It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences with something Odd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Edit: I split this into two post I was not sure if there was a limit to how long a post can be.

The last 3 years I have had multiple odd/ strange experiences, these things could have been nothing but dreams, but I just feel it more to it. I don't believe they were dreams.

Just a background on me. I probably don't meet the stereotypical appearance and lifestyle. I'm a biracial, 23 year old. Never lived on a farm. When I was younger it was odd, I was fascinated with the stars. When I was old enough instead of getting a Playstation (the first one), I asked for a telescope. My father gave me the "Oh boy my son looks like he's going to be a nerd look." As a 8-9 year old I would go to the local park as gaze at the sky through the telescope. Or I would walk 2 flights of stairs with my big telescope and park my self almost in the middle of my inner city apartment complex.
This was in the 90s. I believe I may have gotten it around the time of 97-98, there was a comet that had made a close approach and was visible with the naked eye, and I at the time was prepared to see it through a telescope next time it passed. To my knowledge it has not comeback.
The strange part was that I was absolutely terrified of the alien special on TV. Fox would air shows about aliens, UFOs, alien abductions, almost every week. Unsolved Mysteries would have shows about ufo with that creepy music. I would turn the station or run the room when they was about to come on. It was crazy. I never had an personal experience with UFO or aliens. Except in 9th grade on the school bus I saw a star in the sky at about 8-9 in the morning. It was odd. Creeped me out but I quickly got it out of my mind, and stopped thinking about it. I never forgot about it though.

Till 2009 (3 years after I graduated from high school) everything was quiet I could care less about UFO's and aliens, telescope stayed in my closet. I would even watch the occasional ufo show.
2009 I was majoring in aviation, moved out into the county (Baltimore County, Maryland). It was around mid- late February. I use the checkpoint of around Obama First 100 days (The media for some reason was counting days since he was elected). One night I was sitting on the Sofa I happen to look out the window and saw 3 lights moving like a plane but tilting to one side. And looked to be flying extremely low. I ruled out plane, but the more I thought about it the more it occured to me that maybe I saw my first UFO..
March 15 2009 I joined the MUFON forums (the old ones before they were shut down), I read that a bunch of people actually saw something in the sky around the same time period. I made a topic on how I thought I saw the same thing.

This was not the the strangest thing that happened to me though. Below is basically the real reason why I'm typing this.
A few months after the above UFO sighting around May-July, I was asleep early in the morning. When I was wroke up by very deep chill... I think I was still in my room, though it was darker then normal. For some reason I could not move. It's kind of hard to explain but it was like I actually forgot how to move my body. I turned my head to the left, and there I saw what appeared to be a dark humanoid figure standing next to my bed. I could for only see the lower body. long skinny arm, and it had 3 WRINKLED fingers. I think I was too scared to look up to see the head. I just remembered the arm, and the fingers I knew there was nothing that was suppose to look like that. This lasted for about 30 seconds, then I was felt as though I was "jolted awake." and It was daylight outside. I still had a very deep chill running through me, a nasty taste in my mouth and my nose had that "draining feeling" sinus kind of feeling. This freaked me out. I only live with my mother. I knew it was not her as she was probably already at work. I made a topic on the mufon forums got a few replies, one said maybe it was "shadow people."
I was just creeped out. I NEVER saw anything like that before, there was no shows that I watched that feature that kind of imagery.
I do remember being pretty sick afterwards.
I happened to mention my story to my grandmother a few weeks later. She told me that My Father had a very similar experience years ago. Apparently he awoke and saw 2 white human like "creatures" standing at his bed side. Apparently they told him to "Come with US". He was so upset about it that he went to her, and told about what had seen. My Father was one of the toughest people around.

I'm going to go ahead and post this section now, I'm not sure if post have any character/word limits... read below

edit on 29-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

heyyy logicalist
i am fairly new to this site but i have had an encounter with some similaraties i have always been fascinated with the stars and space etc, etc .......
and when i was a child around 10-11 years old i had a very vivid dream that i remember perfectly to this day i was in my bedroom and i looked out of the indow to see what i thought was a UFO landing.
then i heard a great crash and looked towards the landing (the place above the stairs) and saw shadows on the wall coming up the stairs so i leapt in my bed and wrapped myself under my quilt........ and thats where i woke, i refused for about 20 mins to come out cos i truely believed the dream had happened.
but obviously there was nothing there when i did.. but maybe unrelated but i have had a 2nd birth mark for as long as i can remember. also it was around 3-4 am when i woke. hope this helps??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The strangest event happened about a year later. It was early in the morning about 5 or 6 am...
I have/had a tradition of waking up about 20-30 minutes after my mother left and making sure she shut the balcony door. She liked to let the morning air in, and let the cat go outside on the porch and play. Though it was about June or July and hot outside..
This particular morning was different. I woke up actually because I heard a noise in the kitchen and thought the cat had got into something. I had the feeling that I could not move and I was freezing. My eyes were barely open. I was scared to open them fully. Once I did open my eyes I realized there was nothing at my bedside. I still could not move, I remembered laying there for about 10 minutes. I finally got up. When I left my bedroom I made a right to go in the direction of the kitchen and balcony (Kitchen has a door that leads to the balcony) In the corner of the hallway was a small humanoid figure. Skinny, long arms, 3 winkled fingers, dark blue or black, big fat head. (same as the first encounter). For some odd reason when I saw this it did not click in my head what I was seeing. I "think" I stopped for a millisecond, that was probably my "WTF" moment, but strangely I continued and went in the kitchen shut the balcony door. For some reason it did not click in my head to look down the hall to see if it was still there.
I then went into my bedroom and went to sleep. Normally once I'm woke I stay woke for a hour or so trying to get back to sleep. But this time it felt that I instantly went to sleep after I hit the bed. I awoke 3-4 hours later it felt like someone had tapped me on the back of my head, I had a nasty medicine like taste in my mouth, Sinus/Allergy like drainage in my nose.
I remember what I saw. I went to the Mufon forum reported what I think happened.. A few suggested I check myself out, for marks etc.
Some said maybe it was a dream but I doubted it.
I got extremely sick after that, (flu like illness)went to the hospital.

After that I started to stock up on UFO books.
I wanted to know what I was experiencing, was I going crazy??

This year I have had 2 odd experiences. Nothing like the 2 above but still creepy.

January I was laying on my bed when I had just looked into the corner. This is also hard to describe but I saw symbols, just out of nowhere. Maybe it was my eyes just playing tricks on me, I don't know. Initially I blew it off and tried to forget about it but later that night for some reason I had the urge to draw what I saw.

I still have the paper I drew the symbols on. I will try to include that once I get my scanner working.
That night I remember having a dream about Nasa or someone finding footsteps on the moon or mars, and finding symbols..

The last strange event I had was one evening I had awoke from a nap and I look at the ceiling. And saw what appeared to be a alien Head....Maybe I was still dreaming it looked like a Gray alien, It was really a dark gray texture and appeared to be winkles on its face. It looked extremely real...It was nothing that I remember seeing before.

I haven't really reported this officially to a UFO expert, I fear that once they see that I went out to buy books on this subject, they would lose interest and say that I was influenced, or just want attention, when I was really just trying to see what was going on with my life.

That is my story, a series of ODD events spanning 2-3 years.I'm not asking for money, I'm not role playing on the internet, I'm open to conclusions.. I'm not asking for attention.I do not plan to go write a book. I'm not claiming to be a starchild, not claiming to be followed by the government. You can believe me or not. That's a basic human right to believe what we want. But for a while I tried to Logically think about these events in my life. I tried to past these events off as daydreams, dreams, nightmares. I just feel as it is more to it.
This has been in my head for the past couple of years, I needed to type it somewhere.

Thanks for reading. Everyone
Sorry for any typos
Not the best typer.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by H3rbW4rri0r

I noticed after my experiences I have 3 moles on my thumb that are about equal distance apart. One just below my nail the two others lined up right under it.. They don't hurt or anything but it's crazy they are there after these experiences.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a case of sleep paralysis coupled with hypnagogic hallucinations. In our sleep our bodies go into paralysis mode so that we don't act out our dreams. Sometimes our minds awaken before our body has the chance to catch up, thus being unable to move while 'awake', though in reality we are still partially asleep. I've experienced all sorts of craziness in this state...shadow alien-like figures, this entity that looked like it was made of water, blood-strewn walls in my bedroom, creepy demonic voices, my cat turning evil and trying to attack me, my pillow taking the form of a little dancing creature (this actually made me laugh, it was kinda cute!.) They are thought projections. Although the vividness of the hallucination and the inability to move can be quite terrifying, no harm can come of you. I've found the best way to react is to just relax until you can snap out of it or fall back asleep.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

mine is more like a very faded birth mark on my right forearm about 4cm in length and 1cm in width but even my parents know nothing of how it got there neither and its not a scar or anything so i dunnoo ?? :/

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Star & Flag, I would be interested in seeing the symbols you drew.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kipfilet

I searching through my drawer now for the paper. Its really a bunch of dots in a circle. I'm searching for it.
Maybe it means something maybe not.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I found the paper with the symbol I drew. It really isn't much. I just had a urge to draw it. I do not know why.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erowynn
Sounds to me like a case of sleep paralysis coupled with hypnagogic hallucinations. In our sleep our bodies go into paralysis mode so that we don't act out our dreams. Sometimes our minds awaken before our body has the chance to catch up, thus being unable to move while 'awake', though in reality we are still partially asleep. I've experienced all sorts of craziness in this state...shadow alien-like figures, this entity that looked like it was made of water, blood-strewn walls in my bedroom, creepy demonic voices, my cat turning evil and trying to attack me, my pillow taking the form of a little dancing creature (this actually made me laugh, it was kinda cute!.) They are thought projections. Although the vividness of the hallucination and the inability to move can be quite terrifying, no harm can come of you. I've found the best way to react is to just relax until you can snap out of it or fall back asleep.

I read about sleep paralysis. I dont think that would account for the experience I had with something standing in the corner of my hallway as I was out of bed when I saw that. Or the fact that it made me sick. It's possible, its extreme sleep paralysis lol I don't know. It was crazy though.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join