It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality, Coming Soon To A Home Near You !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

I Really, Really, Really Don't think so!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ON MAY 27TH THE INDIANA SUPREME COURT RULED THAT IT SI PERMISSIBLE FOR POLICE OFFICERS TO ENTER YOUR HOMES WITH A NO KNOCK REASON OR WRRANT TO COME INTO YOUR HOME WITH NO CVALID REASON. IS THIS NAZI GERMANY ALL OVER AGAIN..HEY LEETS JSUT LET THEM IN AND LET THEM RAPE AND PILLAGE OUR HOMES FOR WHAT THEY WANT AND GO ON OR BE SUBJECT TO JAILS AND AND THE CRAP THEY DISH OUT..BE FORE THIS HAPPEN MY RIGHTS WERE DULY VIOLATED AND THEY TRIED TO HID EIT BY SAYING IT WAS AFTER MIDNIGHT OF THE 27TH OF MAY BUT THE INDIDNA SUPREME COURT DIDNT RULE UNTIL LATE AFTERNOON SO HOW DID THE POLICE KOW AND HOW AND WHY DID THEY SEARCH MY HOME WITH NO WARRANT ADN NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY WANTED TO AND THEY COULD....AMERICAN IS GOING TO HELL AND IF IT IS I WNAT OFF AND IF THE POLICE ARE GOING TO HAVE THAT AUTHOURITY THEN THEY NEED TO I GUES BE GIVEN THE AUTHOPRITY TO GO AHEAD AND KILL EVERYTHING THEY SEE TOO...ME I FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY NOW I WONDER IF I DIDNT MAKE A BIG MISTAKE IF I FOUGHT FOR THIS TYPE OF FREEDON

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My daughter was arrested the other day in Naples, Florida by the Naples Police Department. She supposedly committed the crime as a juvenile, but they waited one day after her 18th birthday so that they could throw her in the adult jail and charge her with a felony (she connected an undercover cop with a friend of her who sold marijuana). By law, she should have been taken to the juvenile court. In addition, her friend called my husband to let him know our daughter was being arrested. For doing this, with no warning, the cops started yelling "DO NOT RESIST" and threw her on the ground while choking her. She wasn't under arrest, and had every right to call someone if she wanted to. She was taken to juvenile jail for calling my husband, and roughed up.

My daughter was charged with a felony for allegedly assisting a drug transaction when the amount (under 2 ounces) was a misdemeanor. The paper work has two different amounts listed...obviously the corrupt officer changed the amount to increase the charge. The Naples Florida cops, we have been told, are corrupt. We have been told that the Collier County Sheriff's are a good group. In addition, the Naples Police department took my daughter's $450 phone and didn't provide a receipt or inventory of her belongings. It is one thing to keep the phone as evidence and provide a receipt, and another to simply steal our phone without providing us any documentation that it would be returned. If your the police you can take whatever you want?

I have no doubt that a good criminal attorney will be able to get this dismissed. The paperwork itself is faulty. I will also enjoy my daughter's 16 year-old friend suing the Naples Police department for assault, brutality and for false arrest. I have never seen such blatant unprofessionalism or over-the-top corruption. When the cops cross this line, they create hatred and distrust in the general public.

edit on 29-5-2011 by lostviking because: grammar

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats

"....You still have to comply and go to jail....". Ok, that explains you very well. . Everybody s guilty and should comply and go to jail? What about innocents? Should everyone comply and go to jail? How old are you BTW?

I don't get your point. If the cops are arresting you then they have probable cause to. If you are not guilty that is what the justice system is for. It isn't the cops job to decide if you are guilty. It is their job to arrest people that are most likely guilty. So blaming the cops and fighting them really isn't solving anything on your end. If you are guilty or not your best option is do what they say and be calm about it, be silent if you wish. If you are found innocent or they don't end up pressing charges then take it up with a lawyer and defent your rights. If you don't like the system then don't put yourself in a position you need to be in it. If you happen to be put in the situation by no fault of your own then fighting with police isn't going to help your cause any. Cops don't just randomly go around taking people to jail. They have a reason to take people to jail. If that reason isn't good enough then that is what the justice system is for.

Now the justice system is whole different argument on right and wrong.

Is there police brutality? Of course there is. They get busted for it all the time. In fact the cops in some of these videos got in trouble. No one is pointing that out though are they?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It isn't police. It is the nature of some human beings. Being put in a position of power they make irrational decisions.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Who watches the watchmen?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

i say this to people whos only reply in these threads are that cops do good too

"cops do good things too"

YEA?!

so did hitler

he wouldnt have gained as much control and popularity in his country which allowed him to come to power without doing SOME GOOD

so why dont you people leave these threads, stop kissing cops asses online and go praise hitler with your same logic

So.. cops are now in line with Hitler?

Exaggerate much? Go ahead if you like.. most of the cop haters love to exaggerate to make their points. Out of the thousands of stops and arrests each day across the nation, are you surprised there is a nice handful of "abuse" videos? I'm not. Cops are people, and many people are jerks. It just so happens that police -have- to have some degree of that "don't mess with me" attitude to do their jobs and stay safe. So it's more obvious when the bad ones step out of line.

When I lived in a smaller town in upper PA, there was one police station. I'd say it was a pretty standard station - there was one gung-ho jerk that did abuse his authority (although not to the degree in the videos) - one cocky but very funny cop, and a few just solid, dependable guys. I was good friends with the chief, so knew them all pretty well. All in all, they were good folks, just doing their job, which often times, is quite dangerous. Since a lot of the times they have do deal with the poor hapless citizens you feel so bad for, is when they are drunk, drugged, and belligerent. I've known many to go out of their way to help folks, and help the community besides. This "all cops are evil pigs" mentality is a bit sickening, to be honest.

There are bad cops. And a lot of them are called out and punished. There is no doubt there are some power hungry morons. There has to be, since I meet these sort of people every day. Only difference is they don't have a club, taser or gun.

But a police state? Please... it's not a police state. Tomorrow, on Memorial Day, across the nation, millions of Americans will go to parks, or rooftops in their downtown apartment buildings.. or to baseball games.. and play loud music, and drink, and have fun. You folks don't know what a police state is.

nice interpretation of my words to say police are in line with nazis

but ill bite

you say we dont know what a police state is in your last paragraph

would you call nazi germany a police state? because hitler was involved in the olympics, and in nazi germany there was loud music, fun, drinking, games, and parks

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
heres one thing i really want to know

how much do you people get paid to come on these boards and kiss politicians, cops, and military members asses

seriously how much? is it hourly, salary? what is it? and how do you get hired?

theres NO WAY the actual public is THAT stupid

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You are really Naive. And dont live in the real world. Why should an innocent person be submissive to an errant public servant?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

*sighs* ....this story makes me sad ..and I really hope you get some justice for your daughter, as well as her friend.

How would these police want their daughters treated if they were to be arrested for committing a crime. It's like they are looking for an excuse to screw up somebody's life. I don't get it..the war on drugs, yet the biggest drug lords are CIA???

I don't know what kind of police you have ,but the police around here as far as I've witnessed are generally really good...with the odd incident here and there regarding some serious misuse of power....but then again...I don't know whats happened to everyone in this city.

Wishing you the best of luck with getting all this sorted out.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies

how much do you people get paid to come on these boards and kiss politicians, cops, and military members asses

I really don't think that's a fair statement for people who are just trying to see things fairly,and be honest about what they feel and have witnessed. I give our police...(smaller Canadian city mind you)..a thumbs up for how I see them doing their jobs. If you want to call me an a** kisser for that..go ahead..but its not you who I have had to reach out to when I needed help,and its not you who helped me either.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Bottom line: We give them trust to serve and protect. All violations should be met as one would treat a traitor. I personally would like to see them put to death. Treason against those you swore to protect is far worse than any murderer, rapist, thief, or drug dealer.

Maybe people feel as if it is time to stop trusting the police who are supposed to serve and protect the public, and it is time for the people to trust each other in policing the police.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
nope.. I think it was always like this. Only now we have cameras in our cellphones and youtube. If someone works for the police doesn't make him a good person by default.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies

I really don't think that's a fair statement for people who are just trying to see things fairly,and be honest about what they feel and have witnessed. I give our police...(smaller Canadian city mind you)..a thumbs up for how I see them doing their jobs. If you want to call me an a** kisser for that..go ahead..but its not you who I have had to reach out to when I needed help,and its not you who helped me either.

well then i salute whatever cop actually came and helped you because here in the state of ny

when we call the police they dont come

we call the police on noise ordinance where the smell of crack is emanating from

we call the police regarding fights

we call the police regarding children screaming like they are dying

the police never come

we call the police, tell them specifically which corner stores are selling drugs (and i dont mean weed)

we are told they know

a puerot rican festival takes place yearly, last year a riot broke out in our city that night

on my street cars were backed up for blocks both ways(this is a main thoroughfare) as puerto rican crack heads (not all prs are crackheads but this group was, i know that for a fact) blocked off the streets with their cars and partied in the road while lighting fires in the road

we call police, we are told they cant help because the riot squad is too "overwhelmed" over a few blocks away

we call the police because our homes and our neighbors homes are broken into

they dont come

we call the police because mail is being stolen from every mailbox on the block

they dont come

im real glad the cops help you in your town

where do you live? id like to move

all of the previous statement is 100 percent true according to my own personal experience and i stake my soul on the fact that it is 100 percent true
edit on 29-5-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here's a website I found one day while checking some stuff out for a family member. It's some kind of "Buy my Video" page, but there is some really great informational videos on the page about what your rights are when stopped by a LEO. It gives some good advice on what to say, what NOT to say, etc.
flexyourrights.org...
As far as police brutality goes, yes it's there, undoubtedly so, but there are far more good cops than there are bad ones. I can't speak highly enough about the FHP Troopers or the Pasco County Police, as I've only had one marginally bad experience with a state trooper who was obviously a transfer from another state, and thought that his badge and his gun made him God. Other than that one experience, the rest of my interactions with them have been very professional, and at times personal and friendly. I've written to the Sheriff of Pasco county a few times to give kudos to some of his deputies for the way they handled a few family tragedies. It's the few idiots who tarnish the image of the good ones, but we ALL know that there's always at least one a**hole in every crowd...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats

You are really Naive. And dont live in the real world. Why should an innocent person be submissive to an errant public servant?

They shouldn't, however the majority of people are not. Some people are totally screwed over. It happens. Fighting the police isn't going to solve anything though, just makes your case worse. Thats what I am saying.

If I didn't live in the real world for the last 34 years then where have I been? Simply because my encounters with the police have not been negative and I am not against police in general then I am not only naive but also law enforcement and/or getting paid to post here. Irony here is my post got deleted for calling names and bad behavior.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You have no rights, no justice, no hope.
The police are the Law they can do what ever they like.
there is nothing you can do about it.
your congressman can and will not help you.
No one will help you.
go to work. then go home and stay indoors.
keep the lights out and dont make a sound.
buy what the adverts tell you.
dont commit a crime to make them arrest you.
If you do. you deserve every thing you get.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Police do not have to SERVE AND PROTECT! They are punishers of the law, the state/cities agents who collect fines ONLY!

Here is a supreme court case that makes is clear as day
www.nytimes.com...

"WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation."

www.youtube.com...
"no legal obligation to come to your aid"

www.freerepublic.com...
more court rulings....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinkb
nope.. I think it was always like this. Only now we have cameras in our cellphones and youtube. If someone works for the police doesn't make him a good person by default.

I agree with you..the same can be said for a teacher ,a religious leader , or a doctor, a lawyer ,a scientist,etc....

That being said..it doesn't make them a bad person by default because he/she is a police officer.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is the result of decades of Right Wing "law and order". It's screaming about "illegals". It's putting people in jail for marijuana offenses. It's three strikes your out regardless. It is thinking you can solve problems by execution and prison. You brought this on yourselves. Enjoy it. America dies at your hands.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've had to talk to the cops to explain my innocence. I was not arrested. I've been let go when I shouldn't have been. I've been set up and let go.

I was a victim of a rogue officer once. Twas just a bit of blood on my wrist, though. I was looking at 2 years jail time because I wouldn't plead guilty for probation. The judge fined me $20.00 because I "look like I'm up to something."

The worst experience I've had was getting got in a newly hatched speed trap while revisiting my hometown. You can never go home. I got off pretty lightly, though, considering my insurance and tag had expired.

I've had positive and negative experiences with cops. I see the attitude of enforcement change from town to town. I know that all cops are not good. They've also been very helpful to me in the past.

Police brutality is unacceptable. I did talk to a policeman just the other day who I know is vigilant against it. There are police who want to eradicate it. I think they should should be promoted to inspectors. They should test the departments. Violators should be met with double the punishment. The police have an unfair advantage. They should live in fear of using it.

I can't see a civilian police review board being a good thing. There are a lot of people out there who constantly think "@$#% the police." There is a disaster waiting to happen.
edit on 29-5-2011 by gentledissident because: makeup

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join