It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sesame Street: Innocent kid's show or left wing propaganda.?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Duh...

This should really go without saying. TV...is used to project and condition certain views in its viewers? That was its main attraction to those in positions of power. Imagine Hitler had the power of television at his disposal.

Obviously. 99.9% of TV shows on major networks promote a liberal agenda.

Even shows which could be regarded as 'conservative' like 7th heaven actually interposes into the storyline common, "modern" problems which ultimately stem from the conflict between the liberalizing trend of society and conservative Christian values. Thus, stop watching TV if you want to escape the liberal agenda. Thats the only way out.

There is no such thing as a genuine "conservative" power in politics today, You merely have open liberalism - the democrats, and those who pretend to be 'conservatives', but are actually just as liberal.

Look at Fox for instance. Foxnews seemingly promotes an ultra conservative agenda. And yet look at Fox - the network. The most liberal and nihilistic shows on TV are there; The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show. This is probably a symbolic indication of the duplicity specifically poigntant in the American right.

And last, look at Bohemian Grove - the great republican vacation getaway. Can you get anymore Greek? And Pagan? And Liberal?

Theres only one agenda and both parties serve its purpose; to liberalize and morally anesthetize the worlds public.

They're is nothing in your post I can argue with thank's for showing me a different angle on the issue.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roguesheep

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I was pretty young when Sesame Street came out, but was a little too old for it at the time. However, I was still young and innocent enough to believe that Bert and Ernie were brothers, even though we never saw their parents. After I got older it seemed they were living an alternate life style. Of course the purse carrying teletubby called "tinky-Winky" is quite obvious.

What you mean to tell me Bert and Ernie are actually a gay couple.

And yes tinky winky is pretty obvious I don't why they didn't go the whole hog and give him a handle bar moustache and a pair of leather chaps.

You people are opening up a whole new world of television viewing. I never knew any of this gossip about the characters!!!. Here's one of my favorite kids show...

edit on 31-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This is the filth they use to show us as kids.
Now tell me that the liberal media doesn't have an agenda

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Roguesheep

Alright those guys do look a little queer but face it there are gays in the world and they need to be represented. It's not like they are having sex on television like the straight couples do on afternoon television.

What are you against? The friendliness? The pink overalls?
They are not trying to promote a gay lifestyle any more than those daytime programs depicting straight sex are trying to get you to run out and have straight sex. I think these two are gay and just happen to have their own show. It is something you can skip over or turn off.

I feel sorry you had to watch those two and personally would blame your parents for letting you watch it. It is just bad television but I don't think it harms the child in any way.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I also don't think this is part of a liberal media agenda. It is real life evolution and TV depicts it. If we were still burning witches you'd see that too. Just noticed your avatar and it frightens me more than this programming
Hope I am dead then. Very old so chances good.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Pssst: Hale and Pace

edit on 31-5-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

I have read articles about the political and social messages conveyed in the Dr. Who episodes.

Have you seen the Dr. Who spin off "Torchwood" ?

Talk about an agenda...

Torchwood pushes gay and lesbianism to ridiculous lengths.
I couldn't take it after 5 episodes, gay characters are fine but
gay make out sessions every episode is just too much.

And I'll star the first person that can spot, and identify, the hidden
in plain sight ancient symbol in the first episode.
(Edit: the symbol is used as a plot device but it is misrepresented
as something else)

OT: Sesame Street does have leftist ideology mixed in with the
educational aspects, but what do you expect from PBS ???

edit on 31-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I think this is a comedic take on your friends there and other shows like it...Even they would be a lot more palatable if they wiped the sweat off their faces.

This is liberal television making fun of the "pair of guys in tandem" shows.
How can anyone say this is a liberal agenda? People are clever enough to determine what sex they are without deciding it from a TV show. This type programming has no effect what so ever.

Does it make being gay more acceptable and bring it into the mainstream?
No. Television reflects what is already in the mainstream.

edit on 31-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This message has been brought to you by the letters SU and the number 2.

You mean to tell me that a show before Hannity and Glenn Beck was used as a political platform?

Seriously, anything can be construed as a political platform.
But love the neighbor and cultural harmony is a basic fact of life now. Yet this author is trying to tout it as a bad thing.

So what would the poster and the blog writer be saying if SS and other shows went off and showed that war is good, separated families are fine, and it is all ok?

Sesame Street has approached tough subjects before. Such as when Mr. Hooper died. They did a segment on dealing with death with Big Bird that day. Is that a political platform? Or is that another episode of getting children to understand tough subjects?

Mr. Rogers used to go and personally counsel children whose parents are off at war about dealing with distanced families.
These shows do more for children then any right wing conspirator nut can drum up in a blog.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Of course the producers will work their beliefs into their show. Look at FOX, for example. They used to actually be "fair and balanced," but the conservative producers have undermined the political focus.

SeraphNB

top topics

<< 1   >>

join