It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing waterspout 'tornado' caught on camera off Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Jinglelord

There is nothing to worry about. There are roughly 400+ tornadoes per yer in the central US known as Tornado Alley. The big news currently is Joplin Missouri, which just happens to be in Tornado Alley. Tornado season (The time of year in which tornadoes are most common to form) is from April to June, the spring and early summer months. Florida also has regular tornadoes which can form in the later winter early spring months. However, they can and have formed on almost any day of the year.

The reason why no one hears about many of the Tornadoes that form in Tornado Alley is that it is generally rural area. Many of them form over farm land. However, when they strike more populated areas they obviously cause much much more damage, as you would expect one to. Many of these are weaker tornadoes which measure an F-1 or F-2.

Waterspouts are generally tornadoes over water, however they are much much weaker. There is a debate over weather or not you can call them tornadoes. As I said in a previous post, if you were to measure a waterspout the same way you measure a tornado it would be an F-0 from a 0 to 5 scale with F-5 being the highest.

For the poster who wants to know if you can take a ride in a waterspout, the answer is no. They still can be very dangerous.
edit on 31-5-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Just to clarify I've been calling BS to this whole climate warming fiasco since day one. To me it is just too obvious that it is a thinly veiled fear mongering for people who got no traction in the 80s trying to put an end to air pollution. These folks are up to something and I don't trust them at all.

<< 1  2   >>

join