It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Documentary, Lesson or Education Changed Your Life???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As a side note, i want to add that in regard to the previous US republican party and events surrounding 911 the movie Farenheit 911 changed my persepctive and moved me more toward the truther camp...

It's not for everyone, i undertsand that and i know Moore has his critics but it changed my mind in regard to the bush administration.

It didnt quite change my life as i dont take US politics too seriously compared to Australian politics but it changed my perspective on things.

Another one from Moore was his latter movie Sicko, it amazed me the sad state that the US health system was in. Now i understand that if you as an American citizen are reading this and can afford health cover then you might not quite understand the impact this doco had.... but then compare the US system to all the other major health systems in the world and you will see that you are the minority when it comes to covering health for your citizens but of course the majority when it comes to world defence spending.....

I hope that makes sence...

The point being that one of the thousands of unexploded missles that have landed off-target in Afganistan or Iraq could have paid for the health care 10x over of the 1000 US citizens.....

Then think about the total amount spent on uneeded wars in the last 30 years
and how many ctizens those funds could have helped in regard to medical, medicare and medicaid expenses...

Medicare and Medicaid gonna send you bunkrupt?? No No No... Wars will send you bunkrupt.

What is the price of 1 M4-A1 Rifle?

What is the price of over 10,000,000.00 wasted small arms rounds?

What is the price of 1 cruise missle?

What is the price of 1 bunker buster?

What is the price of 1 JSF(aircraft)?

What is the price of 1 Raptor?

What is the price of 1 human life......... priceless!

Yet too expensive for the US government to spend on.....

edit on 30-5-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We Live in Public. Documentary and sociological experiment to show how life in the digital age will change the way we think:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Section69

Shamless Plug for your thread....

Thanks for contibuting though

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I just watched most of this, and most of it resonates with me. I feel that some of the things discussed in that video definitely connected some dots. very interesting view. F + S

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

redpill.tv...
redpill.tv...
redpill.tv...
redpill.tv...

grace powers from amenstop is great...
lots of truth, sources, proof, and good questioning...

she has more than this out but this is my all time favorite.
almost five hours though.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hi Havick007 !

You got it man ! ! See my signature ! ! B-)

I watched and watched and watched it a few years ago, borrowed from
my brother.Finaly I got MY 3 DVD kit some weeks ago !

Blue skies.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Hi SonOfTheLawOfOne ! !

Hey !! You've got it too ! !
6 of what you listed, did change my life a bit and a LOT ! ! B-)
See my signature too ! 2nd line.

[ The 2 lines where a LOT ! B-) ]

Blue skies.
edit on 2011/5/30 by C-JEAN because: Signature.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Noam Chompskie's Manufacturing Consent:

Full Doc
This tells about how everything on TV, one of, if not the biggest influencing medium around, is all manufactured consent, by definition.

Peace,
spec
edit on 30-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Carl Sagan's Cosmos series. I had, since early childhood, an interest in space and astronomy, but watching Cosmos kindled an intense fascination, and it changed the way I look at the world around me and the way that human beings interact with each other.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this correctly falls into the parameters of your categories but there's one thing that, hands down, changed my life irrevocably and permanently and that's the internet. I'm not of the generation that was born after the internet was established so I'm able to compare life before and life after the internet. I can only say it was the doorway to the ultimate education because it provided ways to attain knowledge and discovery of things I couldn't even conceive prior to its existence. For my generation, it was truly life changing.

TG

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Reading the work of Mircea Eliade: Mircea Eliade and his work

"On Death and Dying" by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross: On Death and Dying

Working as a Certified Nurse Aide and being present when people died.

Hat tip to the person who brought up the Richard Bachman books, also very thought-provoking.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
'Everybody Poops'...

Had to do it. lol

But seriously folks. I remember a very profound effect on me from Das Boot.

First time that the Germans were actually portrayed as humans with lives and loves. And the American Sub officers wanting to rescue the drowning Germans but unable to do so.

Very powerful moment for me.

Then nothing after that until 'Everybody Poops.'

Had to edit as I forgot to mention my high school English teacher that re-directed me from a life on the streets. Seen something in me and actually signed me up for a youth program called Katimavik in Canada. Got a letter and a plane ticket in the mail one day and 2 days later, I was off on a 9 month adventure that to this day, is the best of memories and my turning point in life.

Not a book, movie nor documentary, but a live person had the most profound effect on my life.

Great thread!

edit on 30-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Das Boots, yea that was one helluva movie, the original version too, with subs. Man what a crazy ride, highly recommended and in a class by itself!
www.netflix.com...

spec

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by jude11

Das Boots, yea that was one helluva movie, the original version too, with subs. Man what a crazy ride, highly recommended and in a class by itself!
www.netflix.com...

spec

Yup, the English version didn't do it for me at all.

Amazing.

edit on 30-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The documentary "De Nadie" left a huge impression on me.

It contains a very powerful account of the sacrifice and pain that central american immigrants take on to make it to the USA. Watching it leaves no doubt that the vast majority of them are not here because they want to be but because they have no other choice.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-5-2011 by JotaPlata because: edit to link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Reading the work of Mircea Eliade: Mircea Eliade and his work

"On Death and Dying" by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross: On Death and Dying

Working as a Certified Nurse Aide and being present when people died.

Hat tip to the person who brought up the Richard Bachman books, also very thought-provoking.

Wasn't Richard Bachman a pseudonym for Stephen King?

Same one?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"An Inconvenient Truth" changed my life. It was the first time I decided to research a topic for myself, after seeing the movie, and when I discovered that Al Gore was a liar and his entire life's work was based on fear, propaganda, and pseudoscience, I realized that most, if not all documentaries have an agenda and rarely, if ever tell the unbiased truth. Seeing that movie changed my life because it was the first time that I decided not to take information at face value.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
'___': The Spirit Molecule

The Heavenly Life by James Allen

NDE documentation and studies (including Edgar Cayce)

The Disclosure Project

The Gospel of Thomas
edit on 30/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Honestly the one that really inspired me was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

www.thelastlecture.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I had always known there was something screwy with the world but I spent much of my formative and early manhood years pissing my time away. One day in the mid nineties a friend put on America Under Siege and I was truly scared.

First time I heard of the NWO. Scarier than any Stephen King, for sure. It's where the semi-famous footage of the Beech Grove FEMA camp came from.

I still wonder what happened to Linda Thompson and the American Justice Federation. Her movies on Waco may not have been entirely factual but they did get the ball rolling as to what really happened to the Branch Davidians, which, sadly to this day, people are mostly unaware of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join