate made in the documentary, that in today's estimates meaning if it happened today over 6 million people would be dead. That just sent shivers up my spin and I know many people don't care about history but do yourself a favor just once if you are an American make a trip to Arlington cemetery, the former home of Robert E Lee is still there in fact, and take a little time to take in the silence. On that first memorial day there were more than all the casualties in Revolutionary war, war of 1812 and the Mexican American war combined. It is stunning to imagine and I don't know if it will be as spine chilling to you as it was to me but I thought I would add my comments. Thought I would add this line from Robert E Lee to finish this statement off, " What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors." here's one more for you" The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity." that's from Ulysses S Grant.

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
I thought I would put on a little perspective this hit me like a ton of bricks when I watched the Lee vs Grant special on the history channel, Gettysburg: 51,000 casualties in four days of fighting that is roughly 12,750 men a day, 531 men an hour. Shiloh: 24,000 were casualties in one day of fighting, is roughly 1000 men an hour either dead or dying. It puts things in perspective of how that first Memorial day in South Carolina in 1865 really must have felt like. Imagine that this is an estimate made in the documentary, that in today's estimates meaning if it happened today over 6 million people would be dead. That just sent shivers up my spin and I know many people don't care about history but do yourself a favor just once if you are an American make a trip to Arlington cemetery, the former home of Robert E Lee is still there in fact, and take a little time to take in the silence. On that first memorial day there were more than all the casualties in Revolutionary war, war of 1812 and the Mexican American war combined. It is stunning to imagine and I don't know if it will be as spine chilling to you as it was to me but I thought I would add my comments. Thought I would add this line from Robert E Lee to finish this statement off, " What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors." here's one more for you" The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity." that's from Ulysses S Grant.

In reference to the text in your post above, we still call it the "War of Northern Aggression." Does that clarify it any?

I have to say that Stonewall Jackson was my favorite Civil War General. He was an extremely religious man, but never one to give an inch, or shirk from his duty - even on a Sunday. He also knew what every warrior knows: War is Hell.

“It is painful enough to discover with what unconcern they speak of war and threaten it. I have seen enough of it to make me look upon it as the sum of all evils.” - Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

edit on 6/1/2011 by OldCorp because: my "L" key sticks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join