It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs, Michele Bachmann, and Amy Myers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Amy Myers, the 16-year-old girl challenging Rep. Michele Bachmann (R.-Mn) to a debate on the Constitution and American history, was on MSNBC's The Last Word Friday night, telling host Lawrence O'Donnell that "Politicians are supposed to know the standards of history, basic civics, and the Constitution, most importantly," subjects where she thinks Rep. Bachmann could use some remedial education. So far, Rep. Bachmann hasn't taken Ms. Myers up on her offer, made April 29th. That doesn't surprise Ms. Myers, who was just elected Junior Class President. "I know she won't debate me, but I think it's really important to follow through on this for women everywhere,"

Source

The kid does have a point every person that wants to run for office should have a good knowledge of the constitution and American history.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow! What an inspirational kid! I do wish Bachmann would take her up on it, but she won't. She's stupid, but she's not THAT stupid!
Amy would wipe the floor with her! I'd love to see it, though. And invite Sarah Palin, too! And Hillary! That would be a great show!

Amy and Hillary would demonstrate what it's like to have a brain.

I see this as more of a political issue than a social one...
edit on 5/30/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I wasn't for sure which section to put it in. I thought this one because it dealt with the kid instead of the politician.

new topics

join