It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why We Have So Many Patriots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I agree, and I also don't think it is a form of brainwashing because it isn't really teaching anyone anything. Those kids are citizens because they were born here, basically by chance, they could have been born anywhere, but given the circumstances they were born in America, and the pledge of allegiance is really a reminder of how grateful one should be that they get to exercise the rights all people should be born with.

Its national tradition, just like Holidays, and kids don't usually grasp those in there entirety that young also.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's because we have lost our values that this country has sunk so far so fast.

The old "Only Christians have morals" argument...
I don't know about you, but my values, as an atheist, are just fine.

The decline in Christianity closely parallels the rise of the police state.

So, naturally, the former CAUSED the latter? Couldn't it be that the rise in the police state CAUSED the decline in Christianity? Or could it be there's another cause altogether? Something more complex than, "It's the progressive liberal atheists fault"??

Maybe this is how it happened:

With the rise in more progressive and liberal thinking, the fundamental and conservative have revolted, trying to oppress the growth toward progression, therefore causing a divide. Since the more conservative and old-fashioned people just cannot stand for others to have the same rights and privileges they have, they have enacted the police state.

The fundamental conservatives are the ones who elected George Bush and support the Military Industrial Complex, not the evil, liberal, hippies.

edit on 5/30/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks OldCorp,
I'm not a US citizen, but that video moved me.
This is how it should be, spoken like a real patriot.
I admire you people for the love you feel for your country, and by country I mean your country and not your goverment.

OnlyLove

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This country did JUST FINE for 200 years under a Judeo-Christian ethic.

Yes, all that racism and genocide was no biggy, it was JUST FINE.

How's reading that history book coming along doc?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
The problem isn't with Christians. This country did JUST FINE for 200 years under a Judeo-Christian ethic.

It worked out great for the slaves, the women, and anyone the owned a farm the local preacher felt just happened to become tainted by witchcraft. Things sho was better when ya had slaves and your wife had no right to think. Damn them Christian days were good and moral. You could have sex with 13 year old brides, sent family members to prison for not wanting them around, and own the people that worked your field. Jesus was the way all that time.

S + F for the OP in and of itself but also just for finding a way to make a clip from the whitest kids you know. They have some of the best skits that no one ever sees.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The video is from a comedy show (Whitest Kids U'Know, Clint Webb). I thought it was pretty funny, "This is not a form of brain washing, This is not a form of brain washing, This is not a form of brain washing."

If you can't see the humor in it then maybe your wound up to tight.

reply to post by OldCorp

The problem isn't with Christians. This country did JUST FINE for 200 years under a Judeo-Christian ethic. What do you think made us the strongest country in the world? It was only when that ethic came under attack in the 60's and onward that we have fallen into this death spiral.

"Just fine" for 200 years? Really? I suppose so, unless you happened to be a negro living in slavery, or a woman living in suffrage, or a Native American member of the Five Nations driven to near extinction, or any number of groups that were living in some form or bondage or other. The USA is not a good example of Judeo-Christian ethic by a long shot - unless you consider the ethic "might makes right" to be its defining Juedo-Christian tenet?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wanted to say that I actually agree with the OP, except where he/she agrees with OldCorp here:

You want to know why this country is in so much trouble? Because since the 60's, soft liberals have wanted to take God out of our schools and out of our lives.

The truth is, I don't give a good crap whether God is in your life or not. School is not the place to learn about God. Religion is a personal choice and should be taught by parents and clergy, not the state. Anyone is free to pray anywhere they want, at any time, including school. But since not everyone wants to hear it, the school is not the place for prayers spoken aloud or led by the state-paid educators.

Separation of church and state is NOT a liberal idea.

To them, the rights of the minority outweigh the rights of the majority.

This is also not true. To me, the rights of the minority weigh JUST AS MUCH as the rights of the majority. Many people (perhaps you and all of those who starred your post) think that securing equal rights to all citizens (including gay people, women, and other minorities) is somehow infringing on their rights. As if gay marriage or women in the military somehow takes away their rights, which is ridiculous on the face of it.

Let's see how the founding fathers felt about this:

James Madison wrote in Federalist Paper 51: "It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part. If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure."

Source

Having gay people marry does NOT infringe on your rights.
Minorities having equal rights does NOT infringe on your rights.

Protecting the minority from Tyranny of the Majority is NOT a liberal idea.

As far as prayer in school, children can pray in school - silently. They can pray at home, on the bus, in church, in the park, in their SEATS... anywhere at anytime. Their right to pray has not been infringed.

The MAJORITY needs to stand up for their rights, before we have none left.

I'd like to know what rights have been taken away from you or what rights you're afraid are going to be taken away by a minority.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The truth is, I don't give a good crap whether God is in your life or not. School is not the place to learn about God.

I have to thank you for reminding me that the same people that usually say things such as your quote from oldcorp are also usually the ones to go on about how schools should not be propaganda machines and parents need to take more responsibility. I guess "god" gets an exemption with them for just about everything.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A patriot protects something.

What is worth protecting in America?

Our most famous women are whores that have sex tapes for sale.

Our men forsake this nation and other nations for an annual bonus.

Our young die fighting for corporations that payed to put snakes like Bush and Obama in office.

Our values are defined by the age of our gadgets.

Nothing is wrong in this nation, everything is acceptable.

The evil in the hearts of men has become the gardener of our yard.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
What is worth protecting in America?

Every single person living here and the ideals upon which the country was founded. Getting back to those ideals. Sorry if I sound like a 'patriot'... I am one.

Our most famous women are whores that have sex tapes for sale.

Who says "fame" is worthy of anything? It's worthless to me. The women who are worth protecting are our mothers, sisters, daughters and wives. Not famous chicks.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We are the minority in thinking.

A half a dozen of us could change this nation back.

We need dissidents right now.

Revolution is long overdue.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Because since the 60's, soft liberals have wanted to take God out of our schools and out of our lives. To them, the rights of the minority outweigh the rights of the majority.

I just love how Christians keep trying to whitewash history in an attempt to turn America back into the theocracy it never was.

The constitution was written by the founding fathers, some of whom looked down on religion, with the rights of minority groups in mind. The Christian God is mentioned no where in the constitution, and didn't appear in the the pledge of allegiance or on money until the 20th century, and has no place in government run institutions. If the first amendment and article VI don't make that clear enough, then the Treaty of Tripoli written in 1796 should:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Your rights as a Christian have not been trampled on and the downfall of America can not be blamed on secularism. Actually, the reverse could be said to be true, seeing as there are literally hundreds of thousands of Christian churches and schools in existence in this country, and Christians have managed to hijack half of the political spectrum.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

This is the way it should be done; by REAL patriots, and not a bunch of wankers.

A bit prophetic, yes?

You want to know why this country is in so much trouble? Because since the 60's, soft liberals have wanted to take God out of our schools and out of our lives. To them, the rights of the minority outweigh the rights of the majority. Here locally just this year, for the first time, there was no prayer at the high school graduation because ONE kid said it infringed on his rights to be made to stand silently while everyone else bowed their heads and gave thanks to God.

I blame the school administrators, the soft, wishy-washy, afraid to offend one person children of the 60's. And I blame the parents too, for allowing it to happen even though nobody else complained. The MAJORITY needs to stand up for their rights, before we have none left.
edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/2011 by OldCorp because: OOPS - Sorry Canada

You Sir, make me glad I'm not a 'Yank' (which is the catch-all phrase here for people from the United States).
Your gun doesn't scare me, your god doesn't scare me and the blind and unabashed nationalism, uh, patriotism doesn't scare me.
What does scare me is the prevailing attitude that the U.S.A. (Hoo-Rah) is god's country and the bigotry and ignorance it breeds.
edit on 30-5-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Not all "Yanks" are like this. There are many whom are striving to make change for the better with the rest of the people of the world.

More than you may think and more than the media would care to report.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join