It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic Trucks. The New skynet by Lockheed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Check this video out. I know this is old technology, Ive seen robotic cars for the past decades and such. These trucks use LIDAR to make a map of the surrounding area and drive themselves. The driver can take over control of the vehicle if needed.

I can envision a convoy of 50-100s of these trucks in the desert, some support vehicles. This is turning into a robotic war.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just EMP and pray they don't have adequate shielding.

If they are hardened well, I suppose it's time to bend over and kiss your rear goodbye!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
EMP would be good but I don't think the enemy has such capability, and most US military equipment is shielded. A better option would be to RPG the lead trucks and let them all crash or something. OR to snipe out the LIDAR camera.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
lol you guys obviously havent seen too many movies? Dont you know these things can transform??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
An AS50 with depleted uranium rounds would probably do the job nicely and in the hands of a well trained operator could take out 10 fairly quickly. Would carry a bit of a price tag, less probably than emps, but the civilian version by barret last I checked was $9000 and the ammunition was around $25/round.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by j35us

25 bucks a round is well worth it to take out an entire convoy heading your way.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Why? You're looking at it as if evolution was bad (it's always been looked at negatively, ALWAYS). Life is what you make of it. It's all smoke and mirrors. Are you really going to bend down at the off chance that a 'EMP doesn't hit' the truck?

Smoke and mirrors to make YOU think you don't have a choice, when you have all the choice not to subject yourself to what you don't want to.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Rather ominous what Lockheed's motto is: We never forget who we're working for

This is a press release of their purchase of the UK's HMT Vehicles, the probable location of original manufacturing.
www.lockheedmartin.com...

Seems it's too early to get any kind of specs out of them beyond the video you posted. In similar news, here are a few of their new showcase pieces:

The Sniper ATP also provides essential non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance using high-resolution, mid-wave FLIR and TV sensors, which operate in conjunction with a dual-mode laser, permitting eye-safe operation and precise geo-location in urban environments.

On this next one pay special attention to the video off to the side, it's a 3D model of Washington DC.

join