It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home medical remedies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yikes! on the pics of that staff infection. The key is to not let it get that bad. That pic of the hand reminded me of Civil War medicine where they would amputate and then stick the stump in burning oil. That hand is so far gone that amputation is next on the check list.

I hardly ever get any infections, my immune system is hard core. I can always tell if a wound is infected the next day just by the feel of it, will tend to have a sting or burning sensation. I can't describe this any better, but I know it when I feel it, That's when to take care of it the next day, don't wait a week and think all is going to be peaches and cream.

Need to use whatever is on hand. Even gasoline can be used in a pinch. Been using Super glue gel for the last few years to close stuff up, might have to reapply the next day and that's it forget about it. Worst case cauterize it Rambo style with your survival knife heated red hot in the fire. Will hurt like hell, but sure beats amputation.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
my gran used to use hot milk soaked in white bread to treat infections, sores...... and it really worked!!

i think all the old remedies were better than most if not all pills you buy today!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tatreanna

Great first post Tatreanna, it looks like you have done a lot of homework on this. Neem sounds very good, I read a little on it after reading your post. All these great ideas have given me and others a starting point to learn about.I wish I paid more attention to my grandmother she had a cure for most anything. She had Aloe Vera plants growing around her front porch. She said it was a necessity with five boys always hurting something.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

Thanks, Rede2go. I'm kind of a professional lurker, but was stoked that there was something I could confidently post about.
Glad you looked up Neem. I, too, wish I'd paid more attention to my grandmother's remedies... Great knowledge lost, I'm sure.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi Op,

Although this is NOT a natural remedy by any means....I hate even saying the initials MMS but I keep this in our home at all times. I have seem numerous family members and friends suffering from hard core infections to minor colds take this stuff for 2-3 days with the strangest miracle like effect.

A neighbor with the nastiest gum disease I've ever seen started rinsing with MMS and taking it internally for approx 1 month with amazing results. Now I think he just rinses with it a couple times a week. His gums look 80% better which improved his breath dramatically. Ugh Just speaking on the matter makes me queasy.

It bothers me that I don't really know how it works but it does. I figure its a good thing to have in an emergency.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Bachrk because: add on

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When I feel I am sick or have any kind of infection I take Allimax. I never take antibiotics. It is a supplement that supposedly is strong enough to fight MRSA infections. I have a year supply in my emergency preparedness closet.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evilene

Manuka Honey...

Manuka Honey prevents the bacteria from forming biofilms and proceeds to draw water out of the bacterial cells, making it impossible for the bacteria to survive. This is how Manuka Honey is able to destroy MRSA and heal Staph infections where antibiotics have failed. To date, there has been no evidence of any form of bacteria being able to develop a resistance to Manuka Honey.

edit on 30-5-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

and COLD PRESSED Extra Virgin Coconut Oil...
edit on 30-5-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
plantain leaf (common weed)
colloidal silver

I get cut all the time in dirty conditions; I'm a carpenter: splinters, shards, rusty metal, etc.

Haven't had an antibiotic 8 years or so.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am not a doctor nor a scientist so I don't know how this works, but it does.

For an earache have someone blow smoke from a cigarette into the infected ear and for some reason it takes away the pain.

Tobacco also helps with bee stings if you hold a wad of wet tobacco over a sting.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join