It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian and Ukrain Medics in Libya - Open Appeal to UN to Stop The Genocide.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

No no.

What happened in Rwanda is genocide, what happened to the Jews and millions of others during WW2 is genocide. What has been happening in Darfur is genocide.

Targeting military equipment to enforce a no fly zone and unfortunately killing civilians in the process is NOT genocide. Genocide requires the targeting of civilians deliberately as well which the US and NATO is NOT doing.
edit on 29-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by teapot

I am suggesting they are blowing this out of proportion.

Bombings kill people. But genocide requires a concerted effort.

This is not genocide.

Uh-huh.

Next time someone bombs your neighborhood, you give me a call, and we'll see how calmly you react. I'll make sure to hold your feet to the fire to make sure you get "all the facts" straight, so you don't "blow it out of proportion".

Genocide, no.

Indiscriminate and senseless bombing that is killing civilians, and causing untold suffering? Yes.
What would it look like to you, if you were on the ground, as one of these medics?

With the tornado disasters in the US, to the people caught up in the storms, they feel it is truly the end of the world.
edit on 29-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree that those are all excellent examples of the definition. Maybe those who are there are witnessing something different??
We did not know the full extent of these examples you have provided, until people on the ground witnessed first hand the ultimate horror.
Maybe the term "genocide" is not appropriate but like I said... The end result is the same.

The OP should have ued the words "indiscriminate killing of citizens by accidental droping of bombs in their neighborhood that by no fauly of their own is the only thing between said bombs and the ultimate target who may or may not have commited heinous acts according to the MSM"??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

thinking the same thing at the same time. i am one-handed typing.... holding a baby!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Oh please.

No one is bombing Libyan neighborhoods...Except maybe Libyans themselves. most of the fighting and dying is taking place among Libyans.

I take exception to the notion that this is a US/NATO/EU lead "genocide". It's BS and you and everyone else here knows it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

Oh please.

No one is bombing Libyan neighborhoods...Except maybe Libyans themselves. most of the fighting and dying is taking place among Libyans.

I take exception to the notion that this is a US/NATO/EU lead "genocide". It's BS and you and everyone else here knows it.

I glad to see you are safe there in Lybia.

I bet you believe that terrorists flew planes in to the World Trade Center because someone told you.

Just because you may be military or ex-military doesn't mean you have to take their word for it like a good solder.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

Oh please.

There is no doubt in my mind that NATO is bombing whatever and where ever they want. The Libyans are not doing this and were attacked in the first place by Muslim Brotherhood along with Al Qiada then by NATO. How does bombing buildings and such have anything to do with a "No Fly-zone"; that is why it is an outright attack on a sovereign nation!

What right do we have to tell another country or government you can't defend yourself?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What does that have to do with anything?

Sorry, no I'm not a 9/11 truther and it isn't because someone told me something. But because I've done my homework. Deal with it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

At what point did I advocate the action in Libya? There was a time when I felt we had to do something. But the more I learned the less I supported the action. I'm still not going to call it genocide, because that is not what is happening.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It's an analogy ... A bad one I'll give you that.
You are taking the side of the bombing without really being there.

Why do you not believe the accounts of those that are actually there?

Before you come back on my stance...
I think I want to see some evidence before I decide what to call it. All I know these bombs are taking collateral damage. Can you agree to that?
I don't think we can agree on the whole peace thing though. You seem pretty bent on bombing for whatever reason.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

When did I infer I'm for bombing?

I've acknowledged that people die in bombings...What more do you want?

It's NOT genocide. It's a military campaign, yes, but it isn't a wholesale slaughter.

People die in war.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by teapot

I am suggesting they are blowing this out of proportion.

Bombings kill people. But genocide requires a concerted effort.

This is not genocide.

Give it some time maybe and we will see that genocide can take longer than a few months

The one word "genocide" just has you mad that it's being used, which is understandable. But are you the medic that has to deal with the dead and dying over there? Neither am I, so to get so mad about one word on a topic you know nothing about except through conspiracy sites, is not thinking logically. Stop pre apologizing for what could quite possibly be true, given enough time.
edit on 29-5-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No no.

What happened in Rwanda is genocide, what happened to the Jews and millions of others during WW2 is genocide. What has been happening in Darfur is genocide.

Targeting military equipment to enforce a no fly zone and unfortunately killing civilians in the process is NOT genocide. Genocide requires the targeting of civilians deliberately as well which the US and NATO is NOT doing.

Quite and ironically enough that is what Gadaffi was doing! But hey let's not spoil the OP rants shall we. After all the west are evil liars who constantly kill people in their millions whereas the Russians and dictators like Gaddafi are nice people and always have been........

To all you Gadaffi lovers : Gadaffi targetted civilian targets with no military significance. Gadaffis troops gang raped women in Misrati. Gadaffi had to be stopped.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

To be honest every day this mission goes on the more and more I feel we should have just let it be. Every time a dictator kills his own people the demonize they west for doing nothing. When the West, especially the US does do something, they call it genocide.

Can't have it both ways folks. War ain't a nice thing.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
And it if it was about the dollar, why did Europe then push for action against Khaddafi?

the life of the Euro is connected with the life
of the US Dollar. When one falls, they both fall.
And BOTH are a paper currency printed
out of thin air with no backing.

this is why Europe is against Gadaffi.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If the doctors & medics had confined their comments to a very general condemnation of violence that'd be something most people could support.

But if your read their whole letter, they condemn NATO/US wholeheartedly. But they say nothing whatever about Gaddafi's tanks & artillery bombarding cities for days on end. Presumably civilian casualties caused by Gaddafi's regime aren't quite as important as others.

I don't support our involvement in Libya in any way. But this isn't genocide on our part & it's risible to suggest otherwise.

This letter's just a one side propaganda piece. I'd be amazed if the doctors and medics quoted even exist.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

No no.

Quite and ironically enough that is what Gadaffi was doing! But hey let's not spoil the OP rants shall we. After all the west are evil liars who constantly kill people in their millions whereas the Russians and dictators like Gaddafi are nice people and always have been........

To all you Gadaffi lovers : Gadaffi targetted civilian targets with no military significance. Gadaffis troops gang raped women in Misrati. Gadaffi had to be stopped.

Well if rape is on the pre bombing checklist then lets start bombing ALL rapists? Bombs away!!!! Bomb anyone nearby too just for good measure.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And Kids die also in bombings .War is a war a? .....from yesterday :

NATO airstrike kills 12 Afghan children, two women
channel6newsonline.com...
edit on 29-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yep, war is war.

Bad things happen in war. That's the reality of it.

I don't like it any more than you do.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by malcr

To be honest every day this mission goes on the more and more I feel we should have just let it be.

correct, we should have never went in there.

All nations should leave Libya.

If they want to trade in gold,
let them. It's their gold.

Gadaffi took better care of Libyans
than the US takes care of Americans.

And all the other Muslim nations who were
gonna join Gadaffi in the gold standard are
also having revolutions to oust their regimes
as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>